Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 152

Thread: All things GTA5 thead...

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    Just so you know, you need to go online and do the first race, then the single mission for Lemar before you can do the full online part.

    My tip for the first race which is against other online players, Don't try to be Mario Andretti just take it easy and slow down for the tight corners. All the other noobs high on adrenaline will be smashing into lamp posts and careening off the track into the river.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Accepted your request.

    Cool, thanks for the info...that was gonna be my next question.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Will do.

    I would love to but NFL > GTA.

    I wanted to blow off the NFL for GTA but the Denver Dallas game was must-see stuff.

    Lately I've been just doing some races to get some cash, even if you don't win them you still get cash from each one. Also I've read you have to deposit your $ in game otherwise other players can kill you and steal it.

  2. #102
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I wanted to blow off the NFL for GTA but the Denver Dallas game was must-see stuff.
    Can't do it, I'm too much of an NFL junkie.

    So how do I get into the online game, download it from PSN store or go through the pause menu on the game itself?

  3. #103
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Can't do it, I'm too much of an NFL junkie.

    So how do I get into the online game, download it from PSN store or go through the pause menu on the game itself?
    All the best games come out during football season.

    Nope, right from the in-game menu.
    Once you create your character and stuff, you can toggle back and forth from your online to offline characters just like you normally do, by pressing down on the D-pad.

    From what Ive seen so far, they have really stepped it up a notch with the online component, can barely tell the difference between online mode & off.

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,520
    I just finished the big heist I took the drilling route. When I switched to mike he kept *****ing about how he got no gold while Trevor was in chopper. The total take was 200 million did I get ripped off? Was Michael supposed to get gold too did I pick the wrong plan? Did I leave 200 million on,the table or what?

  5. #105
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I just finished the big heist I took the drilling route. When I switched to mike he kept *****ing about how he got no gold while Trevor was in chopper. The total take was 200 million did I get ripped off? Was Michael supposed to get gold too did I pick the wrong plan? Did I leave 200 million on,the table or what?
    Maybe the pay off percentage for the others left you very little money. I went all out on the first heist with all the best people and Michael *****ed and moaned at that.

    I have not been online alot yet as I have been working, but I'm trying to find a little time this weekend.

  6. #106
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,535
    Do you guys find yourself playing the 3 characters according to their personalities? When I use Lester, I play the game like a friggin maniac! I whittled down a bunch of money by going nuts versus the cops, dying and losing $5K every time I come out of the hospital.

  7. #107
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Do you guys find yourself playing the 3 characters according to their personalities? When I use Lester, I play the game like a friggin maniac! I whittled down a bunch of money by going nuts versus the cops, dying and losing $5K every time I come out of the hospital.
    I wish I could say that. Every time I leave the hospital and steal a car, any time there is a group of 3 pedestirans or more I need to mow them down.
    I may need counseling.

    Also in other news, Rockstar is giving each playing $500,000 if you played online anytime in the month of Oct - finally can buy some real weapons -

    FYI - not real money

    http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-to-say-sorry/

  8. #108
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seymour TN
    Posts
    170
    How many of these are they going to make huh? About 1,000?!

  9. #109
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    How many of these are they going to make huh? About 1,000?!


    Five, apparently. If you could spend 250 million knowing that you could make 1 billion in a week, wouldn't you?

  10. #110
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,535
    Not to give anything away, but to make some money in the stock market, prior to starting the Redwood cigarette mission, sink as much money as possible in the Debonaire cigarette company with all THREE players.

  11. #111
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Not to give anything away, but to make some money in the stock market, prior to starting the Redwood cigarette mission, sink as much money as possible in the Debonaire cigarette company with all THREE players.
    So how soon after the mission do you actually sell your stock?

  12. #112
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So how soon after the mission do you actually sell your stock?
    As a rule of thumb, I generally go home and save the game twice then sell. The stock still rises after this but, when It goes back down, it crashes fast and you can lose alot.

    This technique should double your money without the risk of losing 4/5 of it when it crashes.

  13. #113
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    472
    Just a warning if you go online a try to kill as many people as possible. My friend was banned from the normal servers and relegated to a bad boy server and had a piece of attire added to his avatar. He must stay on these severs for 48hours.

