Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Jets news and practice notes for Wednesday.

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    So if anything that shows Rex's tendency to stick with players beyond one bad performance. If he is willing to bench milliner (big IF btw), that only shows that he's willing to let Milliner develop more slowly because he has the DEPTH and talent at the position to warrant a decision like that.

    Simms has never been in the starting QB competition, ever. ALL preseason the team conceded that Simms was fighting for the 3rd QB spot and was not competing to start. One good preseason game against ZERO starters, plus a(nother) fabricated article about a mystery person in the FO pulling for Simms, and Jets fans are again fueled into a frenzy to pull their starting QB.

    Maybe you don't actually want Geno to sit, but for the people who do....it's a disgrace to our franchise to have our fans flip flopping in our support of the starting QB every week after a bad performance....I mean jesus, EVERY rookie QB (literally EVERY SINGLE ONE) throws interceptions. They have bad games, it's childish and laughable to want to pull him for it.
    But Geno has had 3 bad showings against starters, and no good showings against backups. If he continues to play poorly there is nothing wrong with giving Matt simms a shot.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    But Geno has had 3 bad showings against starters, and no good showings against backups. If he continues to play poorly there is nothing wrong with giving Matt simms a shot.
    For the love of God, Geno did not have 3 bad showings. What games were you watching?

    He played unevenly against the Giants in his FIRST EXTENDED action in preseason while still be hampered by ankle injury.

    He played pretty well against the Bucs and made two big plays to put the team in position to get the win.

    He played decently for 3 quarters and began to force things and the 4th quarter and made 3 ill advised throws.

    Now I ask you HOW IS THAT 3 BAD SHOWINGS??????

    God I hope they do put Simms people like you deserve what you get. And as soon as he struggles because he WILL, (he is practically a rookie himself) we can then bench him for Quinn who can then bench for Sanchez.

    Did you watch Eli Manning his first season with the Giants? The guy was HORRIBLE!!! Last Year Andrew Luck the consensus best QB in the last 10 years had 3 or more games with 3 INTs. Oh my God, why didn't they bench his sorry ass???!!!!!!!

    YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS, WHAT YOU DIDN'T GET IT? OKAY ONE MORE TIME; YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS!


    Smith is a little raw but has all the skills to be a top flight QB. All he needs are reps and for his team mates to help him out by catching the freaking ball when he puts it right in their bread basket.

    I hope you guys get your wish and they bench Smith, maybe even trade or cut him. He deserves a fan base better than this. Let the Matt Simms ERA Begin!!!!

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Well let's hold on there, we've had a kick returner who has been at least in the discussion, or has gone to the probowl for it, for probably the last 5 years at least. Miller (CB from clemson) was best in the league, we had Leon Washington who went to the probowl for KR, and McKnight who was one of the best in the league.

    I definitely agree that we need to find a KR THIS year, but I feel like we've always had one of the better return men over the past few years.
    I should have been more specific. How about punt returner? The guys you list were almost exclusively kick off guys and the dumb NFL move to change the kick off location means 80% of kick offs are now touch backs.

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...I still prefer nobody.
    We lost an average of 3.5 yards when compared to a Wilson return, so Wilson is 3.5 yards better than grass, with no fear of fumble. Add to that that we should have had that punt blocked, or at least gotten a holding call then the answer is clear. Grass>Wilson

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Well let's hold on there, we've had a kick returner who has been at least in the discussion, or has gone to the probowl for it, for probably the last 5 years at least. Miller (CB from clemson) was best in the league, we had Leon Washington who went to the probowl for KR, and McKnight who was one of the best in the league.

    I definitely agree that we need to find a KR THIS year, but I feel like we've always had one of the better return men over the past few years.
    I think he meant punt returner. We haven't had a punt returner since Leon.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good news on Kerley.

    I believe Goodson is a PR/KR as well so that is another addition when he's back from suspension.
    Sorry again. Kick returner. He doesn't do punts. We have plenty of those.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    For the love of God, Geno did not have 3 bad showings. What games were you watching?

    He played unevenly against the Giants in his FIRST EXTENDED action in preseason while still be hampered by ankle injury.

    He played pretty well against the Bucs and made two big plays to put the team in position to get the win.

    He played decently for 3 quarters and began to force things and the 4th quarter and made 3 ill advised throws.

    Now I ask you HOW IS THAT 3 BAD SHOWINGS??????

    God I hope they do put Simms people like you deserve what you get. And as soon as he struggles because he WILL, (he is practically a rookie himself) we can then bench him for Quinn who can then bench for Sanchez.

    Did you watch Eli Manning his first season with the Giants? The guy was HORRIBLE!!! Last Year Andrew Luck the consensus best QB in the last 10 years had 3 or more games with 3 INTs. Oh my God, why didn't they bench his sorry ass???!!!!!!!

    YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS, WHAT YOU DIDN'T GET IT? OKAY ONE MORE TIME; YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS!


