Thread: Hey, 11 and 12 drafts looking mighty good...

Hey, 11 and 12 drafts looking mighty good...

11- Mo, Ellis, Kerley and Powell
    12- Coples, Hill, Davis, Allen and Snacks as UDFA gem...

All starting or in Ellis' case only held back because of injury but meaningful minutes and dominant us spurts, but will 13 top them all? If Geno pans out I think it will, Richardson has pro bowl potential already and I'm not as down on Dee as most here, he will come on soon, had a good game today... Hey give it up for the younguns', and next year it will get better with loads of cap space and 12 draft picks, if you don't see that this team is on a major upswing now you're blind.

But I gotta admit this, Miami is in a similar stage as the Jets, Tannehill is the real deal.

bring back Tanny!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    bring back Tanny!!!

He's so much better than given credit for.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    He's so much better than given credit for.
    Have you already forgotten the Sanchez and Hunter contracts and bringing in Sparano. Tanny had a good run but he lost it in the end and to go. He just couldn't be trusted to get back on track. Still and all I think he deserves another chance in an NFL FO is he still wants one.

noted: edited for correction = Hunter, not Howard.
    Last edited by LIJetsFan; 09-23-2013 at 06:10 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Have you already forgotten the Sanchez and Howard contracts and bringing in Sparano. Tanny had a good run but he lost it in the end and to go. He just couldn't be trusted to get back on track. Still and all I think he deserves another chance in an NFL FO is he still wants one.
    Yes. The Pats or Dolphins should give him a shot.

Have you already forgotten the Sanchez and Howard contracts and bringing in Sparano. Tanny had a good run but he lost it in the end and to go. He just couldn't be trusted to get back on track. Still and all I think he deserves another chance in an NFL FO is he still wants one.
    assuming you mean the Wayne Hunter contract

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    assuming you mean the Wayne Hunter contract
    yup, Hunter, not Howard, thx

yup, Hunter, not Howard, thx
    To be fair Hunter had started showing signs he could be a more than solid starter the year before and because of our cap situation it was actually quite a clever deal at the time.Taken in isolation and with hinsight it looks like a terrible move but Hunter just regressed badly the following year.

Credit also needs to go to the same guys who got Howard for nothing and have developed him to the point where nobody is yelling about needing to upgrade at RT anymore.

I do not believe anyone has ever denied that Tanny did some good things for the team. But would this team be playing as well as it is if Tanny were still the GM? Would the cap mess have been cleaned up?

Really, Tanny was good at drafting but not so good with contracts. I think it was genius on the part of Woody to bring Idzik in. Make no mistake about it, Idzik has his fingerprints all over this team. The OL is the most improved unit on the team. I absolutely love their play. The offense looks OK at best, but they can still improve.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    To be fair Hunter had started showing signs he could be a more than solid starter the year before and because of our cap situation it was actually quite a clever deal at the time.Taken in isolation and with hinsight it looks like a terrible move but Hunter just regressed badly the following year.

Credit also needs to go to the same guys who got Howard for nothing and have developed him to the point where nobody is yelling about needing to upgrade at RT anymore.
    I absolutely agree that Tanny made lots of good moves. He simply lost the thread after the 2012 season ended. The wheels came off for him and it was time for him to go. I don't dislike him but I wouldn't trust him as a GM again either. There are lots of other FO spots in which he'd excel. Just like Rex will not take a demotion to DC so we keep him, Tanny wouldn't take a demotion so we didn't keep him.