Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You may be right but Geno needs a year in the NFL. Getting a full draft next year with a good TC to solidify our staff is very important for depth and chemistry.
    It would significantly aid his development to have receivers that ran good routes, and caught slightly misplaced balls. Maybe even one that could communicate what he should be looking for, and what he did wrong. This is why I wish Braylon had remained healthy. I'm not sure that we won't see him back before the season's over. Hopefully Tone is getting in shape quickly, and has his head screwed on right this year with this kid, because he sure does need him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Shhhhhh. Just stop now.
    Remember who you are dealing with. This is the guy who spent an epic 30 page thread defending his position that Jody Arias was innocent because he had watched the whole trial and we had not. He does not bend easily.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    no one caught this blasphemy?

anyway, no more trading draft picks, haven't we already learned this lesson.
    I caught it, and thought he was just trying to make a point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Or he may cost us a high draft pick and not deliver that much. I'm not saying this would be the case, but trading future picks for current players is what got us into a mess under Tanny; I'd rather see a more patient approach that builds the team for more sustainable long term success.
    I could say this in response to any trade.

And this is not what got us in trouble with Tanny. Trading picks for players that stay for a couple of years instead of using them for picks who you control for 4+ years, thats one issue. Trading picks for players who don't contribute enough is another area he screwed up. Along with not getting enough help from our remaining picks.

Ultimately it comes down to getting talent. How you do it isn't all that important, you need to be able to do both well

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for some laughs in this topic!

The only thing that will stop this from being Holmes's last season with us is if he & Geno develop crazy chemistry with each other.

The offers that he wants for his next contract are going to be lower from us than from some other teams ... & his lis frank injury history will likely make the offers to him 1year or 2 year with limited guarantees ...

Agree FA & the draft will be where WR is addressed ... I'm curious to see if Hill can play like week 1 against the Bills rather than he did against the Pats in the cr*ppy weather ... If so that & Kerley making it back offer us some hope at WR in 2014

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Can post and will post whatever I want, just like you, him, everyone can. I'll try to do whatever I feel like. Listen, or don't. Don't really care. Can't take a funny, or laugh about things, too bad. Jumping in to be the morality police is even worse. Blech. Thanks.
    Fair enough. By all means continue to provide the caps lock police service free of charge and be aware that you are probably being compensated in accordance with value of that service.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He's hopefully trying to upgrade the roster, any chance he gets
    What are you not understanding? A 1st year gm is not trading picks for a guy whos 1 strike away from a year suspension. You cant take that risk as a new gm. If something happened, Idzik would get killed for making the trade.

The pats need a receiver. You think they are going anywhere near this guy? Only an idiot would trade for him and thankfully Idzik is no idiot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sticking up for me.........i think???????Huh.I said she was innocent of 1st degree murder,not 2nd degree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the guy is a problem child (a la Santonio Holmes), any trade should be for a very low pick indeed. Offer them a bag of potato chips and see what they say.

All kidding aside we are still busy clearing out old mistakes. Do we want to add new ones at this point?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sticking up for me.........i think???????Huh.I said she was innocent of 1st degree murder,not 2nd degree.
    Just yanking your chain. And you did come back for your medicine ... eventually.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are alot of posters at JI who spend alot of thier time calling people idiots, including other posters.Idzik,Ryan,Tanny,Shotty, MM, including many other football professionals have been called idiots here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't trade a 3 for Blackmon. You can't be that insecure in your job,if you are,get another one.65 receptions for close to 900 yards as a rookie.Cmon

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd get Jax on the phone. Personally, I can't stand Hill and would try to package him with a midround pick. Worse thing they say is no.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are alot of posters at JI who spend alot of thier time calling people idiots, including other posters.Idzik,Ryan,Tanny,Shotty, MM, including many other football professionals have been called idiots here.
    Many of us spent time and effort warning that the policies of the former GM would lead to an expensive and depleted roster. For years those warnings fell on deaf ears as Tanny could do no wrong. He was a genius after all (according to some). Central to that criticism of Tanny was the idea that this organization was forever bringing in short term fixes and always at the expense of future draft picks. People were addicted to eating the candy today and were dismissive of the tooth decay tomorrow that was a direct and very predictable result of those decisions. This criticism incidentally was shared by many other NFL executives.

Mike Tanenbaum may not have been an idiot but he was essentially a jumped up "gofer"/coffee boy/Cap expert who I think talked his way into a GM position for which he was not qualified. Idzik has a bigger hole to dig us out of as a result of the decisions made by Tanny. We do not need more of the same foolishness at this point. The defense is promising so far and I have been touting its potential all offseason but it is not a finished product.... yet. Don't even get me started on the offense. We need all kinds of work there. We are not one player away by any stretch.
    Last edited by EM31; 09-19-2013 at 11:40 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    I'd get Jax on the phone. Personally, I can't stand Hill and would try to package him with a midround pick. Worse thing they say is no.
    I don't like acquiring players who are one act away from being suspended for an entire season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't call Blackmon a "quick" fix. Guy is only in year 2 and he can play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have no problem with inquiring about blackmon is the price was right. This is not some old vet we are talking about here. I think the price would be too high but I would listen for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would have no problem with inquiring about blackmon is the price was right. This is not some old vet we are talking about here. I think the price would be too high but I would listen for sure.
    In general I agree but what price is low enough for his kind of issues and potential for issues? A 5th? 4th?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious if anyone on these boards thinks that Mike Tannenbaum will ever get another GM opportunity in this league?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't trade a 3 for Blackmon. You can't be that insecure in your job,if you are,get another one.65 receptions for close to 900 yards as a rookie.Cmon
    I doubt they would take just take a 3rd round pick but if so, I would do that.