Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all those wanting to sack Geno

Rookie

For all those wanting to sack Geno

If you watched any of the games today you saw Manning, Kap and other throw huge picks today. Geno is in his second game and some fans want to bench him and get rid of him after this short time. Everyone throws picks when they try to do too much. What would make anyone think Geno is done after 2 games and not very reliable weapons at this time. All of last years super rookies had bad games and plenty of picks accept RG3 and he is getting it this year. I Geno was the clear cut starter from day one then he would be farther along than he is now. He would still have these kinds of games. Luck had 3 picks in three different games and he grew. We have no idea what he will become but there is no way he is a done deal. Neither is Sanchez at this point. Gannon didn't become MVP with his first team neither. We have to for once give players in the New York time to grow. This area spits players out but why does it have to be that way? Geno has a lot on his plate. This OC isn't trying to make it easier for teams to defend us. He is doing the same thing the Colts did to Luck. He will either sink or swim but he will not be untested in leading this team. When is the last time the Jets had a rookie throwing this much? Sanchez didn't (if we did maybe we find out if he could shoulder the load) and looks like the Jets are taking a different approach with Geno. The Jets want to win this year but Geno will not be along for the ride he will be a major player.

Agree. Anyone already bailing is an idiot and doesn't deserve to call themselves a fan.

#yoloswag

I'm patient with him - and despite his turnovers (there are 5 by the way, on pace for 40 this year), we're in each game. Geno's decent in only two games with limited help.

I hope people give him a chance, and not worry that the Jets aren't winning games by 40 points. Be patient, we're starting with a new rookie QB, not some seasoned veteran.

Agree. We just need to see what he learns from the mistakes.

Veteran
    picks are part of the game, even for the best but come on guys, do you really think people have that much vision, they will be calling for his head the same way they where Sanchez. its what you do the rest of the game, both manning and Geno did a great job for the rest of the game that should have gotten both the win, only difference between the Denver game and the Jets game and why they won and we did not,,,,,,, Denver receivers actually caught the ball when thrown to them. Jets have receivers that catch the ball and we win the game hand down. I am threw hear!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Agree. Anyone already bailing is an idiot and doesn't deserve to call themselves a fan.

#yoloswag
    I disappeatr from Ji for a few days because some of these threads make me ill.Now were hearing we should have drafted deandre Hopkins instead of Millner.Two draft picks some people are giving up on,please!!!!

The issue is that some of the older fans are so desperate for success that they're ready to cut bait with any player if they aren't canton-bound 2 games into their career.

#yoloswag

#yoloswag
    I'm not bailing on Geno, but I am still mindful of the fact that the best QB coming out of preseason is currently on our bench waiting for an opportunity to show what he can bring to the table.

In my experience on this board its seems us "older" fans have more patience than the younger crowd.

The issue is that some of the older fans are so desperate for success that they're ready to cut bait with any player if they aren't canton-bound 2 games into their career.

#yoloswag

Sanchez sucks and is done. Accept it and move on. The only think he'd bring to the table us pick 6s and ass fumbles.

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    In my experience on this board its seems us "older" fans have more patience than the younger crowd.
    Could have fooled me.

#yoloswag

I agree as a whole not to give up on Geno. But his first 2 picks wasn't because he made a wrong read or got fooled by the defense. They were just bad inaccurate throws, especially the second one to Dennard.

Hopefully his mechanics can get cleaned up. But I agree, people who are jumping ship on Geno are overreacting a but much.

#yoloswag
    You have to be rational though.I started a thread that we should inquire about Blackmon, from the Jags.There so awful,Blackmon will be at the end of his career when the Jags might compete. I want to win now too,but be rational.Alot of peo[ple thought i was nuts,for suggesting that trade inquiry

All League
    I agree that it is way too early to bail on Geno. My major hope for this team is to see improvement during the course of the year. If they are a better team and Geno is a better QB in November and December than they are now, the I will feel pretty good about the season. Along the way, if they can steal enough games early (when the learning curve is steepest) to contend for a playoff spot this year, that will be a nice added bonus.

If this team is being built to compete in another year or two, then I am willing to be patient, as long as I see improvement over the course of the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    If you watched any of the games today you saw Manning, Kap and other throw huge picks today. Geno is in his second game and some fans want to bench him and get rid of him after this short time. Everyone throws picks when they try to do too much. What would make anyone think Geno is done after 2 games and not very reliable weapons at this time. All of last years super rookies had bad games and plenty of picks accept RG3 and he is getting it this year. I Geno was the clear cut starter from day one then he would be farther along than he is now. He would still have these kinds of games. Luck had 3 picks in three different games and he grew. We have no idea what he will become but there is no way he is a done deal. Neither is Sanchez at this point. Gannon didn't become MVP with his first team neither. We have to for once give players in the New York time to grow. This area spits players out but why does it have to be that way? Geno has a lot on his plate. This OC isn't trying to make it easier for teams to defend us. He is doing the same thing the Colts did to Luck. He will either sink or swim but he will not be untested in leading this team. When is the last time the Jets had a rookie throwing this much? Sanchez didn't (if we did maybe we find out if he could shoulder the load) and looks like the Jets are taking a different approach with Geno. The Jets want to win this year but Geno will not be along for the ride he will be a major player.
    PLEASE never try to be rational with SUCKCHEZ' hero worshipers on this board. They will have a go at any QB who might replace their hero. I predict your post is going to upset them and they will be out in full force dumping on Geno. They are an irrational lot! But have patience. In time when he goes to Canada so will they!

All Pro
    I've set my expectations nice and low for this year. All I want to see is our guys improving as time goes on. Sort out who has a future as a JET and who is a replaceable part.

The fact we only lost to NE by three, having as many turnovers as we did, shows we are not as bad as people make out. And the mighty New Orleans didn't exactly take Tampa to the cleaners either. Offense is an issue, but defense is not, so we have something to build on.

All Pro
    I don't care who you got a qb.. If the WR are not gonna catch bad things will happen..

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez sucks and is done. Accept it and move on. The only think he'd bring to the table us pick 6s and ass fumbles.

#yoloswag
    Agreed and he would open his mouth to say he won the QB competition. What the heck did that add to anything? Its going to create divisions among Jets players and we can not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed and he would open his mouth to say he won the QB competition. What the heck did that add to anything? Its going to create divisions among Jets players and we can not have it.
    Geno just needs how to learn that he can't do it by himself, and that there many occasions where he needs to throw the ball away. All we can hope for is that he improves over the course of this lost season, and that by seasons end, we know what we got.

All Pro
    Another thing that struck me over the weekend ... a lot of people wanted MM to run the ball lots on Thursday and protect Geno etc. But is that going to be any good in the medium / long term? It's a QB league, running games are becoming more of an afterthought almost. I think MM wants to win games HIS WAY, and he will keep running it that way until the results come. Sure, you could have Geno hand the ball off 40 times. What does he really learn from that?

For years fans on this board have complained about a lack of an agressive offense / OC ... now that we have one, the calls are for us to be less aggressive. We will only win in this league if we can pass our way to victory, so the more experience we can get our QB in particular in this sort of system, the better. Will it hurt short term? Sure. But limiting the QB exposure got us to where we ended up with Sanchez; I like the current "baptism of fire" approach. Live by the Geno, die by the Geno!