Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Can we make a deep push in the playoffs next year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we make a deep push in the playoffs next year?

I am starting to believe and I think that with one draft that reloads our offense and gets us a big time WR or two we can go deep next year. Of course we need Geno to continue to improve. As much as I didnt like all the D we drafted in this past draft its starting to pay off. I know Milner needs time but our d line is just dirty. Coples,Wilkerson and Richardson all have the look of ProBowlers and the others that surround them are not exactly chopped meat. Things are looking up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    whoa there cowboy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets worry about Tenn in week 4 of 2013 first.

I'm happy too, but we may be getting ahead of ourselves.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It will come down to Geno ... Can he continue to improve upon today? ... If so, sky's the limit w/o major injuries & FO/Coaches the same

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    I am starting to believe and I think that with one draft that reloads our offense and gets us a big time WR or two we can go deep next year. Of course we need Geno to continue to improve. As much as I didnt like all the D we drafted in this past draft its starting to pay off. I know Milner needs time but our d line is just dirty. Coples,Wilkerson and Richardson all have the look of ProBowlers and the others that surround them are not exactly chopped meat. Things are looking up.
    wayyyyyy too early bud.......

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets just hope they improve on the mistakes and go beat the titans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    whoa there cowboy
    I totally hear you on this but when I look at our DLine I just see so much potential. Its not like we have one or two guys. I have dreams of Milner and Cromartie playing well on the corners while Richardson,Mo,Coples,Ellis,Harrison and the rest of the crew are just dominating the line. If Geno can get it together and take a step forward or two we might have something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year, possibly get into the playoffs, by the skin of our teeth.
    This year, 99.9% sure that ain't happening.

But let's not put the cart before the horse, let's just get another win in TN.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year? Why not this year? Who on this schedule really scares you? The Atlanta game was the one I didnt like the most and that even looks winnable ATM. Cinci maybe.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    th.jpg

Jets have played 3 teams that are not good right now and struggled. Have to improve in many ways before thinking of deep push into playoffs next year. Running game has not looked to be dependable, sometimes good others times stuffed in the backfield. Geno needs to learn, defensive backs would not shut down a good passing attack with the players we have.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we just worry about this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVGREEN View Post
    th.jpg

Jets have played 3 teams that are not good right now and struggled. Have to improve in many ways before thinking of deep push into playoffs next year. Running game has not looked to be dependable, sometimes good others times stuffed in the backfield. Geno needs to learn, defensive backs would not shut down a good passing attack with the players we have.
    I agree with your sentiment but I also think they played down to the opponents in the 3 games so far. Tons of self-inflicted mistakes. They need to take the next step now and put together a complete game.

Deep playoff run? Who's to say definitely not? http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...on-picks_N.htm

The 2009 ESPN "Expert" prediction for the Jets was 23rd, but we all know they made the AFCCG. Nobody from USA Today had us in the playoffs, let alone winning 2 games.

This team always does best when nobody gives them a chance. The first 3 games have shown me that the Jets are not playing as if its a re-build type of season, or for a lame duck coach. Looking forward to the Titans!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would anyone say no at this point?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this yr?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Next year? Why not this year? Who on this schedule really scares you? The Atlanta game was the one I didnt like the most and that even looks winnable ATM. Cinci maybe.
    Atlanta, NE, Cincy, Saints, Ravens, Miami 2x, ... that's not scary? lmao

Not to mention @Carolina where the Giants just got demolished.

Also I want to know how the ATL game looks winnable? We're playing @ ATL ... why does that look winnable because they lost to Mia? Is it so far fetched to think Mia might just be really good this year? SMH

Oh yeah @Buffalo isn't a gimme either .. Geno has yet to win a road game either. Lets just all relax a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    um the team is 2-1 and could easily be 3-0...they also have a top 3 defense.....why are you talking about next year. This team is pretty darn good. The present and the future is quite bright. Jets have 12 draft picks in 2014 including two number threes....with that said, you need to look around the league...this jet team can hang with any team in the league....with that insane defense they sure can.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are 99 percent sure this team cannot make the playoffs in 2013.....have you been attention to the other teams in the league....if you are so sure that this squad cannot sniff the playoffs this year then why even watch.......lol friggin amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Next year, possibly get into the playoffs, by the skin of our teeth.
    This year, 99.9% sure that ain't happening.

But let's not put the cart before the horse, let's just get another win in TN.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets get to the bye week first. I like how we look but we haven't exactly been playing great teams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Thank you.We have a chance to win every game we play, because of our defense.Hill has all the tools to be a big play guy.The only thing that might hold us back THIS YEAR is our return game.We have no punt returner,or kick off returner,field position might be our undoing, nothing else.