Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For all those wanting to sack Geno

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I am an older fan and never EVER have said, I nor would I say Geno is no good get rid of him. In fact, I rather like what I see from him, if he had some talent around him, there would be no issue at all-we'd be 2-0 for sure and riding high.

Milliner is another story, wish we could have had Geno and Tavon together here. That would have changed everything.
    agreed....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people see things they WANT to see, rather than whats there.....

Is there some sort of hidden deluge of "Bench Geno, Cut Geno, Kill Geno" threads I lack the access to view?

I just perused the 1st page, and I don't see a single topic about removing Geno Smith. Not one, unless I missed it.

It seesm clear, from my reading of the board, that the vast majority understand that:

1. Sanchez is hurt (i.e. cannot play).
    2. Geno Smith is a rookie, and rookies make mistakes.
    3. Our only other option is the perenial most-favored-Jets-player.....the #3 QB.

I don't understand the consternation over one or two chuckleheads or trolls yelling "Bench Geno" from the wilderness of Failposterlandia.

There is no logical reason to bench Geno Smith right now. Defending against (mostly phantom) desires to do so gives the failfringe more attention that they deserve.
    Not entire threads but comment throughout the entire board. It will be great to hear Steven A and Giants fans try to spin this. Eli threw 4 pics and since Geno was crucified for throwing those picks. I don't want to hear that 2 superbowl rings crap argument. Kapernick also threw three. I want Geno to be better now also. I do say if he has an absolutely crap game he should be benched for the remaining of the game just to send the same kind of message as Milliner. Thursday's game doesn't qualify as that type of game. A game like the butt fumble game would.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    It will be great to hear Steven A and Giants fans try to spin this. Eli threw 4 pics and since Geno was crucified for throwing those picks. I don't want to hear that 2 superbowl rings crap argument.
    1. You may not "want to hear it", but you're being stubbornly ignorant if you don't understand why a two-time Super Bowl Champion QB gets more of a pass than a first-year, second-game QB does for a multi-interception game.

2. Why do you care what the media says? Their job is to get ratings, not to inform or be insightful. Stop being the sheeple they rely on to get all spergy at what they say (and tune in like a rabid badger hanging on every word).

Point being, making spurious comparisons between Eli Manning and Geno Smith is pure bollocks on every level, as is caring in ANY way what Stephen A. Smith or Fracncessa thinks about the Jets or it's current QB.

All Pro
    Not entire threads but comment throughout the entire board. It will be great to hear Steven A and Giants fans try to spin this. Eli threw 4 pics and since Geno was crucified for throwing those picks. I don't want to hear that 2 superbowl rings crap argument. Kapernick also threw three. I want Geno to be better now also. I do say if he has an absolutely crap game he should be benched for the remaining of the game just to send the same kind of message as Milliner. Thursday's game doesn't qualify as that type of game. A game like the butt fumble game would.
    More delusion. No he was not crucified.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    More delusion. No he was not crucified.
    You don't listen to the radio as much as I do. I don't appreciate being called delusional. I don't live in New York so the only way I get a piece of the picture of what's going on there is radio and the internet and yes he was where I live. You have no idea how much it angers me to hear the swipes at this organization I grew up watching at Shea. The worst comes from radio station IN New York! I do like to know about other teams and their players so that's why I watch and listen. Most of the time the anti Jet comment come out of now where by everyone form Jonathan Coachman to Marshal Falk.

All Pro
    You don't listen to the radio as much as I do. I don't appreciate being called delusional. I don't live in New York so the only way I get a piece of the picture of what's going on there is radio and the internet and yes he was where I live. You have no idea how much it angers me to hear the swipes at this organization I grew up watching at Shea. The worst comes from radio station IN New York! I do like to know about other teams and their players so that's why I watch and listen. Most of the time the anti Jet comment come out of now where by everyone form Jonathan Coachman to Marshal Falk.
    Your original post spoke of the fans calling for Geno's head, no mention of the media (and fine if that's where you get your info but who cares what they say).

Geno is in his second game and some fans want to bench him and get rid of him after this short time.