Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Reactions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Reactions

Oh boy....so much we can argue about on this one.

1) We won despite giving up two turnovers and committing more penalties than the entire population of Riker's Island. So let's start with that.

2) This defensive front 7 is beastly.

3) Anyone (including me) who doubted the pick of Sheldon Richardson should probably chew on some crow. He is a stud.

4) Yes, Ducasse and Wilson were the worst offenders, but there were a lot more offenders. That was hard to watch, especially the drive where we gave up the TD. The coaching staff should make every one who committed a penalty run until they puke. If McKnight was still here that wouldn't be enough but not an issue now. Then the coaching staff should commit seppuku for their management of challenges.

5) Geno is still a puzzle to me. He makes some really good throws but he got bailed out a few times today and made some really bad ones as well. Hill had to slow down to catch his first big reception or it would have been an easy TD. Holmes pulled that TD catch out of the Easter Bunny's ass because he was covered tight. Great catch. Not sure that should have been thrown but okay. I'm okay giving Geno more time but for everyone who called Sanchez a pick-machine, Geno is actually worse right now.

6) Cromartie running down Jackson(?) to stop that TD early was a play of the game. Man has got wheels (and babies but that's not important today).

7) Huge punt by Quigley at the end (best special teams play of the season for us) but not sure I'm happy with him on the longer punts. Folk on the other hand is an ice-man this season. Love the guy.

8) The Bills are exposed. If not for turnovers and penalties, they would have lost by 30. I will grant they had a lot of injuries today though. And every time one happened, I just thanked the cosmos it wasn't a Jet.

9) Hill had a great game. Apparently he likes to snack on Buffalo. Holmes and Kerley also came up really big. Maybe we don't have such a huge problem at WR? Where was Winslow though? Didn't see much of him.

10) We are 2-1. Giants are 0-3. Suck it, *****es.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A W is a W. We fought hard and have a W. We are 2 - 1 with a rookie QB. WRs had a more catches and everyone improved. The D is real.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to Chris Ivory? Was he hurt or just pulled?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    What happened to Chris Ivory? Was he hurt or just pulled?
    He had a hammy problem

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be a Geno hater because that throw to Holmes was perfect - right in his arms on the dead run. Did you watch the play? Better throw than catch. You bring up his bad throws and the rookie throws for over 300 yards. Do you not see how incredible that is? That we may have our franchise QB? Great game by the rookie as he leads a TD drive in the 4th quarter after the game is tied up and a big lead blown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Oh boy....so much we can argue about on this one.

1) We won despite giving up two turnovers and committing more penalties than the entire population of Riker's Island. So let's start with that.

2) This defensive front 7 is beastly.

3) Anyone (including me) who doubted the pick of Sheldon Richardson should probably chew on some crow. He is a stud.

4) Yes, Ducasse and Wilson were the worst offenders, but there were a lot more offenders. That was hard to watch, especially the drive where we gave up the TD. The coaching staff should make every one who committed a penalty run until they puke. If McKnight was still here that wouldn't be enough but not an issue now. Then the coaching staff should commit seppuku for their management of challenges.

5) Geno is still a puzzle to me. He makes some really good throws but he got bailed out a few times today and made some really bad ones as well. Hill had to slow down to catch his first big reception or it would have been an easy TD. Holmes pulled that TD catch out of the Easter Bunny's ass because he was covered tight. Great catch. Not sure that should have been thrown but okay. I'm okay giving Geno more time but for everyone who called Sanchez a pick-machine, Geno is actually worse right now.

6) Cromartie running down Jackson(?) to stop that TD early was a play of the game. Man has got wheels (and babies but that's not important today).

7) Huge punt by Quigley at the end (best special teams play of the season for us) but not sure I'm happy with him on the longer punts. Folk on the other hand is an ice-man this season. Love the guy.

8) The Bills are exposed. If not for turnovers and penalties, they would have lost by 30. I will grant they had a lot of injuries today though. And every time one happened, I just thanked the cosmos it wasn't a Jet.

9) Hill had a great game. Apparently he likes to snack on Buffalo. Holmes and Kerley also came up really big. Maybe we don't have such a huge problem at WR? Where was Winslow though? Didn't see much of him.

