Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you lose your faith in Rex Ryan as a head coach?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You need to quit whining and get a clue. Most likely his last season? Don't hold your breath. Oh, the media said he was as good as done, and you don't have any faith..... so, he's definitely gone.

He wasn't using timeouts, to save his offense time for a final drive, because he had the LEAD. His defense was holding, until Landry missed the tackle..... THEN he started to use timeouts. What problem are you referring to in the NE game? Again, his defense got the stops, right until the end..... or maybe you missed the 3 fourth quarter interceptions. The offense was constantly put in position to tie or win the game..... it wasn't the defense that failed.

Seriously......... quit whining and get a clue.
    Here, Here!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    I haven't - but what I do see is a different Rex. Idzik is putting in place his rules, his way and it is keeping Rex from being Rex. I called WFAN about that on Saturday and I also put it in my blog. I told Evan if Idzik and Woody fire Rex don't be surprised if he is not up in New England revamping there defense next season!
    I would absolutely lose my sh!t if this happened. I would blame Woody/Idzik/ and every Jet fan who wants him out of NY for their short-sighted, SOJF, stupidity because they're not getting satisfaction in the moment. These type of Jet fans would then be my sworn enemy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why I am replying to a thread that says Rex sucks as a coach and uses Edelman's production last Thursday as part of his hypothesis. Of all the completely stupid things to use he uses that. Wow, the only thing that proves is my hypothesis that the OP doesn't know jack sh-t about football.

Sure look at the 13 catches and cry like a little baby. The fact of the matter is it's impossible to prevent a guy that's being hidden and moved around that much from making a catch.

If someone were to give any coach in the NFL, college or even high school right down to peewee's the ability to hold the opposition's top WR to 4.33 yds per pass attempt, every single head coach in the football world would sign up for it. That is putrid, absolutely putrid production. 13 catches for 78 yards on 18 attempts is horrible for a teams #1 WR. Keep an LB on that guy all day long and 6 ways to Sunday if that's the top WR's production because it flat out sucks. I swear I hate Jets fans, well at least all the mouth breathing monumentally stupid kind.

Rex makes mistakes, quite a lot of them. However, he is a pretty good coach and I shutter to think of how poorly any other coach they brought in would have fared with that garbage the Jets called a roster last year. That roster in the hands of most other coaches is 2-3 wins at best.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    I would absolutely lose my sh!t if this happened. I would blame Woody/Idzik/ and every Jet fan who wants him out of NY for their short-sighted, SOJF, stupidity because they're not getting satisfaction in the moment. These type of Jet fans would then be my sworn enemy.
    Or if he doesn't want to leave home giants would love him as DC and even a promise as coughlin's successor.. giants backbone has always been strong D with pass rush.. They haven't had that this yr or last and that's why they haven't been good.. They would be Super Bowl team again with Rex running the D.. Or maybe would take a job closer to sons college.. Woody could be that stupid to let him go..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 1st time I questioned Rex was in year 1 vs the Colts in the AFC Championship game. In the 2nd half the game started getting away from us and instead of going out in a blaze of glory, we kept running the ball with thomas jones when it was clear we couldnt get back into the game that way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have not lost faith in Rex..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    " When did you lose your faith in Rex Ryan as a head coach ? "

~ ~ i haven't..i NEVER had ANY faith in him as a HEAD coach..

...i just wish he was our Defensive Coordinator

cheers ~ ~

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
    I don't know why I am replying to a thread that says Rex sucks as a coach and uses Edelman's production last Thursday as part of his hypothesis. Of all the completely stupid things to use he uses that. Wow, the only thing that proves is my hypothesis that the OP doesn't know jack sh-t about football.

Sure look at the 13 catches and cry like a little baby. The fact of the matter is it's impossible to prevent a guy that's being hidden and moved around that much from making a catch.

If someone were to give any coach in the NFL, college or even high school right down to peewee's the ability to hold the opposition's top WR to 4.33 yds per pass attempt, every single head coach in the football world would sign up for it. That is putrid, absolutely putrid production. 13 catches for 78 yards on 18 attempts is horrible for a teams #1 WR. Keep an LB on that guy all day long and 6 ways to Sunday if that's the top WR's production because it flat out sucks. I swear I hate Jets fans, well at least all the mouth breathing monumentally stupid kind.

