Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 152

Thread: All things GTA5 thead...

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So much rage at this game sometimes.

    DOing the 'Nervous Ron' mission for about the 20th time, as much as I love these things I do recognize that I really suck a s s at them.
    i killed the sniping thing easily, the flying gave me fits...i think i had to replay like 5 times...2 of those was me destroying the plane after i landed before i bring it into the garage lol

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,858




    Knifing a ****ing shark

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    OK, so I'm up and running on the R* website. I set up my profile and linked it to my PSN account...it was super easy. Now I can see all of my stats, all of the sites I'm stalking on LifeInvader, all of the discounts I've received from said stalking and the BAWSAQ index. It's all pretty cool. I've also been messing around with the iFruit app, again pretty cool...I ordered my custom license plate through Los Santos Customs via the app and have been playing with Chop the dog. Some of the games in his app are pretty funny and they affect the in-game experience. All in all, fun to mess with.

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i killed the sniping thing easily, the flying gave me fits...i think i had to replay like 5 times...2 of those was me destroying the plane after i landed before i bring it into the garage lol
    Agreed, the sniping part was easy, but the ****ing plane controls....once I somehow made it near the top of the runway with the plane barely intact....tried to drive it down the runway, nicked a building....plane explosion.
    The ****ing game doesn't have the plane controls in the menu which is stupid as ****. After about 8 tries I finally made it, at least it doesn't make you do the whole mission over again like it used to.

  5. #65
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Agreed, the sniping part was easy, but the ****ing plane controls....once I somehow made it near the top of the runway with the plane barely intact....tried to drive it down the runway, nicked a building....plane explosion.
    The ****ing game doesn't have the plane controls in the menu which is stupid as ****. After about 8 tries I finally made it, at least it doesn't make you do the whole mission over again like it used to.
    On the ground L1 to turn left L2 to turn right.

    Here is a link to download the manual. http://www.rockstargames.com/V/asset...-TheManual.msi

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    On the ground L1 to turn left L2 to turn right.

    Here is a link to download the manual. http://www.rockstargames.com/V/asset...-TheManual.msi
    The manual is also available as an app for perusing on the crapper.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    Played a TON tonight! FYI - If you create a R* Social Club account, you get a free SMG automatic weapon and by doing so and stalking various businesses on Life Invade you get in-game discounts, a lot of which I've already used (a free Spunk soda, medical expenses, free haircut, etc.). This game is sick.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    Another way to make quick money is to jack a taxi and then contact dispatch to take fares. They take you all over the map but you get to see cool places you might not have traveled to yet and the fare usually yields like $200-$300 plus tip if you don't go nuts driving.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320
    FYI, I believe there is a new invcinibility cheat, but it only lasts for 5 minutes, then you need to re-enter it.

    http://gtavox.com/cheats/

  11. #71
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    FYI, I believe there is a new invcinibility cheat, but it only lasts for 5 minutes, then you need to re-enter it.

    http://gtavox.com/cheats/
    I don't need invincibility. I stole a helicopter from the Military base earlier, not a scratch.. But thanks for the update.

    BTW Did anyone see Trevor's cameo role in the new Person of Interest Episode?? It was short and sweet but you can tell by his voice and face that its Trevor.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqkapKeJ34g

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    FYI, I believe there is a new invcinibility cheat, but it only lasts for 5 minutes, then you need to re-enter it.

    http://gtavox.com/cheats/
    Yep

    It kinda sucks that it only lasts 5 mins, but it isn't too much of a pain. Especially since you can enter it from the pause menu if you want.

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    This game is so much fun. I'm just taking my sweet ass time with my missions, robbing armored cars, stunt jumping and the what have you. There's just so much to do and see there's no reason to rush it.

  14. #74
    anyone get online? impressions? after getting out of the gate fast ive been swamped with work and life...only getting to about an hour or so a day on average...and nothing the last few days.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    anyone get online? impressions? after getting out of the gate fast ive been swamped with work and life...only getting to about an hour or so a day on average...and nothing the last few days.
    I've been getting destroyed at work this week, 12-14 hour days. Come home, help kids with homework, sleep. Rinse & repeat. *sigh*

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320
    So GTAline launched yesterday, anyone have any luck getting on?
    I've been hearing stories of people waiting forever to get online - then again there were reports that 15 million people tried to access GTA since yesterday -


    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...h-updates.html

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I've been getting destroyed at work this week, 12-14 hour days. Come home, help kids with homework, sleep. Rinse & repeat. *sigh*
    I was starting to wonder why I've been the only one posting here and then I remembered...no wife, no kids haha!

    I just accessed the Trevor character today and he is a hoot...absolute lunactic, methhead redneck. It's pretty damn fun sending him out on murderous rampages haha!

  18. #78
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    anyone get online? impressions? after getting out of the gate fast ive been swamped with work and life...only getting to about an hour or so a day on average...and nothing the last few days.

    More like GTA offline.

    I have tried a few times to get online but It has not worked. Last night I managed it, but the mission took 20 minutes to load. During this time I went to make a coffee and when i returned it had loaded and failed the mission. Rage Quit.

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,320
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    More like GTA offline.

    I have tried a few times to get online but It has not worked. Last night I managed it, but the mission took 20 minutes to load. During this time I went to make a coffee and when i returned it had loaded and failed the mission. Rage Quit.
    I would expect that it remains this way until next weekend at least; I don't think they were expecting this kind of volume.
    I think they initially thought they might reach a billion dollars in sales by Christmas; not in the first few days! So they have some volume issues to contend with - not an easy fix.

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I would expect that it remains this way until next weekend at least; I don't think they were expecting this kind of volume.
    I think they initially thought they might reach a billion dollars in sales by Christmas; not in the first few days! So they have some volume issues to contend with - not an easy fix.
    It's called performance/load testing R*, look into it! Seriously though, I haven't even bothered to check it out figuring that there would be all kinds of hiccups and latency due to sheer volume of folks trying it out. I'll check it out after I complete the story mode cuz that's been plenty of fun as it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us