10) We are 2-1. Giants are 0-3. Suck it, *****es.
    Why not? One on one situation. And Holmes just said it was a "perfect throw." On the podium right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo 0 sacks. The jets tried their best to give this one away with penalties and turnovers. Some huge positives and some very smart play calling on offense. The jets have to give these 2nd tier corners on this team a shot to start. Wall, trufant anyone, wilson is a disaster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    You must be a Geno hater because that throw to Holmes was perfect - right in his arms on the dead run. Did you watch the play? Better throw than catch. You bring up his bad throws and the rookie throws for over 300 yards. Do you not see how incredible that is? That we may have our franchise QB? Great game by the rookie as he leads a TD drive in the 4th quarter after the game is tied up and a big lead blown.
    +1 Santonio agrees with you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    What I have been impressed with is how he comes back after making a bad decision and just leaves it there. He throws a pick, he comes back and makes a great throw for a TD. That is important in the NFL.
    What I HOPE doesn't happen is he throws too many trying to make plays that are not there, like Sanchez.

Sanchez MIGHT have been a pretty good QB had the talent increased instead of virtually disappearing those past two years.
    Lets hope Geno gets some VERY good toys to play with next year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the everloving **** happened on those two fumbles before Buffalo's game-tying score?

Why the **** were they NOT ruled fumbles on the field?

Why the **** did the announcers not cover them at all on the telecast?

And most importantly, why the everloving **** did Rex challenge an obvious unwinnable challenge (the spot) and a pretty clear loser challenge (sideline catch), thus leaving us unable to challenge the two fumbles/recoveries?

Apart from that, OP covers alot of the game pretty well. About where we expected to be at this point, tbh. All down the line, for good and bad.

Oh, a lol, redskins 0-3. Eat a dick Redskins fans.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez had seven 300 yard games in his career and none in his rookie year. Geno had his first in game number three.

Geno made many mistakes but the potential is clearly there. He has the potential to be really good unlike EJ who seems like an Alex Smith game manager.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    nycdan must have been watching the game from his toilet. Should keep his assessment to himself.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're not sure that the ball should have been thrown to our #1 receiver in a one on one situation? Do you understand how the quarterback position works? If you see single coverage you throw the ball, without even considering how much separation the WR has. Hell, you don't know how much separation there is until after the ball is in the air for 2-3 seconds. He threw a PERFECT pass over Holmes shoulder, it was a thing of beauty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not saying I was sure. When I saw the ball in the air and how close the defender was, I was expecting a bad outcome. I thought Holmes made an unbelievable catch that could have easily been a pick if he hadn't. Not a Geno hater, but let's not ignore the problems either. He's a rookie and that's fine but he needs to get smarter. I'll give him props on the TD run though since I forgot that. Gutsy play and he has made plays with his legs a few times and I love that aspect of his game.

Churchill, couldn't agree more. The Manuel fumble was blatant. Ref really botched that one. Lack of challenges has been covered to death so won't go over that again but that was a badly blown call.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Buffalo 0 sacks. The Refs tried their best to give this one away with penalties and turnovers. Some huge positives and some very smart play calling on offense. The jets have to give these 2nd tier corners on this team a shot to start. Wall, trufant anyone, wilson is a disaster.
    fixed

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You kind of missed the biggest surprise, Bilal Powell had 149 rushing yards today. Where did that come from?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Not saying I was sure. When I saw the ball in the air and how close the defender was, I was expecting a bad outcome. I thought Holmes made an unbelievable catch that could have easily been a pick if he hadn't. Not a Geno hater, but let's not ignore the problems either. He's a rookie and that's fine but he needs to get smarter. I'll give him props on the TD run though since I forgot that. Gutsy play and he has made plays with his legs a few times and I love that aspect of his game.

Churchill, couldn't agree more. The Manuel fumble was blatant. Ref really botched that one. Lack of challenges has been covered to death so won't go over that again but that was a badly blown call.
    Again, the late "holding" call against us BEFORE the run and WAY after the fumble would have negated it either way.
    That was planned by the refs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a long time since our offense looked as potent as it did today. A long time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    You kind of missed the biggest surprise, Bilal Powell had 149 rushing yards today. Where did that come from?
    Awesome, aye.

But it raises a question......wtf happened to Ivory? Is he hurt?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    You're not sure that the ball should have been thrown to our #1 receiver in a one on one situation? Do you understand how the quarterback position works? If you see single coverage you throw the ball, without even considering how much separation the WR has. Hell, you don't know how much separation there is until after the ball is in the air for 2-3 seconds. He threw a PERFECT pass over Holmes shoulder, it was a thing of beauty.
    In a game where he's thrown 2 picks and underthrown a wide open Hill on a similar pass, yeah, I was nervous when that ball was in the air. I watched the replay...the defender was step for step with Holmes and in perfect position to pick it if he had bothered to turn his head. Glad it worked out. Could have been another Int. Don't believe me, watch it. Maybe I'm wrong but like I said, glad it worked out as it saved the game.