Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Up side is one thing and something I do not doubt with Smith. I want to give him a chance. But what you are suggesting is mortgaging the teams future for quick satisfaction. Well, there would not be any satisfaction in getting Blackmon. Certainly not this season. The only thing that is going to help Geno is repetition right now.
    +1. Blackmon won't help Geno spot LB's waiting for the slant, and other mistakes. This season is about learning and progressing, not championships.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    +1. Blackmon won't help Geno spot LB's waiting for the slant, and other mistakes. This season is about learning and progressing, not championships.
    What's worse is he simply ASSUMES Geno is miles better than a QB like Blaine Gabbert. What does he base that conclusion on? If anything, you could say that Gabbert is the better QB just based purely on the experience factor. We have seen nothing from Geno other than a QB who seems to play well but gives up a lot of turnovers. He looks encouraging but he commits way too many turnovers right now.

I doubt the trade him because they will need him next year with their new QB. They should certainly trade a mid round pick for Josh Gordon on the Browns, who is definitely available.

Is there anybody in football who would ever consider trading Geno Smith for Blaine Gabbert, yes, or no. If the answers no, why????

Every season's about championships. If you don't think we could beat the Dolphins,than why watch.We certainly had a chance to beat the Patriots, probably would have if kerley played.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I doubt the trade him because they will need him next year with their new QB. They should certainly trade a mid round pick for Josh Gordon on the Browns, who is definitely available.
    If Gordon is still available, I think his price just went up!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Is there anybody in football who would ever consider trading Geno Smith for Blaine Gabbert, yes, or no. If the answers no, why????
    I wouldn't - at this point I think the downside on Gabbert vastly outweighs the upside. Geno is the opposite IMHO. Sure he could still bust and never get over his early problems with footwork / turnovers, but I see a lot in his game that gives me hope too. His deep ball yesterday, and his ability to stand tall, take the big hit and make the deep pass, is admirable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Every season's about championships. If you don't think we could beat the Dolphins,than why watch.We certainly had a chance to beat the Patriots, probably would have if kerley played.
    I believe we can win any game we play. I just don't believe we are good enough to win all / most of them. We're just not that consistent.

We should have murdered the Bills yesterday with how well our D was playing and the air and ground attack we generated (albeit agaisnt an injury depleted team). But the mistakes were far too many, and that's not something that you can just overcome in a week or two of practice. This is where I feel the coaching is to blame - a lot of indiscipline was visible, and that comes top down IMO. Not just Wilson's ridiculous series where he should have been pulled much earlier - though I do believe Johnson play-acted a lot on that last penalty - but also THREE defensive offsides in very short order, keeping drives alive. It's as if Rex wanted to go for the kill shot when he already had the team beat, and it came back to hurt him.

That's why I believe we're not a championship calibre team right now. Again, just my opinion.