Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    I'd get Jax on the phone. Personally, I can't stand Hill and would try to package him with a midround pick. Worse thing they say is no.
    I'm right there with ya.

Stephen Hill + a 3rd & maybe a conditional pick in 2015. I'd even add Powell. A good guy like Hill is but as a football player, can't stand him either.

That's a decent get for a troubled player for a team that's way further from contention than we are.

I'd still target Kenny Britt in the offseason for cheap to be WR #2.

This type of trade would allow is to move back in round 1 & obtain another pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Fine - go ahead and offer. But why on earth would Jax do this??? So he has "issues" - doesn't mean they're trying to dump him in exchange for a bag of footballs.

Let me put it another way - would you trade Coples for a low 3rd round pick and additional mid round picks?
    because the jags are years away from having a chance to contend.Justin Blackmon won't make any difference to them,stockpiling draft picks might

Im sold on geno smith.With our defense,we can win the AFC East with Blackmon.Is Ridley or the Miami guy really better than Ivory and Goodson??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Step away from the crack pipe.

Until we are sure that Geno is a good NFL starter, we need to hoard draft picks so that we can get one.
    Your gonna know this when are receivers are dropping passes like crazy...I like what I have seen from Geno he has made his share of mistakes but that's expected .. But he has a lot of plays left on the field due to drops..

Blackmon, Hill, Kerley, and Graham. My dream receiving corp.Some people think New Orleans will never let Graham go. they have some other free agents that there gonna have to spend money on to keep.Maybe they let graham walk.Its not an impossibility.

You guys are nuts the Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes trades were both succesful for us there's no way the Jets get to back2back AFCGs without those moves. Blackmon is the real deal at WR once he comes off that suspension he is going to have a monster season for the Jags.

Personally, I'd prefer to sign Hakeem Nicks in the off-season ofcourse if we do that I'm sure the Giants will be the ones who trade for Blackmon.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im sold on geno smith.With our defense,we can win the AFC East with Blackmon.Is Ridley or the Miami guy really better than Ivory and Goodson??
    No but the NFL is all about the QB and WR today. That said I like Geno better than most people and I like our receivers better than most too but hey.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Your gonna know this when are receivers are dropping passes like crazy...I like what I have seen from Geno he has made his share of mistakes but that's expected .. But he has a lot of plays left on the field due to drops..
    1) he only played in two games
    2) he was horrible against the Patriots

Don't bet the farm on unproven guys - see Sanchez

I'd much rather trade for either of the Browns' young receivers that are supposedly now on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You guys are nuts the Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes trades were both succesful for us there's no way the Jets get to back2back AFCGs without those moves. Blackmon is the real deal at WR once he comes off that suspension he is going to have a monster season for the Jags.

Personally, I'd prefer to sign Hakeem Nicks in the off-season ofcourse if we do that I'm sure the Giants will be the ones who trade for Blackmon.

lol what? Those trades both where failures.

Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.
    This is absurd. WTF is going to throw Blackmon the ball? Smith? Even worse Sanchez? Our QB's are garbage and to think that they are any better than the Jags QB's is crazy. Smith is our best hope and he has a LONG way to go to become even respectable in this league.

Idzik should hold on to our draft picks and spend them in the draft wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is absurd. WTF is going to throw Blackmon the ball? Smith? Even worse Sanchez? Our QB's are garbage and to think that they are any better than the Jags QB's is crazy. Smith is our best hope and he has a LONG way to go to become even respectable in this league.

Idzik should hold on to our draft picks and spend them in the draft wisely.
    Your a moron if you think Smith doesn't have a huge upside.and to compare him to blaine gabbert is more than absurd.Make sure when you eat the fish you catch, its not loaded with mercury

Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.
    You think we're a Justin Blackmon away from being a championship contender? Ahahahahahahbaahhahahaha

I never said that.Where a few playmakers away on offense.Were already there on defense.I think most people would agree with that.

u didn't say that? u said we can win the AFC east AND even get homefield advantage in the playoff's. Do you not even know how yous started your thread or are you backtracking? u called someone a moron earlier for not believing in Geno .. I guess you're calling every professional scout who passed on Geno in the 1st round a moron as well. I mean you might be convinced ... Jets faithful might be convinced ... Hey I even believe in Geno a little bit but you do know its only been 2 weeks into his pro career. Relax brother ... Blackmon coming in here won't make us a powerhouse all of a sudden.

