Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought Brady would elevate scrubs to superhuman levels

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    QBs don't "elevate" receivers. I've always said that notion is ridiculous. If it were true, you wouldn't have so many failed receivers on teams with great QBs. Just look at all of the WRs the Pats and Colts went through over the last decade. People just don't remember the ones that fail.

A good QB will allow a talented receiver to translate that talent into numbers on the field, as happened with Welker when he left Miami for New England. A bad QB will prevent them from doing so, as has been the case with Larry Fitzgerald for the past few years out in Arizona.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A receiver still has to run a route, still has to get some separation or make a close play near a DB, and still has to catch the ball. Good systems allow them to get more open due to scheme and good QBs put the ball in better places to make the catch. It's a symbiotic relationship and I don't know why some think it's always one or the other. A good QB can only make a crap receiver look so good and a good receiver can only make a crap QB look so good.

In Sanchez' case, it's often an inaccurate pass combined with bad hands and/or a bad route or separation - a bad QB making a bad WR look... well, bad.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 09-16-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    QBs don't "elevate" receivers. I've always said that notion is ridiculous. If it were true, you wouldn't have so many failed receivers on teams with great QBs. Just look at all of the WRs the Pats and Colts went through over the last decade. People just don't remember the ones that fail.

A good QB will allow a talented receiver to translate that talent into numbers on the field, as happened with Welker when he left Miami for New England. A bad QB will prevent them from doing so, as has been the case with Larry Fitzgerald for the past few years out in Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    A receiver still has to run a route, still has to get some separation or make a close play near a DB, and still has to catch the ball. Good systems allow them to get more open due to scheme and good QBs put the ball in better places to make the catch. It's a symbiotic relationship and I don't know why some think it's always one or the other. A good QB can only make a crap receiver look so good and a good receiver can only make a crap QB look so good.

In Sanchez' case, it's often an inaccurate pass combined with bad hands and/or a bad route or separation - a bad QB making a bad WR look... well, bad.
    2 pretty good posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Amendola and such would step in and NE would be fine on O.

I admit that I was wrong. Honestly, I'm not sure they win even 8 games.

#yoloswag

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

#yoloswag
    Yeah, and the Jets will easily win 8 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

#yoloswag
    Gronk will be back and one of the young receivers should start to progress (they have 3 of them in Dobson, Thomkins, and Boyce). That and an improved defense will get them at least 10 wins. They're already 2-0, so that only requires them to be slightly better than .500 for the rest of the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Yeah, and the Jets will easily win 8 games.
    Never said they would.

Now, go back to PastFans and root for your favorite team.

#yoloswag

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm way lazier than you amigo.
    It wasn't too hard to find. There are only so many threads in the world that celebrate the absence of Zach Sudfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL!

Seriously... If Brady pulls off some kind of miracle against this Defense with whatever Practice Squad guys he has, I'll be the first to give the punkass props.

EAT HIM ALIVE, JETS!!!!

LET THE FEAST BEGIN!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    All last year all we heard was that even though we had horrible weapons, and no one could get open or catch the ball it was all Sanchez's fault for not elevating them.

After the pat's game I don't hear anything about how the Jet's dline dominated the pat's oline, collapsing the pocket and preventing Brady from stepping up and disrupting the timing. But nothing was Brady's fault, it was all the WRs. All week it was poor Brady he has no weapons and Geno looked like crap. How come it wasn't Jets D dominated Brady, and Geno had worse weapons then Brady did. Why not Poor geno, he has the worst WR in the NFL?

Just a small rant, after hearing again today how hard it is to be Brady with out any weapons.
    The truth is you always need good to GREAT skill position players on offense. The only reason why people were saying otherwise the last two years was to knock Sanchez!!

Why if we had Brady it was said he would be able to get rid of the ball in less than 1.4 seconds on every play and he would magically turn guys suited to the CFL into HOF players. It was all so much nonsense and you even see some of it on this thread.

Football is the ultimate team game and you need good players at the skill positions.

Is Sanchez as good as Brady? Of course not! One is headed for the HOF while the other looks like he may end up being a back-up but to argue that the QB will just lift the talent around him regardless of how good it is; is INSANE!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never said they would.

Now, go back to PastFans and root for your favorite team.

#yoloswag
    Pats fan blah blah blah.....Not a real Jets fan blah blah blah....SOJF blah blah blah....Heard it all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All he does is win.
    Barely and that is starting to change IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO BUCS!!!

RIP HIS HEAD RIGHT OFF HIS NECK!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't you the guy who said if Brady founnd a way to beat he Jets, you would give him props?
    Brady didn't find a way to beat the Jets, Geno did.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Barely and that is starting to change IMO.
    2-0. How is it changing?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-0. How is it changing?
    You do realize the jets, despite their awful WR play, were one incomplete TD catch away from beating New England at home?

Both teams probably aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. I think we can leave it at that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    You do realize the jets, despite their awful WR play, were one incomplete TD catch away from beating New England at home?

Both teams probably aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. I think we can leave it at that.
    I do realize that. the point is the Pats always find a way to win, the Jets always find a way to lose.

And don't give up on the Super Bowl for either team. Stranger things have happened. Peyton could get injured!!!