Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Draft picks for Justin Blackmon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    In general I agree but what price is low enough for his kind of issues and potential for issues? A 5th? 4th?
    True, considering the risk involved with Blackmon the price is not going to be high enough for Jax to trade him at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am curious if anyone on these boards thinks that Mike Tannenbaum will ever get another GM opportunity in this league?
    He is an agent now, I dont think he wants anything to do with being a GM again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, considering the risk involved with Blackmon the price is not going to be high enough for Jax to trade him at this point.
    Would inquiring about the asking price be foolhardy.I don't think so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is an agent now, I dont think he wants anything to do with being a GM again.
    I dont think any team wants anything to do with him as a gm.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    That too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Agreed. All that money gauranteed too Holmes,nonsensical contract extension for sanchez,unexplainable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I did not realize he had that many issues regarding substance abuse.Theres no way i would trade a 2 for him.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i would trade one of my 3rd rounders for him,and possibly a few compensatory picks.
    You can't trade comp picks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,just found that out.Thanks CMart

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then trade the picks the round the compensatorys start in.Stop pouring salt in the wounds,jeez!!!
    1) We don't know how many picks we'll get / what rounds we'll get them in
    2) Best we can expect is picks in Rd 5 onwards
    3) If Jax will give up Blackmon for a couple of day 3 picks, then fine do the trade. But they won't, so it's academic

You talk about Blackmon being a huge difference maker for us, but expect Jax to let him go for next to nothing. This isn't Madden, it's real life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would inquiring about the asking price be foolhardy.I don't think so.
    Maybe they already have? It's not like we'd hear if they did.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    1) We don't know how many picks we'll get / what rounds we'll get them in
    2) Best we can expect is picks in Rd 5 onwards
    3) If Jax will give up Blackmon for a couple of day 3 picks, then fine do the trade. But they won't, so it's academic

You talk about Blackmon being a huge difference maker for us, but expect Jax to let him go for next to nothing. This isn't Madden, it's real life.
    I would offer the 3rd we got from Tampa,plus additional mid round picks.As long as we keep our 1 and two this year and in 2015.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    S.Holmes came to us for a 5th(I think) after being named SB MVP. Similar issues as Blackmon, why give up a 3rd for him? 4th maybe but its a pipe dream as some other poster said Blackmon is 1/3 of the QB/WR/RB crew needed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would offer the 3rd we got from Tampa,plus additional mid round picks.As long as we keep our 1 and two this year and in 2015.
    Fine - go ahead and offer. But why on earth would Jax do this??? So he has "issues" - doesn't mean they're trying to dump him in exchange for a bag of footballs.

Let me put it another way - would you trade Coples for a low 3rd round pick and additional mid round picks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that contributes to sustainable success is the QB... Even a defense as good as Rex's only gets you 6 wins minimum. It's on the QB to get the rest in today's NFL.

The Pats have done nothing in running a team to maintain sustainable success outside of keeping Tom Brady. Indy had a trash team for years around Peyton Manning. It's all about the QB.

If you think Geno is the answer, then you can start making moves like Blackmon, but otherwise, hang on and keep looking for the QB. You simply aren't winning a super bowl anymore without one.

The Cleveland Browns surprisingly get that. Now the question is whether or not the QB they get is a star or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fine - go ahead and offer. But why on earth would Jax do this??? So he has "issues" - doesn't mean they're trying to dump him in exchange for a bag of footballs.

Let me put it another way - would you trade Coples for a low 3rd round pick and additional mid round picks?
    Horrible comparison. One is considered to take plays off sometimes and the other has had multiple run ins with the law. Blackmon has already been suspended for 4 games and is 1 strike from 8 games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Horrible comparison. One is considered to take plays off sometimes and the other has had multiple run ins with the law. Blackmon has already been suspended for 4 games and is 1 strike from 8 games.
    I'm just trying to point out that teams don't give up on last year's #1 draft pick for next to nothing in return.

And if he's such a guarantee to get suspended then I want no part of him, bargain or not. Can't have it both ways.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just trying to point out that teams don't give up on last year's #1 draft pick for next to nothing in return.

And if he's such a guarantee to get suspended then I want no part of him, bargain or not. Can't have it both ways.
    Well that's why a trade makes no sense for either side. I bet he'll be moved next year around the deadline tho

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree. Our defense is championship caliber.A big target, whos sure handed would open up the passing game and improve our running game.We have plenty of picks next year.Perhaps a 2nd and 3rd in 2014,and a 3rd in 2015????
    Not for this guy. He is a complete moron!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last week,before the Richardson trade i suggested this trade.Some people thought i was drunk.The Jags are years away from feilding a contending team.They could use draft picks,Blackmon just might get us the afc east and homefield in the playoffs.
    Step away from the crack pipe.

Until we are sure that Geno is a good NFL starter, we need to hoard draft picks so that we can get one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Michael Crabtree? He isn't the problem Blackmon is & has more experience. Plus 49ers may not need him. Don't know what his contract is looking like though.

I would dangle Stephen Hill & a 4th, maybe a 3rd (since we'll have 2) for Crabtree.
    Hill is a positive player, developing slowly & real nice contract.

Wouldn't give up a 3rd for Blackmon, maybe Powell added though. Powell needs to be replaced with Seatrunk.

Would prefer Crabtree (allow him to sit rest of the season to rest & heal up), then take a chance with Kenny Britt. He shouldn't cost us what his talent is really worth due to his recent team problems. Britt, Crabtree & Kerley is a very nice group of receivers, if not elite. Then I would go hard for Jimmy Graham.

Kenny Britt, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Graham, Chris Ivory & Lache Seastrunk(hopefully) would be all the weapons for Geno to succeed. Especially with this defense, which would be even better next year.