LOL@ anyone who suggest Jacksonville will want to take Stephen Hill out of our hands ahahahha. I mean when you guys think of trades do you think of what ONLY benefits us or what benefits other teams? "hey man Jacksonville will take our receiver who hasn't really done anything yet off our hands and a mid-round pick and hand us their best offensive player ... hey they suck anyway why not help the Jets" .. this isn't baseball dude where teams want to give up on players they don't want to pay so other contenders can take them. U guys are buggin

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    u didn't say that? u said we can win the AFC east AND even get homefield advantage in the playoff's. Do you not even know how yous started your thread or are you backtracking? u called someone a moron earlier for not believing in Geno .. I guess you're calling every professional scout who passed on Geno in the 1st round a moron as well. I mean you might be convinced ... Jets faithful might be convinced ... Hey I even believe in Geno a little bit but you do know its only been 2 weeks into his pro career. Relax brother ... Blackmon coming in here won't make us a powerhouse all of a sudden.

LOL@ anyone who suggest Jacksonville will want to take Stephen Hill out of our hands ahahahha. I mean when you guys think of trades do you think of what ONLY benefits us or what benefits other teams? "hey man Jacksonville will take our receiver who hasn't really done anything yet off our hands and a mid-round pick and hand us their best offensive player ... hey they suck anyway why not help the Jets" .. this isn't baseball dude where teams want to give up on players they don't want to pay so other contenders can take them. U guys are buggin
    No im not.We get a playmaker on offense who can make plays down feild we win our division.I never suggested trading Hill. I suggested tradind one of our two 3rd round picks ans possibly a few other picks for Blackmon. The Jags won't have to worry about contending for a while. Thats why they might be open to trading Blackmon.For the same reason the Browns traded TrentR

All Pro
    No im not.We get a playmaker on offense who can make plays down feild we win our division.I never suggested trading Hill. I suggested tradind one of our two 3rd round picks ans possibly a few other picks for Blackmon. The Jags won't have to worry about contending for a while. Thats why they might be open to trading Blackmon.For the same reason the Browns traded TrentR
    Browns also got a 1st round pick for T Rich ... you're suggesting Jax will give up on last year's 1st rounder for a 3rd next year and maybe some other low picks.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Browns also got a 1st round pick for T Rich ... you're suggesting Jax will give up on last year's 1st rounder for a 3rd next year and maybe some other low picks.
    I have no idea, but whats the harm in making the call. Are you watching this game with the Bills. I stand by everything i said. Anybody who calls Geno Smith garbage and compares him to Sanchez and the Jags QBs, is making a moronic statement.And our defense is so good that one more playmaker on offense would give us a great chance to win our division

All Pro
    I have no idea, but whats the harm in making the call. Are you watching this game with the Bills. I stand by everything i said. Anybody who calls Geno Smith garbage and compares him to Sanchez and the Jags QBs, is making a moronic statement.And our defense is so good that one more playmaker on offense would give us a great chance to win our division
    I am watching the Bills game. I think Geno is doing well, and I have no issue with him at all. I think he'll develop nicely. I just don't believe for a moment that Jax will even entertain a low ball offer for their recent 1st round pick.

You ask what the harm is in making the call as if it's up to us fans to decide. Maybe Idzik did and was told where to go. Maybe he wants nothing to do with Blackmon. My point is, we'll never know what the FO is doing, so it's a completely moot point. And if our FO does go around offering low draft picks for talented players, I think it could damage their standing with other teams, so there could be harm in making the call.

Your a moron if you think Smith doesn't have a huge upside.and to compare him to blaine gabbert is more than absurd.Make sure when you eat the fish you catch, its not loaded with mercury
    Up side is one thing and something I do not doubt with Smith. I want to give him a chance. But what you are suggesting is mortgaging the teams future for quick satisfaction. Well, there would not be any satisfaction in getting Blackmon. Certainly not this season. The only thing that is going to help Geno is repetition right now.