Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irsay tweets that "monster trade" is coming (TRich Trade Thread)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I initially thought that the Browns committed highway robbery with this deal. But also they have just said to their fanbase, "We're totally giving up this season" after two games. Expect some Cleveland games to be blacked out this year.
    Yeah, it's tough for the fans. Always sucks when the best offensive player you have is traded away, but it is better for their future. I'm not 100% sure if it was Lombardi, but on a podcast a year or so ago, I think Lombardi said something to the effect that you really can't win without a franchise QB, so I'm guessing they are going all in the Bridgewater at this point. Short term, definitely hurts them. But if things work out, and they get the QB next year, I think the blackouts will be worth it. The only problem being that, the team at No. 1 may just as well be in the same boat, and won't move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So basically they traded trich for the #1 pick next year and then w the pick they got from indy, they take a rb to replace trich. *Brilliant.
    And become a bigger laughingstock than the Jets in the process. And have some games blacked out.

And the thing is also they were 0-2 already. They were already in running for the worst record in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't really follow any other teams, so what's the deal on Richardson? Dude just got drafted 5 minutes ago and was said to have had a good rookie campaign.

#yoloswag
    From what I am hearing, the Browns new regime were not sold on either of those picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    December 1st at 1:00

Jacksonville at Cleveland: The Bridgewater Bowl
    LOL. That game might end up in a tie.

I don't really follow any other teams, so what's the deal on Richardson? Dude just got drafted 5 minutes ago and was said to have had a good rookie campaign.

#yoloswag
    He is a good back. I am surprised Lombardi traded him b.c he loved him during the draft. With 2 1st round picks and 2 3rd round picks he is going to try to move up for a QB in 2014. Heck, they might be bad enough to land a QB and Clowney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I heard someone mention that.

> tank for 1st overall
    > take Bridgewater/Clowney
    > trade up to 2nd overall using the two 1sts they have already
    > take Clowney

That would be a super way to troll the Jags, lol.

#yoloswag

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually like this deal for the Browns. Richardson has been chronically gimpy for the Browns and while good he's hardly been elite. Anytime you can snag a first round pick for an injury prone non-elite back you just say yes please (and thank you).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

> tank for 1st overall
    > take Clowney

#yoloswag
    This is what I wanted the Jets to do if they got a 2014 1st rounder for Revis and didn't draft Geno.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    I actually like this deal for the Browns. Richardson has been chronically gimpy for the Browns and while good he's hardly been elite. Anytime you can snag a first round pick for an injury prone non-elite back you just say yes please (and thank you).
    He had a better rookie season than Jim Brown. Doesn't make him elite but still consider.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

> tank for 1st overall
    > take Clowney

#yoloswag
    Well, if they tank for No. 1, not sure they have enough ammo left to deal for no. 2 there. Assuming say the colts pick is somewhere in the 15-20 range, they would have to package that with their second, and 2015 first, and yet it still might not be enough. For it to work, colts pick almost has to be top 10. Now, if they move someone else to get another first (Hayden maybe?), then it sets them up good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Yeah, it's tough for the fans.
    If ur a browns fan, after watching the 1st 2 god awful games, you should be dancing in the streets that a franchise qb is on the way. You think browns fans wanted to watch 14 more games of that horror show? Think big picture.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had a better rookie season than Jim Brown. Doesn't make him elite but still consider.
    No he didn't.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Season Team Rushing Receiving Fumbles
    G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    2013 Cleveland Browns 2 2 31 105 3.4 10 0 7 51 7.3 18 0 -- --
    2012 Cleveland Browns 15 15 267 950 3.6 32T 11 51 367 7.2 27 1 3 0
    TOTAL 298 1,05 3.5 32 11 58 418 7.2 27 1 3 0

3.6 yards per carry in 2012 and going down

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if they tank for No. 1, not sure they have enough ammo left to deal for no. 2 there. Assuming say the colts pick is somewhere in the 15-20 range, they would have to package that with their second, and 2015 first, and yet it still might not be enough. For it to work, colts pick almost has to be top 10. Now, if they move someone else to get another first (Hayden maybe?), then it sets them up good.
    That works, too.

For real, Cleveland could really steal the show at the draft this year.

#yoloswag

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If ur a browns fan, after watching the 1st 2 god awful games, you should be dancing in the streets that a franchise qb is on the way. You think browns fans wanted to watch 14 more games of that horror show? Think big picture.
    Looking at the Cleveland forum, reaction is slightly towards the negative. Some people are wondering why they didn't get more for him. Others are just angry.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...c=26763&page=3

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    good trade for both teams

Colts IF Trent stays healthy can form a 1-2 punch with LUCK
    Browns have fire power to move up in draft for franchise QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    No he didn't.
    Yes he did. He broke the Browns rookie record held by Brown for touchdowns scored with 11. Jim Brown had 9 in his rookie season.

He also ran for 950 yards, breaking Brown's record. Brown ran for 942 in his rookie year.

Now the caveat is that Brown only played in 12 games and Richardson played in 15 his rookie year.

But both of those records weren't broken until now and the 16 game season has been around for awhile
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 09-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrendously retarded move by CLE.

They were in the running for teddy anyway. Now the team knows they're mailing it in this season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Revis deal, you have to factor in the money. I don't think Richardson was due to make Revis type money. I think of the Revis deal as this (after this year): The cap space to sign say Jimmy Graham or Hakeem Nicks plus Richardson and the 3rd round pick.
    We have an additional 3rd rd pick in 2014?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really?? Brown had 202 carries for 942 yds 4.7 ypc TR was 267 for 950 3.6 ypc how is that better?? Also 12 game season vs 16 game season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he did. He broke the Browns rookie record held by Brown for touchdowns scored with 11. Jim Brown had 9 in his rookie season.

He also ran for 950 yards, breaking Brown's record. Brown ran for 942 in his rookie year.

Now the caveat is that Brown only played in 12 games and Richardson played in 15 his rookie year.

But both of those records weren't broken until now and the 16 game season has been around for awhile
    Jim Brown avg 4.7 yards a carry to Richardsons pathetic 3.6. Bilal Powell is avg 3.6 come on now