Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For all those wanting to sack Geno

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    If you watched any of the games today you saw Manning, Kap and other throw huge picks today. Geno is in his second game and some fans want to bench him and get rid of him after this short time. Everyone throws picks when they try to do too much. What would make anyone think Geno is done after 2 games and not very reliable weapons at this time. All of last years super rookies had bad games and plenty of picks accept RG3 and he is getting it this year. I Geno was the clear cut starter from day one then he would be farther along than he is now. He would still have these kinds of games. Luck had 3 picks in three different games and he grew. We have no idea what he will become but there is no way he is a done deal. Neither is Sanchez at this point. Gannon didn't become MVP with his first team neither. We have to for once give players in the New York time to grow. This area spits players out but why does it have to be that way? Geno has a lot on his plate. This OC isn't trying to make it easier for teams to defend us. He is doing the same thing the Colts did to Luck. He will either sink or swim but he will not be untested in leading this team. When is the last time the Jets had a rookie throwing this much? Sanchez didn't (if we did maybe we find out if he could shoulder the load) and looks like the Jets are taking a different approach with Geno. The Jets want to win this year but Geno will not be along for the ride he will be a major player.
    The sickness of instant gratification.....

Ignorant fans want to see Joe Montana right out of the gate when it doesn't exist. Even Andrew Luck, the most pro-ready prospect of this generation had some clunkers in his rookie season with one of them coming against us. Geno slipped to the 2nd round for a reason. It's gonna take time to bring him along, and with patience you may have something special in 2-3 seasons.....he'll show us by the end of the year if we should take the risk and build around him.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    How can you be happy with what Geno has done ? 4 Ints a fumble and 1 TD ? they should be 0 - 2
    Because he is getting better everytime he plays and MM Offense keeps us in the game. The last game the running game started and Geno got a little more time to throw. He complete a lot of passes and a lot were dropped in wet weather.

I can one up you, I thought he may have played well this year, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I agree. I'm a 52 year old 45 year Jets fan and have more patience than most. I didn't even bail on Sanchez until the Titans game last year. Now that's patience!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The issue is that some of the older fans are so desperate for success that they're ready to cut bait with any player if they aren't canton-bound 2 games into their career.

#yoloswag
    And they wonder why success has never found the Jets.

You can't say "let's blow the whole thing up!" every year we don't go deep in the playoffs. All of the best teams have some semblance of continuity. We don't have any hardware to show off because this organization has none. Maybe if people would learn some patience we would actually build this thing the right way, instead of calling for X coach or players head and starting over every 4-5 years.
    Last edited by carlito1171; 09-16-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I would add that almost EVERY JETS fan I know is happy with Geno. because one or three jagoffs post here to remove him is not indicative of the fans. I would say over 90 percent of fans are thrilled with what he has done.

I am too.

Who are you to speak for Jets fans?

Every fan has their own opinion.....why are you speaking for them?? 90 percent are thrilled? Did you take a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I would add that almost EVERY JETS fan I know is happy with Geno. because one or three jagoffs post here to remove him is not indicative of the fans. I would say over 90 percent of fans are thrilled with what he has done.

I am too.
    As a (very) long time fan. I root for the qb in the Jet uniform. Put me down as one who is not "thrilled" with Geno's production but as we are not going anywhere this year I am on the side of caution. I will not bash him if he fails or turn him like so many of our fans seem to do with our past qb's. I wanted Simms to start to see if we could catch "fire in a bottle". If an when Geno is replaced I will be rooting for the new guy. Until than I am 100% in Geno's corner.

Eli and Romo are also pretty good QB's that throw tons of picks with tons of weapons. I will wait to see if Geno improves over the whole season, but if he commits 3 TO's a game then I will want him to be back up at best and want to draft another QB next year.

Sometimes I wonder if people see things they WANT to see, rather than whats there.....

Is there some sort of hidden deluge of "Bench Geno, Cut Geno, Kill Geno" threads I lack the access to view?

I just perused the 1st page, and I don't see a single topic about removing Geno Smith. Not one, unless I missed it.

It seesm clear, from my reading of the board, that the vast majority understand that:

1. Sanchez is hurt (i.e. cannot play).
    2. Geno Smith is a rookie, and rookies make mistakes.
    3. Our only other option is the perenial most-favored-Jets-player.....the #3 QB.

I don't understand the consternation over one or two chuckleheads or trolls yelling "Bench Geno" from the wilderness of Failposterlandia.

