Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: NBC Sunday Night Football: 49ers @ Seahawks

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    I wouldn't call it dominating. Both QB's look sloppy. Neither Wilson nor Kap look great.

    Wilson threw a incomplete pass in the end zone which was behind the receiver. I don't see people complaining about that but when Geno Smith does that this forum goes "ZOMG, Geno sucks, bench him."

    Kap tried to thread a pass to his receiver near the Seahawks endzone, the ball got tipped and intercepted. I doubt SF fans will be complaining about that much but when Geno does it, he gets crucified.

    Kap has also been sacked a few times today. I guess Kap holds the ball too long according to Jets fans.
    I truly hope that you are at least smart enough to realize that comparing two Playoff caliber QBs having off nights to a rookie who has shown very little is woefully irresponsible.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sherman is not only playing at a near-Revis level but has much more swag. Makes a pick and then dances with the cheerleaders. Best man-corner in the game right now until Revis proves he's 100%.
    You know very little about football. Comparing Sherman with Revis is like comparing Matt Ryan with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. A good player vs an all-time great.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    You know very little about football. Comparing Sherman with Revis is like comparing Matt Ryan with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. A good player vs an all-time great.
    No disrespect to Revis. He's still working his way back. I said "right now."

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Seahawks cashing in on a solid performance - four quarters of pure hustle.

    Jets look like pack mules on valium compared to Seattle.
    49er's offense (especially Kapernick) made a lot of mistakes tonight, Seattle's defense took advantage of those mistakes. Aside from Lynch, Seattle's offense didn't look that great.

    The game was played in 70 degree weather in a half dome with no wind rather than in sh**y Northeast weather.

    Domed NFL football games are always played at a slightly faster pace, especially compared to NFL games played outdoors in the Northeast. Most NFL teams would look fast in the conditions Seattle played in tonight.
    Last edited by houyx; 09-16-2013 at 12:57 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Don't know why. Peterson isn't nearly as good as Sherman.
    Petersen can fill in at QB and WR if needed. I'd like to see Sherman do that.

    Seriously, they're both very good players. I know everyone is in love with Sherman these days, but Peterson is just a freak of nature. He can do it all. I find Sherman to be a little overrated. I've seen him get abused on quite a few occasions.

  6. #26
    Plus he used the word "swag" while trying to be taken seriously. That should be grounds for being banned on the spot.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    Plus he used the word "swag" while trying to be taken seriously. That should be grounds for being banned on the spot.
    Credit to Petersen because he can play both sides of the ball, as well as special teams and even complete a pass. He's much more athletic, but Sherman is the most physical and true shutdown corner in the league right now. Revis can regain that title in a short while when he proves himself 100% healthy and returned to Revis Island form.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    Petersen can fill in at QB and WR if needed. I'd like to see Sherman do that.

    Seriously, they're both very good players. I know everyone is in love with Sherman these days, but Peterson is just a freak of nature. He can do it all. I find Sherman to be a little overrated. I've seen him get abused on quite a few occasions.
    Two things that are completely irrelevant while comparing them as CB's. And even so Sherman played WR in college, so i'm sure he could give some snaps if really needed.

    And Sherman is much better as a shutdown corner. Peterson is the one who gets abused routinely. Calvin had 100+ and 2 TDs on him today alone. Crabtree went for 200 yards on Peterson last year, Sherman held him catchless one game.

    They are not close as CB's. Peterson at this point is more of a media creation, than a great player.

    Revis and Sherman are on there own tier as CB's and the next tier ain't close.

  9. #29
    Browner, the guy who plays across from Sherman, is almost as effective a corner at this point but doesn't have the mouth. Browner's top 10, Sherman is probably top 5, but there's really no justification for ranking them higher than that. Playing on a loaded defense has elevated both of them. They benefit from having the best cover safety, by far, playing behind them and having a hellacious pass rush in front of them. Sherman, Flowers, Haden, Peterson, and even Cromartie, are all comparable players. There's not really a clear separation between them right now. We'll see if Revis is able to re-establish himself as a cut above, or if he'll merely join the group.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Don't know why. Peterson isn't nearly as good as Sherman.
    Peterson not quite as good in coverage, but gets the "Primetime" bonus for how dangerous he is after he makes an INT.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Two things that are completely irrelevant while comparing them as CB's. And even so Sherman played WR in college, so i'm sure he could give some snaps if really needed.

