Thread: Julio jones for jimmy graham?

Julio jones for jimmy graham?

What do you think? I have graham and julius Thomas with Cruz currently as my WR1... I have pretty good WR depth so not sure if I should pull the trigger

Who is your other WR? Do you start 2 TEs?
    I have Graham and Cruz on my team as well. My other WR is Jordy Nelson. So far, so good.
    If you think Thomas is for real and the other "mouths to feed" (D.Thomas, Welker & Decker) won't eat into his production, then you might consider making the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Who is your other WR? Do you start 2 TEs?
    I have Graham and Cruz on my team as well. My other WR is Jordy Nelson. So far, so good.
    If you think Thomas is for real and the other "mouths to feed" (D.Thomas, Welker & Decker) won't eat into his production, then you might consider making the deal.
    My other WR are colston, garcon, decker, and edelman. I'm actually flexing Thomas this week because I like the matchup at OAK. I'm thinking I should sit tight for now since being able to play the match ups probably gives me the best advantage

That's a tough one. It's hard to turn down Julio Jones, but I personally wouldn't make that trade. I believe Thomas' production will begin to decline and you could potentially leave yourself vulnerable at TE. As I believe it was mentioned in another thread (and not that you haven't explored this), I would to look to sell high on Thomas and shop around. See what you can get for him straight up and possibly even package him with a WR, since you said you have good depth, and parlay that into a nice RB or WR.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    My other WR are colston, garcon, decker, and edelman. I'm actually flexing Thomas this week because I like the matchup at OAK. I'm thinking I should sit tight for now since being able to play the match ups probably gives me the best advantage
    I think Jones is more then fair value for Graham but... you seem pretty well set at WR. Garcon is a WR1a and between him and Cruz and Colston thats a pretty nice 123 punch. Still its hard to turn down Julio Jones. Tough call.

Interesting. Are you in a PPR league? If so, you are definitely set at WR.
    I'd keep Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Interesting. Are you in a PPR league? If so, you are definitely set at WR.
    I'd keep Graham.
    No ppr, 10 team standard scoring. I think I'm keeping graham... I have thomas as a backup TE/flex option and I feel pretty good about it. I do also have an offer on the table for MJD for Cruz but I'm not going for that either. It really seems like WR's are the way to go for flex this year. The passing game seems to be robbing the value for RB2 with the huge numbers WR and even TE's are putting up and having depth at that spot lets you pick the best matchups for your guys and max the value of WR2/3. I didn't even draft a WR until round 4 this year, there's so much depth it's crazy. I think I'm going to snag Gordon or Blackmon this week on waivers and keep stashing

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What do you think? I have graham and julius Thomas with Cruz currently as my WR1... I have pretty good WR depth so not sure if I should pull the trigger
    I had a similar situation. I drafted Graham in the 3rd round in a one TE league. I desperately needed help at WR but picked up Julius Thomas off the waiver wire because he was the best player available (best WR at the time on waivers was Edelman). I immediately put Thomas and Graham on the trading block.

Ended up trading Graham for Randall Cobb. So instead of a Graham/Edelman combo I ended up with Cobb/Thomas. I believe it was the right long term move for my team.

No ppr, 10 team standard scoring. I think I'm keeping graham... I have thomas as a backup TE/flex option and I feel pretty good about it. I do also have an offer on the table for MJD for Cruz but I'm not going for that either. It really seems like WR's are the way to go for flex this year. The passing game seems to be robbing the value for RB2 with the huge numbers WR and even TE's are putting up and having depth at that spot lets you pick the best matchups for your guys and max the value of WR2/3. I didn't even draft a WR until round 4 this year, there's so much depth it's crazy. I think I'm going to snag Gordon or Blackmon this week on waivers and keep stashing
    I'm noticing a definite shift this year away from the traditional 2RB productivity to maybe a few "bell cows" (Peterson, McCoy, Lynch, etc) and the rest are hit or miss. I usually always start 3 RBs but this will be the first week with 2 RBs (McCoy and Murray), 3 WRs (Cruz, Nelson, Hopkins) and a TE (Graham). I have Morgan (Cle), but their QB situation this week (Hoyer) scares me.

All League
    As much as I love Julio Jones, I wouldn't do it. You've got good depth at WR and Jimmy Graham is the best TE in football (IMO). He can be counted on for double digits every week. Can't say that for any TE in the NFL right now (except Gronk, but he's not playing yet).

You could instead flip Thomas for a nice RB or WR. Or just stay pat and keep the depth at TE (you never know when an injury can happen).

If I were you, I'd keep Graham and Thomas. Just my opinion though. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    As much as I love Julio Jones, I wouldn't do it. You've got good depth at WR and Jimmy Graham is the best TE in football (IMO). He can be counted on for double digits every week. Can't say that for any TE in the NFL right now (except Gronk, but he's not playing yet).

You could instead flip Thomas for a nice RB or WR. Or just stay pat and keep the depth at TE (you never know when an injury can happen).

If I were you, I'd keep Graham and Thomas. Just my opinion though. Good luck!
    This right here probably is your best option. There's probably no reason to hurt depth at one position, to gain depth at a position where you already have depth. The risk outweighs the reward in this particular situation, IMO. Good luck, you have a damn good team.

Jones is a stud Id take it 2nd best FF option. TEs are pretty easy to find I dont get the hype on Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Jones is a stud Id take it 2nd best FF option. TEs are pretty easy to find I dont get the hype on Graham.
    Graham is probably good for 180 points this season, that's probably a conservitave +40 over a good replacement TE... Now the question is jones +40 over my WR2? I don't see it really