    Smith is a little raw but has all the skills to be a top flight QB. All he needs are reps and for his team mates to help him out by catching the freaking ball when he puts it right in their bread basket.

    I hope you guys get your wish and they bench Smith, maybe even trade or cut him. He deserves a fan base better than this. Let the Matt Simms ERA Begin!!!!
    Eli in his first season? Hell, how about this season? How about Brady this season so far?

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Eli in his first season? Hell, how about this season? How about Brady this season so far?
    Eli had 4 INTs in his last game.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    ESPN the Mag just sent a release that the Jets rank 121st out of 122 pro teams in their "franchise" issue which measures fan friendliness.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sacramento Kings are the only team to finish below the Jets in ESPN's rankings.
    So the sheets are now the least "fan friendly" organization in sports. It never ends! LOL

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think he meant punt returner. We haven't had a punt returner since Leon.
    Jim Leonhard and Cotchery weren't that bad and Kerley is good.. Leon was better on KO returns but then so was McKnight.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    For the love of God, Geno did not have 3 bad showings. What games were you watching?

    He played unevenly against the Giants in his FIRST EXTENDED action in preseason while still be hampered by ankle injury.

    He played pretty well against the Bucs and made two big plays to put the team in position to get the win.

    He played decently for 3 quarters and began to force things and the 4th quarter and made 3 ill advised throws.

    Now I ask you HOW IS THAT 3 BAD SHOWINGS??????

    God I hope they do put Simms people like you deserve what you get. And as soon as he struggles because he WILL, (he is practically a rookie himself) we can then bench him for Quinn who can then bench for Sanchez.

    Did you watch Eli Manning his first season with the Giants? The guy was HORRIBLE!!! Last Year Andrew Luck the consensus best QB in the last 10 years had 3 or more games with 3 INTs. Oh my God, why didn't they bench his sorry ass???!!!!!!!

    YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS, WHAT YOU DIDN'T GET IT? OKAY ONE MORE TIME; YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS!


    Smith is a little raw but has all the skills to be a top flight QB. All he needs are reps and for his team mates to help him out by catching the freaking ball when he puts it right in their bread basket.

    I hope you guys get your wish and they bench Smith, maybe even trade or cut him. He deserves a fan base better than this. Let the Matt Simms ERA Begin!!!!
    Lol its the SOJF cycle of "woe is me, I'm a Jet fan". call for Rookie or backup QB to start, he doesn't play like Dan Marino right out of the gate and throws a couple of picks(because you know, rookies throw picks), SOJF then says "I've waited 44 miserable years for a SB, we need to win now! (Insert 3rd string QB name) is the guy, he needs to start. SOJF then runs said QB out of town, and the 3rd string QB ****s the bed.

    Rinse and repeat.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    But Geno has had 3 bad showings against starters, and no good showings against backups. If he continues to play poorly there is nothing wrong with giving Matt simms a shot.
    You are the fan that people call a short sighted JETS fan. We have seen enough from Geno to say he HAS IT. It need be developed.

    DEVELOPED....something good teams do with players.

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    And then if Simms has the bad showings you then go back to Geno after you kill his confidence by benching him? There is a reason why coaches don't ask fans for advice. We are 1-1 with a rookie and you are already looking to bench him? There Matt come a time to bench him but it won't be after week 3.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Lol its the SOJF cycle of "woe is me, I'm a Jet fan". call for Rookie or backup QB to start, he doesn't play like Dan Marino right out of the gate and throws a couple of picks(because you know, rookies throw picks), SOJF then says "I've waited 44 miserable years for a SB, we need to win now! (Insert 3rd string QB name) is the guy, he needs to start. SOJF then runs said QB out of town, and the 3rd string QB ****s the bed.

    Rinse and repeat.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Nailed it.

    #yoloswag

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Jim Leonhard and Cotchery weren't that bad and Kerley is good.. Leon was better on KO returns but then so was McKnight.
    I liked Brad Smith the best.

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Jim Leonhard and Cotchery weren't that bad and Kerley is good.. Leon was better on KO returns but then so was McKnight.
    I think Leonhard must have led the league in fair catches.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have an update on Sheldon Richardson?

    Does he have a high-ankle sprain?

    Any idea how long he will be out?

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Anybody have an update on Sheldon Richardson?

    Does he have a high-ankle sprain?

    Any idea how long he will be out?
    He's fine. Been practicing. He had a stinger today, but he said he was fine.

    #yoloswag

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You are the fan that people call a short sighted JETS fan. We have seen enough from Geno to say he HAS IT. It need be developed.

    DEVELOPED....something good teams do with players.

    Please stop speaking for everyone.....we have our own opinions, and will state them here........don't need you to do that for us

  20. #60
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No excuse for this team not finding a real kick returner over the last few years. (The Jets should try and get Chris Williams from the CFL.)
    I say we use nobody both as returner and in the slot, nobody is our best receiver and a threat as a returner.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us