Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldson suspension overturned, will play vs. Pats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Goldson suspension overturned, will play vs. Pats.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    NFL overturned one-game suspension of Bucs S Dashon Goldson, who now will play allowed to play Sunday vs. New England.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahahaa ... Announced on Sirius as well ... pats goin down ... Edelman concussion time!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see an upset coming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Goldson's headhunting, he plays like he has a bad case of roid rage.

With that being said I hope Goldson goes Bernard Pollard on the Pastriots Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    > NFL: "WE'RE SUPER CONCERNED ABOUT HEAD INJURIES, GUISE!"
    > concussion lawsuit ends
    > "LOL JK! WE DON'T GAF!"

#yoloswag

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Source: Appeals officer Matt Birk affirmed Goldson’s $30,000 fine from #Jets game. As for the Sproles hit, Goldson was fined $100,000.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether he hurts anyone or not, he definitely makes it a tougher game for Brady, and that short passing game. Glad they're playing Tampa at full strength. My money's on Tampa now...not much money, but a couple bucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Whether he hurts anyone or not, he definitely makes it a tougher game for Brady, and that short passing game. Glad they're playing Tampa at full strength. My money's on Tampa now...not much money, but a couple bucks.
    I might even start the Bucs D this week in FF LOL!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha, the new CBA ruines Patdell and Kraft's master plan, the call for a neutral authority on league suspensions removes Patdell's power.

Awesome!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Source: Appeals officer Matt Birk affirmed Goldson’s $30,000 fine from #Jets game. As for the Sproles hit, Goldson was fined $100,000.
    That's starting to be real money there. $130K in the first two weeks might be equal to his game checks (I don't know what the dude makes at all). Far cry from $7.5k slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Hahaha, the new CBA ruines Patdell and Kraft's master plan, the call for a neutral authority on league suspensions removes Patdell's power.

Awesome!!!
    These comments are really dumb. Just as dumb as Pat fans saying "Goodell worked for the Jets, of course he's going to be biased."

Just sayin'

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goodell worked for the Jets, of course he's going to be biased.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's starting to be real money there. $130K in the first two weeks might be equal to his game checks (I don't know what the dude makes at all). Far cry from $7.5k slap on the wrist.

These comments are really dumb. Just as dumb as Pat fans saying "Goodell worked for the Jets, of course he's going to be biased."

Just sayin'
    I think they said Goldson makes about 260k per game, so has been fined roughly half of a game check so far. I agree with you, it is far more than a slap on the wrist.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think they said Goldson makes about 260k per game, so has been fined roughly half of a game check so far. I agree with you, it is far more than a slap on the wrist.
    It is probably getting to the point where his agent/manager is saying "Hey Dashon, you can't buy that second Bentley if you're going to keep doing this ****. Knock it off."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Goodell worked for the Jets, of course he's going to be biased.
    You are quick. No, not in the good way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is probably getting to the point where his agent/manager is saying "Hey Dashon, you can't buy that second Bentley if you're going to keep doing this ****. Knock it off."
    True. The NFL has already issued two fines of 100k this year, Suh and Goldson. They realize the only way to get through to these guys is to hit them hard financially, especially the guys that seem to be chronic offenders.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between his salary and bonus this year Goldson is making $9 million. I don't think he's too concerned about fines, either is his agent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Between his salary and bonus this year Goldson is making $9 million. I don't think he's too concerned about fines, either is his agent.
    I dunno....at the rate he's going, he's on track to pay over a million in fines this year Considering the taxes he pays, the % to his agent, manager and whoever else is on his pay roll, it starts to become a tangible percentage of his take home.

Plus, any additional questionable hits in the next 2-3 years will likely involve a suspension costing him a game check.

We are talking real money with this guy now, not pocket change. He won't be out on the street, but its real.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno....at the rate he's going, he's on track to pay over a million in fines this year Considering the taxes he pays, the % to his agent, manager and whoever else is on his pay roll, it starts to become a tangible percentage of his take home.

Plus, any additional questionable hits in the next 2-3 years will likely involve a suspension costing him a game check.

We are talking real money with this guy now, not pocket change. He won't be out on the street, but its real.
    When you consider taxes, the 100k fine is pretty substantial. I assume the fine is taken out post tax and not pre tax.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWEET!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Narrowing pigs are slaughtering ripe gaps.