Thread: 2014 Jets Cap

2014 Jets Cap

The thread on the cap breakdown got me looking at the cap page for next year. Would i be correct to assume going into next year we should have some money to spend on getting this ****ty offense upgraded?

Sanchez - gone
    Holmes - gone
    Cro - restructured (has a 5mil roster bonus)
    Harris - might be gone (5mil cap savings)

that leaves Mangold and Brick as the 2 highest paid jets, next highest is around 3mil for Milliner. We also have no dead money projected right now, unless someone like Harris gets cut.

I think between the Jets obviously needing to go offense in the draft next year, and having cash to spend on getting some FA...MM is going to be able to build "his" offense from scratch.

I might be in the minority but I would like to keep Holmes if we could reduce his contact to something more reasonable

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I might be in the minority but I would like to keep Holmes if we could reduce his contact to something more reasonable

ehh i dont think there is enough upside to keeping him. there is always a chance for him to go off the reservation, and its not like he is sure handed or getting younger. He just seems like the kind of guy you keep from young players at all costs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...Jets&Year=2014

Looks the Jets have about $98 million currently tied up, with $16M easily saved by cutting Holmes and Sanchez. I think they also re-structure Cro to save some $$$ and depending on Harris' 2013 performance, ask him to take a pay cut.. They could easily be under $80 million with the cap projected to be around $122M

Jets Insider VIP
    We need S101

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...Jets&Year=2014
    New York Jets 2014 Salary Cap
    Offensive Spend:
    Defensive Spend:
    Specials Spend:

19 Players
    15 Players
    2 Players

$56,003,356
    $41,188,565
    $1,445,000

Table View: Cap Spending Cash Spending Financial Report

Hall Of Fame
    I think Wilk will be getting a new deal. Howard is a FA and depending on how things go for Ducasse he might be re-signed as well.

The FA class is pretty weak. I think Orakpo and Nicks are the top FAs. I just don't think Idzik will be signing any high priced FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Wilk will be getting a new deal. Howard is a FA and depending on how things go for Ducasse he might be re-signed as well.

The FA class is pretty weak. I think Orakpo and Nicks are the top FAs. I just don't think Idzik will be signing any high priced FAs.
    Jimmy Graham will be a free agent, and the Saints cap situation in 2014 is a nightmare, but maybe they have enough dough to franchise him and not even give us a legitimate shot to bid on him.

Jets Insider VIP

Jimmy Graham would be the biggest FA, but there's zero chance the Saints don't re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post

I have brought this up too. If Geno has a good season with Hill, Kerley, and Holmes it may not be a great idea to cut Holmes. Unless you can land a better option which there isnt a lot of them. Out side of Nicks and maybe Watkins your looking at a downgrade. People may hate him but talent wise he is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Jimmy Graham would be the biggest FA, but there's zero chance the Saints don't re-sign him.
    Graham is going to want 8 mil a year for 5-6 years. I find it hard to believe he he returns at that price. Saints have bigger priorities then TE to spend that money on.

Holmes needs to go. He is a prima donna. You can catch him at least once a game throwing his hand up in the air looking for a flag before the play is over. Make the damn play and then go for the flag.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't realize Graham was a FA. He would be the marquee FA. Either way I still don't see us signing any of the top tier FAs.

Veteran
    Keep Holmes, he's the best option on the team. Sign Nicks to go with him. Give Geno options and weapons. Holmes and Nicks outside, Kerley in the slot.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought this was going to be a thread about hats. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I thought this was going to be a thread about hats. :\
    there will be plenty of free agent wideouts available next year no worries

Didn't realize Graham was a FA. He would be the marquee FA. Either way I still don't see us signing any of the top tier FAs.
    Wow would I love to see Winslow and Graham on the Jets.