There is no logical reason to bench Geno Smith right now. Defending against (mostly phantom) desires to do so gives the failfringe more attention that they deserve.

Geno is a 2nd round chosen QB who has his big chance to show he can start with Sanchez out. I have no illusions about him being a great franchise QB and my hope is he develops into a good NFL QB. The fact he is here should do absolutely nothing to us regarding possibly drafting a QB next year if a good one is there for us.

Where is he getting better ? He tossed 3 Ints in the 4th quarter against a bad Pats Def. Counting the Giants pre season game he has 7 INTs 2 fumbles and 2 td's, he ran out of the back of the end zone and took a safety with the lead changeing, The guy is not going to be good,

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Where is he getting better ? He tossed 3 Ints in the 4th quarter against a bad Pats Def. Counting the Giants pre season game he has 7 INTs 2 fumbles and 2 td's, he ran out of the back of the end zone and took a safety with the lead changeing, The guy is not going to be good,
    And you know this after 2 starts?

We need to get you some interviews with some NFL teams because clearly you have an eye for talent!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people see things they WANT to see, rather than whats there.....

Is there some sort of hidden deluge of "Bench Geno, Cut Geno, Kill Geno" threads I lack the access to view?

I just perused the 1st page, and I don't see a single topic about removing Geno Smith. Not one, unless I missed it.

It seesm clear, from my reading of the board, that the vast majority understand that:

3. Our only other option is the perenial most-favored-Jets-player.....the #3 QB.

I don't understand the consternation over one or two chuckleheads or trolls yelling "Bench Geno" from the wilderness of Failposterlandia.

There is no logical reason to bench Geno Smith right now. Defending against (mostly phantom) desires to do so gives the failfringe more attention that they deserve.
    Eli was 28 of 39 for 362 yards, but was picked off four times; he had 15 interceptions all of last season and has seven already this year.

Imagine if Eli was wearing a Jets uniform? Eli has Victor Cruz and Nicks.

Sometimes you just need to avoid listening to all the Geno noise.

+1

I've yet to see a serious discussion calling for Geno to be benched.

To me it reads more like a knee-jerk reaction from the "anyone but Sanchez" crowd, who are maybe now coming around to the idea that perhaps Geno would've been better off learning from the sidelines at the start of the season, so he could be better prepared to make the transition when his number was finally called.

But that point is moot now. This is Geno's team and, as fans, we've just got to stay patient and hope he improves from week to week. It's been a somewhat rough start but what I've seen so far gives me hope that Geno has what it takes to be a quality starting QB for our Jets.

He was not that good in college, we know WVU is not exactly a QB factory.

This
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post
    As a (very) long time fan. I root for the qb in the Jet uniform. Put me down as one who is not "thrilled" with Geno's production but as we are not going anywhere this year I am on the side of caution. I will not bash him if he fails or turn him like so many of our fans seem to do with our past qb's. I wanted Simms to start to see if we could catch "fire in a bottle". If an when Geno is replaced I will be rooting for the new guy. Until than I am 100% in Geno's corner.

All Pro

Please stop being so rational and let the OP have his strawman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

People that look to the Steelers on how to run a organisation might have not been around for their QB controversy in 1974 between Bradshaw,Terry Hanratty and Joe Gilliam.. All got to start some games and it took some time before Bradshaw emerged as the one to get the Steelers to the Bowl.. At the time the word on Bradshaw was he was so dumb he couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and A.. He also had one throwing speed 100 mph.. While I'm 100% for Geno I wouldn't be pissed if he needed a break and Simms got a shot as well.. Just no more of the fumbler de butt..

I remember Gilliam being the better qb, unfortunately for him drugs got in the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    People that look to the Steelers on how to run a organisation might have not been around for their QB controversy in 1974 between Bradshaw,Terry Hanratty and Joe Gilliam.. All got to start some games and it took some time before Bradshaw emerged as the one to get the Steelers to the Bowl.. At the time the word on Bradshaw was he was so dumb he couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and A.. He also had one throwing speed 100 mph.. While I'm 100% for Geno I wouldn't be pissed if he needed a break and Simms got a shot as well.. Just no more of the fumbler de butt..

I am an older fan and never EVER have said, I nor would I say Geno is no good get rid of him. In fact, I rather like what I see from him, if he had some talent around him, there would be no issue at all-we'd be 2-0 for sure and riding high.

Milliner is another story, wish we could have had Geno and Tavon together here. That would have changed everything.

Im probably a little more optimistic but in general, we are in the same arena. GO JETS!