    And Sherman is much better as a shutdown corner. Peterson is the one who gets abused routinely. Calvin had 100+ and 2 TDs on him today alone. Crabtree went for 200 yards on Peterson last year, Sherman held him catchless one game.

    They are not close as CB's. Peterson at this point is more of a media creation, than a great player.

    Revis and Sherman are on there own tier as CB's and the next tier ain't close.
    Sherman 2012 was not Sherman 2011. He had a success rate of 61%, down from 68% the year before. His yards per attempt against also went from 5.6 (10th) to 6.7 (22nd).

    Still trying to track down Peterson's metrics, but I know there wasn't a huge gap between them in 2012. Peterson also doesn't enjoy the same benefits in Arizona that Sherman does in Seattle.

    edit: And a tidbit from Football Outsiders on the Seahawks last year: Browner played more snaps against the #1 receiver than Sherman did.

    2nd edit: Peterson's numbers from 2012: 59% success rate (11th to Sherman's 8th), 6.6 adjusted yards per attempt against (21st to Sherman's 30th on 7.1 yards, they don't list Peterson's raw ypa)

    That's what I was talking about though. There was really nothing between them last year. Peterson was excellent.
    Last edited by JB1089; 09-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.

  12. #32
    Harbuagh is a douche.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by norcaljet View Post
    I just can't stand Dungy and Harrison.
    They're a very awkward combo, that's for sure.

    There are so many horrible choices in TV land that I wonder what it is exactly that they're trying to accomplish? It's not at all entertaining to me to be force fed Warren Sapp's bs, or Terry Bradshaw's, or Michael Irvin's, to name just a few.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I truly hope that you are at least smart enough to realize that comparing two Playoff caliber QBs having off nights to a rookie who has shown very little is woefully irresponsible.
    another Sanchez hero worshiper has spoken!

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    another Sanchez hero worshiper has spoken!
    +1

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Credit to Petersen because he can play both sides of the ball, as well as special teams and even complete a pass. He's much more athletic, but Sherman is the most physical and true shutdown corner in the league right now. Revis can regain that title in a short while when he proves himself 100% healthy and returned to Revis Island form.
    Have you seen Revis play the last 2 games?

    Ask Santonio Holmes and Marques Colston how healthy Revis is...

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,719
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1
    - 1. He's talking about 3 QB's not named Sanchez and in fact defending Geno. Pointless comment just to get a dig in to another poster.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    They're a very awkward combo, that's for sure.

    There are so many horrible choices in TV land that I wonder what it is exactly that they're trying to accomplish? It's not at all entertaining to me to be force fed Warren Sapp's bs, or Terry Bradshaw's, or Michael Irvin's, to name just a few.
    I don't mind Sapp. I agree about rest. But the Dungy/Harrison duo is horrible IMO. Dungy has no personality. Last night there was an awkward moment when Harrison slapped Dungy on the chest. Dungy looked like he was going to go into a fetal position.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    49er's offense (especially Kapernick) made a lot of mistakes tonight, Seattle's defense took advantage of those mistakes. Aside from Lynch, Seattle's offense didn't look that great.

    The game was played in 70 degree weather in a half dome with no wind rather than in sh**y Northeast weather.

    Domed NFL football games are always played at a slightly faster pace, especially compared to NFL games played outdoors in the Northeast. Most NFL teams would look fast in the conditions Seattle played in tonight.
    In the rain? It was raining, ding-dong.

    Did you watch the game at all or just spend the night attacking every comment on the board?

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I truly hope that you are at least smart enough to realize that comparing two Playoff caliber QBs having off nights to a rookie who has shown very little is woefully irresponsible.
    Don't get your hopes up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us