Rex makes mistakes, quite a lot of them. However, he is a pretty good coach and I shutter to think of how poorly any other coach they brought in would have fared with that garbage the Jets called a roster last year. That roster in the hands of most other coaches is 2-3 wins at best.
    Fair post with stats to back it up. But a lot of Edelmen's catches were for 1st downs, which has been a problem for this defense over the years. If you're saying "there's nothing you can do" about allowing the other team to convert on 3rd down, obviously we're screwed before we start.

I like Rex and would love to see him flourish here -- in no way have I "lost faith" in him. But I also don't sing his praises the way I used to. The "dominant" D we seem to have on paper rarely appears that way on the field. And with all the high picks we've used on that side of the ball I'd like to see a stronger overall unit. Having said that, four of those picks have three or less years experience, so I'm willing to wait to see what they grow in to . . .

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    October 2, 2011

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No particular event but over time it's clear he's not HC material.

His team is constantly unprepared when it comes to situational football. So many blunders. I'll give him that he gameplans pretty well, but when situations come up during games, your team has to be ready to handle it.

Demote him to DC.

And get a real HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Fair post with stats to back it up. But a lot of Edelmen's catches were for 1st downs, which has been a problem for this defense over the years. If you're saying "there's nothing you can do" about allowing the other team to convert on 3rd down, obviously we're screwed before we start.

I like Rex and would love to see him flourish here -- in no way have I "lost faith" in him. But I also don't sing his praises the way I used to. The "dominant" D we seem to have on paper rarely appears that way on the field. And with all the high picks we've used on that side of the ball I'd like to see a stronger overall unit. Having said that, four of those picks have three or less years experience, so I'm willing to wait to see what they grow in to . . .
    The Pats only had 9 first downs the whole game. 9.

I don't care if Edelmen (however you spell that) got 9 himself, who cares. The NE offense had 9 first downs the whole game. There is nothing that can be said to make a valid argument that Rex's D had a bad game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    When he hired Tony Sparano to be his O Coordinator.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    If this happens I would hurl and then seriously question handing in my Jet card. That would be a top 5 blunder in NYJ history and THAT'S saying something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    No particular event but over time it's clear he's not HC material.

His team is constantly unprepared when it comes to situational football. So many blunders. I'll give him that he gameplans pretty well, but when situations come up during games, your team has to be ready to handle it.

Demote him to DC.

And get a real HC.
    Please stop posting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the cliff notes version........1) at the end of 2011 when he admitted that he had lost the pulse of the team after Santonio Holmes( who he named a captain) quit on his team 2) This year, putting in, and injuring, his only experienced QB in a meaningless game. To me, those are the most blatant examples of how Rex doesn't have the decision making ability of a head coach. He's a defensive coordinator, nothing more. Would GM take their best mechanic and make him the CEO? There's a reason why Baltimore passed on him twice, and we see more evidence of that every year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I try to keep an historical perspective. 2nd best Jets HC of my lifetime. If he's fired, I actually think he takes some time off and gets a HC job at some point. Someone will take a chance on him (i.e. - Oakland).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    The same way Sean Payton bothers all Saints fans for his disregard/ignorance for the defensive side of the ball right?

There are few Parcells/Belichick's left in this league. All other head coaches are glorified coordinators. An HC's job nowadays is to strengthen the side of the ball they are experts on, and hire strong coordinators for the side of the ball they are not experts on. You can fault Rex for going with Schotty/Sporano as OC's but I'm not even sure both calls were 100% his. It looks like he is trying to right his wrongs by moving away from G&P and hiring MM as OC. Let's see this play out this season before we continue this venom towards Rex.
    Peyton has a super bowl win, see my post in another thread about winning the big one giving you tons of leeway, see Coughlin, see Belly, see freaking bill cowher after years of fail.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Peyton has a super bowl win, see my post in another thread about winning the big one giving you tons of leeway, see Coughlin, see Belly, see freaking bill cowher after years of fail.
    He didn't get that win, by being a great DC, or even paying attention to that side of the ball. He got that Super Bowl win, AFTER hiring one of the best DCs in the league.... Gregg Williams.

Seriously....... lay off the booze, Lahey.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I'd say it would be the end of 2011. This was the beginning of the "unnamed sources" stories. This was also the time where he let schotty have Sanchez throw the ball 59 times. This was also the game where I think this was the "beginning of the end for Rex": Victor Cruz's 99 yard touchdown. The week after that was when Tone got into the argument with Wayne Hunter in the huddle during the 2 minute drill in Miami. Ever since this point, thing have gone down hill and Rex is the figurehead in all of this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never really lost faith but have questioned if he can be a complete HC. Ironically, he finally seems to be the coach I hoped he would be this year. Hopefully its not too late.