Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I don't think we have that much building to do.With so much money under the cap, we could add peices in free agency, pick up an impact player in the first round.Anthont Barr, or DeAnthony Thomas.
    You may be right but Geno needs a year in the NFL. Getting a full draft next year with a good TC to solidify our staff is very important for depth and chemistry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Blackmon has had big problems in OK and now FLA what kind of issues would he have in the NY area. Pass, build through the draft
    This.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not realize he had that many issues regarding substance abuse.Theres no way i would trade a 2 for him.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i would trade one of my 3rd rounders for him,and possibly a few compensatory picks.
    My understanding is that you can't trade compensatory picks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread title made me think we made a trade.

It would be nice to add an nfl quality receiver but I don't think this guy is worth a lot given his of the field issues already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    My understanding is that you can't trade compensatory picks.
    True, you can not trade them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, you can not trade them.
    Then trade the picks the round the compensatorys start in.Stop pouring salt in the wounds,jeez!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then trade the picks the round the compensatorys start in.Stop pouring salt in the wounds,jeez!!!
    It was a horrendous idea in the first place.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to go back to the Tanny strategy of buying talent. This team needs to invest in player development. You can't buy enough talent to put together an elite team unless you mortgage your future (like 2010) and pay the price later or there is too much talent on the market and you can get it cheaply, which rarely happens.

I'm not thrilled with our receiving corp but I don't think the plan was for this team to be a contender this year. I think we picked up our defensive tools in the draft this year and next year will be an offense-focused draft and FA so we can put together strong teams on both sides of the ball with an expectation that we are a competitive team next year or the year after. There's no good reason to burn draft picks to pick up a questionable player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a horrendous idea in the first place.
    No it wasn't.Stop being a wise guy.Who would you draft next year that would have the impact on the jet offense that Blackmon would.Cmon smart guy,name him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    No need to go back to the Tanny strategy of buying talent. This team needs to invest in player development. You can't buy enough talent to put together an elite team unless you mortgage your future (like 2010) and pay the price later or there is too much talent on the market and you can get it cheaply, which rarely happens.

I'm not thrilled with our receiving corp but I don't think the plan was for this team to be a contender this year. I think we picked up our defensive tools in the draft this year and next year will be an offense-focused draft and FA so we can put together strong teams on both sides of the ball with an expectation that we are a competitive team next year or the year after. There's no good reason to burn draft picks to pick up a questionable player.
    that's what idzik is doing. and he'll have cap space to get some offensive pieces in FA, hopefully there's a TE he can grab, as i doubt he'll shell out for a wr.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Can post and will post whatever I want, just like you, him, everyone can. I'll try to do whatever I feel like. Listen, or don't. Don't really care. Can't take a funny, or laugh about things, too bad. Jumping in to be the morality police is even worse. Blech. Thanks.
    LOL, +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannys problem wasn't trades it was overpaying his guys and all that gauranteed money

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who replaces Holmes?????A draft pick,who?????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it wasn't.Stop being a wise guy.Who would you draft next year that would have the impact on the jet offense that Blackmon would.Cmon smart guy,name him.
    Shhhhhh. Just stop now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no quick fixes

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets trade up for Sammy watkins,and then find out he can't beat press coverage and is more of a head case than Blackmon.Watkins will be gone by the time we pick,we'll have to trade up,giving up other picks for a question mark,as all draft picks are

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evans is 6'5", more like Vincent Jackson than Boldin.
    Yep you're right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would give a 4th for a solid possession receiver, that is a natural punt returner. If you can find that I'm all in. Otherwise we keep developing what we have, or pick up a practice squad guy(that returns punts).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am sure John Idzik is dying to trade for a guy who has been arrested multiple times and is currently suspended by the NFL.
    He's hopefully trying to upgrade the roster, any chance he gets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.
    no one caught this blasphemy?

anyway, no more trading draft picks, haven't we already learned this lesson.