Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets news and practice notes for Wednesday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    For the love of God, Geno did not have 3 bad showings. What games were you watching?

He played unevenly against the Giants in his FIRST EXTENDED action in preseason while still be hampered by ankle injury.

He played pretty well against the Bucs and made two big plays to put the team in position to get the win.

He played decently for 3 quarters and began to force things and the 4th quarter and made 3 ill advised throws.

Now I ask you HOW IS THAT 3 BAD SHOWINGS??????

God I hope they do put Simms people like you deserve what you get. And as soon as he struggles because he WILL, (he is practically a rookie himself) we can then bench him for Quinn who can then bench for Sanchez.

Did you watch Eli Manning his first season with the Giants? The guy was HORRIBLE!!! Last Year Andrew Luck the consensus best QB in the last 10 years had 3 or more games with 3 INTs. Oh my God, why didn't they bench his sorry ass???!!!!!!!

YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS, WHAT YOU DIDN'T GET IT? OKAY ONE MORE TIME; YOU NEED PATIENCE WITH ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS!

Smith is a little raw but has all the skills to be a top flight QB. All he needs are reps and for his team mates to help him out by catching the freaking ball when he puts it right in their bread basket.

I hope you guys get your wish and they bench Smith, maybe even trade or cut him. He deserves a fan base better than this. Let the Matt Simms ERA Begin!!!!
    The Jets fans best in the business!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Anybody have an update on Sheldon Richardson?

Does he have a high-ankle sprain?

Any idea how long he will be out?
    Are you referencing his end of game injury from the Pats? I got the impression that while Mo's injury was legit, ShelRich's was less so. Either a minor cramp or an instant reaction to go down to stop the clock (even though it wouldn't help). Unfortunately, its part of the game now.

What I don't understand is why players don't immediately fall down when the coach needs time to review a challenge? There were a couple plays like that this past week. There should be a designated guy to take the flop. Unsportsmanlike, sure, but its pretty important to get that challenge right.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's fine. Been practicing. He had a stinger today, but he said he was fine.

#yoloswag
    Thanks for the update.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Are you referencing his end of game injury from the Pats? I got the impression that while Mo's injury was legit, ShelRich's was less so.
    Yes I was crash, McGinley said he's fine and has been practicing as has Wilkerson, so, we should be at full strength defensively for the Jills.......