Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    kELLER AND HOLMES WERE HURT LASDT YEAR.bRAYLON SHOULD HAVE BEEN RE-SIGHNED,BUT HE DIDN'T DO MUCH SINCE DID HE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not aware of his issues,i'll read up on them now.But are you sure about the impact of any receiver we drafty next year.Sammy Watkins has his own issues.Trading a 5th round pick for Holmes was a great trade.What did in Tanny wasd the Sanchez and tebow fiasco
    We spent years where we had the fewest number of picks in the entire NFL. Roster depth suffered as a direct result of that as well as too many bloated contracts being paid out to players whose best days were behind them. This was a direct result of our former GM's philosophy for how to build a winner.

It was not just "Sanchez and Tebow". In fact Tebow was only brought in as a lightning rod to try and distract the attention of fan base from the monumental cock up the Tanny had made of the rest of this roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Being the CAPS LOCK police on a message board is only marginally higher on the food chain than being the spelling police. Try not to do that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Blackmon has had big problems in OK and now FLA what kind of issues would he have in the NY area. Pass, build through the draft
    Build through the draft,HMMm.i don;t think were as far away as some of you think.Thats what Jags,Browns,Raiders fans should be saying looking at thier rosters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have extra picks next year.A 3rd for the revis deal and compensatory pics.We'll still have a draft, including a 1st rounder.I would not give up my first rounder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Being the CAPS LOCK police on a message board is only marginally higher on the food chain than being the spelling police. Try not to do that.
    Can post and will post whatever I want, just like you, him, everyone can. I'll try to do whatever I feel like. Listen, or don't. Don't really care. Can't take a funny, or laugh about things, too bad. Jumping in to be the morality police is even worse. Blech. Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    THATS TELLING HIM!!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    THATS TELLING HIM!!!!!!
    So angry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not realize he had that many issues regarding substance abuse.Theres no way i would trade a 2 for him.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i would trade one of my 3rd rounders for him,and possibly a few compensatory picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Or he may cost us a high draft pick and not deliver that much. I'm not saying this would be the case, but trading future picks for current players is what got us into a mess under Tanny; I'd rather see a more patient approach that builds the team for more sustainable long term success.
    He has been in TC and would spend a month learning the new system. Don't trade Draft picks as they are too valuable to building the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He has been in TC and would spend a month learning the new system. Don't trade Draft picks as they are too valuable to building the team.
    I don't think we have that much building to do.With so much money under the cap, we could add peices in free agency, pick up an impact player in the first round.Anthont Barr, or DeAnthony Thomas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we have that much building to do.With so much money under the cap, we could add peices in free agency, pick up an impact player in the first round.Anthont Barr, or DeAnthony Thomas.
    I admire your optimism, but I think you have to be more realistic in how you look at this team. We have LOTS of building to do. We have an idiot for a head coach, two unproven QB's, no impact players at all on offense, no safeties, no pass rush, and probably need at least one more offensive lineman. We do have some pieces, but we are no where near being able to trade away picks for anybody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.
    I wouldnt be against trading for Blackmon...but the better thing to do is to hold on to all of our picks....

You would have to ask yourself...can I find a better receiver than Blackmon at the pick in which I am trading for?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are still drunk and here is why. Jacksonville will likely have the #1 pick. They are going to pick a QB. Every QB needs a legit #1 WR. For the Jags that is Blackmon. They already have half the equation and they will be in position to get the other half.

WR>RB. Can't compare this to what the Browns did with Richardson.
    Yeah this is true too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure John Idzik is dying to trade for a guy who has been arrested multiple times and is currently suspended by the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about they just let the guys they have play and get better and wait till the draft to replenish/upgrade at key positions hopefully not QB. I like the Evans kid that Manziel throws to

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    How about they just let the guys they have play and get better and wait till the draft to replenish/upgrade at key positions hopefully not QB. I like the Evans kid that Manziel throws to
    That kid's a beast, he's not the fastest but he's strong and fights for the ball. Manziel throws it anywhere near him and he seems to always make the play. Kind of reminds me of a Boldin type of player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am sure John Idzik is dying to trade for a guy who has been arrested multiple times and is currently suspended by the NFL.
    LOL...seriously.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I admire your optimism, but I think you have to be more realistic in how you look at this team. We have LOTS of building to do. We have an idiot for a head coach, two unproven QB's, no impact players at all on offense, no safeties, no pass rush, and probably need at least one more offensive lineman. We do have some pieces, but we are no where near being able to trade away picks for anybody.
    Ryans no idiot.We have a good pass rush,which will become very good when coples returns.Are safeties are good against the run,average against the pass,well maybe bel;ow average.,and everyteam can use another quality guy on thier oline.Every team has a position where they could improve thier talent level,every team.Thats why i suggested trading for Blackmon.Our receiving core would improve dramatically,and we'd still have our 1st rounder to draft another impact guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    That kid's a beast, he's not the fastest but he's strong and fights for the ball. Manziel throws it anywhere near him and he seems to always make the play. Kind of reminds me of a Boldin type of player.
    Evans is 6'5", more like Vincent Jackson than Boldin.