    1378328_10151889852206480_641435467_n.jpg

    No joke.

  14. #114
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,826
    Just got this game, good god 4 AM came quick. Any of you playing online?

  15. #115
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So how soon after the mission do you actually sell your stock?
    I just made $100K by sitting back, driving around and keeping an eye on my stock until it peaked around $500/share (bought it at $200/share). Check here for some quality tips:

    http://m.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Stock_Market

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    Just a warning if you go online a try to kill as many people as possible. My friend was banned from the normal servers and relegated to a bad boy server and had a piece of attire added to his avatar. He must stay on these severs for 48hours.

    1378328_10151889852206480_641435467_n.jpg

    No joke.
    This is awesome.

    I am nervous to really get into the online game. The single player took over my life, as I expected it would, until I beat it last week. If they ever let you fly to Vice City, I will become a hermit.

  17. #117
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,520
    guys im pretty much finishe the fn game. Hot over a 100 million each character. do not do the last construction assasination mission until u pull off the heist. Then buy all of the stock in the real estate company of the guy your kiiling. After you kill him go to bed three times to double your 39 million.

    side note best spot to bang and dispose of hookers is right near the beach parking lot. The street up from it unerneath the overpasses whores galore. Cracktown dirty hookers can be found in front of booze store in franklins hood and near club. They talk filthy. Once you buy a hanger as franklin n you can steal any plane at airport you want. phone typing im not correcting anything sry
    Last edited by thebigragu; 10-14-2013 at 11:10 PM.

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,520
    also im finding it real hard walking around the city and not being able to punch some jagoff in the back of the head full sprint. Also kick a car wait for guy to get out jump in his car and take off. Played way to much. Thought i could steal the SI ferry the other day no sweat

  19. #119
    Are the $75 and $100 options with the hookers the same or is it me? I tried getting a refund but no dice.

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,598
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    As a rule of thumb, I generally go home and save the game twice then sell. The stock still rises after this but, when It goes back down, it crashes fast and you can lose alot.

    This technique should double your money without the risk of losing 4/5 of it when it crashes.
    Thanks - from what I read you should do all of the assassination missions last in order to maximize profit.
    Right now Franklin and Trevor are running out of money due to hospital visits - I basically have to keep plugging away at single player until I can get more heist money.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    Just a warning if you go online a try to kill as many people as possible. My friend was banned from the normal servers and relegated to a bad boy server and had a piece of attire added to his avatar. He must stay on these severs for 48hours.

    1378328_10151889852206480_641435467_n.jpg

    No joke.

    I heard the same thing - the 'bad sport' server. One of the criticisms of this is if you blow up any cars, you get sent to that server - which is stupid. Why include any explosives into the online game at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Just got this game, good god 4 AM came quick. Any of you playing online?
    I've been dabbling, but I want to try to finish the main storyline first. Ricard setup a 'JINS' crew for us JI guys on the PS3; I would imagine its different crews for different systems.

    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I just made $100K by sitting back, driving around and keeping an eye on my stock until it peaked around $500/share (bought it at $200/share). Check here for some quality tips:

    http://m.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Stock_Market
    Thankee!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    This is awesome.

    I am nervous to really get into the online game. The single player took over my life, as I expected it would, until I beat it last week. If they ever let you fly to Vice City, I will become a hermit.
    My wife thinks I'm watching cop shows downstairs because of all of the police sirens.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    guys im pretty much finishe the fn game. Hot over a 100 million each character. do not do the last construction assasination mission until u pull off the heist. Then buy all of the stock in the real estate company of the guy your kiiling. After you kill him go to bed three times to double your 39 million.

    side note best spot to bang and dispose of hookers is right near the beach parking lot. The street up from it unerneath the overpasses whores galore. Cracktown dirty hookers can be found in front of booze store in franklins hood and near club. They talk filthy. Once you buy a hanger as franklin n you can steal any plane at airport you want. phone typing im not correcting anything sry


    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    Are the $75 and $100 options with the hookers the same or is it me? I tried getting a refund but no dice.
    Refund = kill them afterwards

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us