Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets news and practice notes for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I'm curious to know if Walls is practicing with the starting D. If Rex benches Milliner for an UDFA and they still haven't named Geno the starter I could see him riding the bench if he doesn't have a good game after having 10 days to prepare. Benching a No1 pick for an UDFA is worse than benching a No2. We might see Simms soon if Geno doesn't step up.
    Wow way to extrapolate a completely unrelated conclusion from the POSSIBLE benching of a CB. The two have nothing to do with each other, FO doesn't give a sh!t about benching a player for another player based on draft stock.

....not to mention the fact that it is completely, absolutely delusional to think Geno sits after ONE not so great game after playing a total of two in his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Can they score?
    Probably, yes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No excuse for this team not finding a real kick returner over the last few years.
    I thought the same thing when I watched Holliday for the Broncos on Sunday. He's a threat every time he touches the ball. That puts a ton of pressure on the other team. We need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Wow way to extrapolate a completely unrelated conclusion from the POSSIBLE benching of a CB. The two have nothing to do with each other, FO doesn't give a sh!t about benching a player for another player based on draft stock.

....not to mention the fact that it is completely, absolutely delusional to think Geno sits after ONE not so great game after playing a total of two in his career.
    They aren't unrelated. Rex kept trotting Sanchez out there long after his crappy performances warranted a benching. If he is willing to bench Milliner after 2 games it shows a change in the organizations approach. I'm not advocating benching Geno, I'm just saying his leash might be shorter than many people think.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm curious to know if Walls is practicing with the starting D. If Rex benches Milliner for an UDFA and they still haven't named Geno the starter I could see him riding the bench if he doesn't have a good game after having 10 days to prepare. Benching a No1 pick for an UDFA is worse than benching a No2. We might see Simms soon if Geno doesn't step up.
    wishful thinking! Its easy to dump on Geno. get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No excuse for this team not finding a real kick returner over the last few years. (The Jets should try and get Chris Williams from the CFL.)
    Well let's hold on there, we've had a kick returner who has been at least in the discussion, or has gone to the probowl for it, for probably the last 5 years at least. Miller (CB from clemson) was best in the league, we had Leon Washington who went to the probowl for KR, and McKnight who was one of the best in the league.

I definitely agree that we need to find a KR THIS year, but I feel like we've always had one of the better return men over the past few years.

They aren't unrelated. Rex kept trotting Sanchez out there long after his crappy performances warranted a benching. If he is willing to bench Milliner after 2 games it shows a change in the organizations approach. I'm not advocating benching Geno, I'm just saying his leash might be shorter than many people think.
    So if anything that shows Rex's tendency to stick with players beyond one bad performance. If he is willing to bench milliner (big IF btw), that only shows that he's willing to let Milliner develop more slowly because he has the DEPTH and talent at the position to warrant a decision like that.

Simms has never been in the starting QB competition, ever. ALL preseason the team conceded that Simms was fighting for the 3rd QB spot and was not competing to start. One good preseason game against ZERO starters, plus a(nother) fabricated article about a mystery person in the FO pulling for Simms, and Jets fans are again fueled into a frenzy to pull their starting QB.

Maybe you don't actually want Geno to sit, but for the people who do....it's a disgrace to our franchise to have our fans flip flopping in our support of the starting QB every week after a bad performance....I mean jesus, EVERY rookie QB (literally EVERY SINGLE ONE) throws interceptions. They have bad games, it's childish and laughable to want to pull him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    wishful thinking! Its easy to dump on Geno. get over it!
    Where do you get I am dumping on Geno from what I posted?

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    ESPN the Mag just sent a release that the Jets rank 121st out of 122 pro teams in their "franchise" issue which measures fan friendliness.

Sacramento Kings are the only team to finish below the Jets in ESPN's rankings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Agree on needing Kerley. We need a slot wr with good hands and his return skills. Wilson is awful.
    While he probably has enough speed, Wilson's instincts have been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    So if anything that shows Rex's tendency to stick with players beyond one bad performance. If he is willing to bench milliner (big IF btw), that only shows that he's willing to let Milliner develop more slowly because he has the DEPTH and talent at the position to warrant a decision like that.

Simms has never been in the starting QB competition, ever. ALL preseason the team conceded that Simms was fighting for the 3rd QB spot and was not competing to start. One good preseason game against ZERO starters, plus a(nother) fabricated article about a mystery person in the FO pulling for Simms, and Jets fans are again fueled into a frenzy to pull their starting QB.

Maybe you don't actually want Geno to sit, but for the people who do....it's a disgrace to our franchise to have our fans flip flopping in our support of the starting QB every week after a bad performance....I mean jesus, EVERY rookie QB (literally EVERY SINGLE ONE) throws interceptions. They have bad games, it's childish and laughable to want to pull him for it.
    Preseason I agree Simms wasn't in the running to start. After Marks injury and Simms performance in the last preseason game if Geno continues to struggle I wouldn't be shocked to see Simms get the nod. Why haven't we just come out and say Geno is the starter? Is Brady Quinn a viable option? If Simms or Quinn start getting reps with the 1's in practice I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a seat. Aikmen got benched FFS. Why is the QB position any different?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    ESPN the Mag just sent a release that the Jets rank 121st out of 122 pro teams in their "franchise" issue which measures fan friendliness.

Sacramento Kings are the only team to finish below the Jets in ESPN's rankings.
    WTF is Fan Friendliness, how does it have anything to do with the franchise, and how is it measured?

Jesus tap dancing christ, ESPN and Twitter are the worst inventions in the past 25 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Manuel said he met with the Jets "quite a bit" leading up to the draft.

EJ Manuel said he visited the Jets and drew a lot of interest before the Draft

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    WTF is Fan Friendliness, how does it have anything to do with the franchise, and how is it measured?

Jesus tap dancing christ, ESPN and Twitter are the worst inventions in the past 25 years.
    Those ESPN rankings are based on a whole bunch of factors including ticket prices, ownership, title chances, stadium experience.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    While he probably has enough speed, Wilson's instincts have been awful.
    His biggest Problem is that he is scared! You can't Play Football being scared and Wilson right now fears to make a mistake...

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett
    Injury Report: Kerley cleared, Powell did not practice http://bit.ly/14jrNP0

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Powell (illness) did not practice today. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Powell did not practice, illness. Coples, Richardson limited. Kerley cleared to play. #Jets

Rex said if Coples plays, he could be limited. #nyj

Rex says "Dee will be in there" on Milliner. Won't say he'll definitely start, though.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 09-18-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Rex just called Clemson "Tailgate U."

Sorry. That one is amusing to me for personal reasons...LOL

Good news on Kerley.

I believe Goodson is a PR/KR as well so that is another addition when he's back from suspension.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good news on Kerley.

I believe Goodson is a PR/KR as well so that is another addition when he's back from suspension.
    Yes he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett
    Injury Report: Kerley cleared, Powell did not practice http://bit.ly/14jrNP0

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Powell (illness) did not practice today. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Powell did not practice, illness. Coples, Richardson limited. Kerley cleared to play. #Jets

Rex said if Coples plays, he could be limited. #nyj

Rex says "Dee will be in there" on Milliner. Won't say he'll definitely start, though.
    How long before Richardson is back 100% with the JETS.