Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.

All Pro
    Or he may cost us a high draft pick and not deliver that much. I'm not saying this would be the case, but trading future picks for current players is what got us into a mess under Tanny; I'd rather see a more patient approach that builds the team for more sustainable long term success.

One singular player will not raise the level off the offense that much that all of a sudden the Jets are contenders unless it's Peyton Manning.

Not to mention that Blackmon has so many off the field issues, that he's a bottle of cough syrup away from being suspended for an entire season.

I'm not saying I advocate a trade, but think about what we've done recently:

Braylon for 3rd/5th
    Holmes for 5th

You could argue neither turned us into champs, but when healthy I was glad to have them on the team. I don't know what Blackmon would go for (and I'm not implying it would be a 5th) but I'd have to hear the offer before I got stingy with picks (in a draft where we have more than normal) . . .

I can understand the mentality of wanting to trade for a wideout, however this team is not built to win now like the Colts think they are.

Idzik needs to stay true to his philosophy of not trading away draft picks, we would be much better going after M.Lee in the draft and taking a punt on getting Nicks when he hits free agency IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I can understand the mentality of wanting to trade for a wideout, however this team is not built to win now like the Colts think they are.

Idzik needs to stay true to his philosophy of not trading away draft picks, we would be much better going after M.Lee in the draft and taking a punt on getting Nicks when he hits free agency IMO.
    I disagree. Our defense is championship caliber.A big target, whos sure handed would open up the passing game and improve our running game.We have plenty of picks next year.Perhaps a 2nd and 3rd in 2014,and a 3rd in 2015????

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I disagree. Our defense is championship caliber.A big target, whos sure handed would open up the passing game and improve our running game.We have plenty of picks next year.Perhaps a 2nd and 3rd in 2014,and a 3rd in 2015????
    Disagree with what?

The defence has been a pleasant surprise and will certainly be up there with the best in the league, when I say "built to win" I mean a Super Bowl.

It's not worth blowing picks now when the team is not ready to make a serious run, it's a wildcard team who could make a push into the playoffs, nothing more!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

great point! The draft is the way to go!

Jets Insider VIP
    so per you our second round pick last year has failed and we should just cut him. Id suggest developing him .

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    so per you our second round pick last year has failed and we should just cut him. Id suggest developing him .
    Are you talking about hill. No,he/s our #2 guy with Blackmon being #1.Holmes is gone next year.Im not suggesting giving away are whole draft.We keep our #1,and have a we would still have a boat load of mid round picks. If Sammy Watkins is gone before we pick,there aren't any sure things at wide receiver.What if Watkins is a bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Tanny? Tanny? Are you still hear? Oh, Tanny, stay the FO Tanny.

Are you talking about hill. No,he/s our #2 guy with Blackmon being #1.Holmes is gone next year.Im not suggesting giving away are whole draft.We keep our #1,and have a we would still have a boat load of mid round picks. If Sammy Watkins is gone before we pick,there aren't any sure things at wide receiver.What if Watkins is a bust.
    I also think there is an element of risk that puts people off Blackmon Geno, I for one would rather us spill a 2nd on this years draft, suspect character with no real production is not worth our 2nd.

Can totally see why people would want to take a chance though.

Hall Of Fame
    You are still drunk and here is why. Jacksonville will likely have the #1 pick. They are going to pick a QB. Every QB needs a legit #1 WR. For the Jags that is Blackmon. They already have half the equation and they will be in position to get the other half.

WR>RB. Can't compare this to what the Browns did with Richardson.

Jets Insider VIP
    He'll be dead or locked up in 5 years. Guy has mental issues, do not want.

Stay the freaking course please
    You don't trade away your best player & then trade for some nitwit one strike away from suspension
    The new CBA is working in the Jets favor, especially if Geno pans out.
    12 picks next year
    A kick azz defence
    After we lock up Big Mo, we'll still have a ton of money & the Best, youngest Dline in football.
    Secondary will be better in 2014 with experience
    Other than some more youth at LB, Jets can go skill positions & Oline on offense
    Free Agency for veteran WR help (Takes too damn long for guys like Hill, do what the Pats tried to do with an Emanual Sanders type WR, steal them if their team puts a 2nd round tender on them)
    Pats screwed up & went too cheap on the offer & Steelers matched
    I would rather have a player like Sanders then take a rookie WR in the 1st round in 2014 draft
    Plenty ways to skin a cat, & I think Idzik is no Dummy like Tannenbaum (trade a 5th for Holmes, brag about it, then give him a 60 million dollar contract...BRILLIANT!)

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are still drunk and here is why. Jacksonville will likely have the #1 pick. They are going to pick a QB. Every QB needs a legit #1 WR. For the Jags that is Blackmon. They already have half the equation and they will be in position to get the other half.

WR>RB. Can't compare this to what the Browns did with Richardson.
    They have no defense, a running back at the end of his career,and nothing special on thier oline.Justin Blackmon is expendable

Hall Of Fame
    They have no defense, a running back at the end of his career,and nothing special on thier oline.Justin Blackmon is expendable
    They will need Blackmon for their future QB. They will also add a few more pieces. We are the only team that drafts QBs and take away their weapons.

Im not aware of his issues,i'll read up on them now.But are you sure about the impact of any receiver we drafty next year.Sammy Watkins has his own issues.Trading a 5th round pick for Holmes was a great trade.What did in Tanny wasd the Sanchez and tebow fiasco

kELLER AND HOLMES WERE HURT LASDT YEAR.bRAYLON SHOULD HAVE BEEN RE-SIGHNED,BUT HE DIDN'T DO MUCH SINCE DID HE

All League
    Blackmon has had big problems in OK and now FLA what kind of issues would he have in the NY area. Pass, build through the draft