Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Answer

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

WR Answer

This guy is the answer for the Jets in 2014. Burner who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball and must be accounted for by the defense at all times. Excellent return skills. Lee is projected to be drafted in the 6-10 range...hopefully we are moving UP to get there.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014mlee.php

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    him or watkins. i saw a mock draft with Lee going in 2nd half of 1st round. has his stocked dropped?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way. Woods helped him out big time last year, not to mention that USC is a bust factory for WR.

Now Sammy L Watkins, thats another story.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watkins is clearly a weapon in the mold of Percy Harvin, but the drug arrest in 2012 scares me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a fan personally

don't think hes physical enough to be a dominant receiver in the NFL, plus he's from USC

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    him or watkins. i saw a mock draft with Lee going in 2nd half of 1st round. has his stocked dropped?
    Besides having a bad QB situation this year, there really isnt many other offensive threats on USC right now. Agholor the WR playing opposite Lee is not Robert Woods, no matter how much USC fans want to think he is. Right now Lee is getting 100% of the opposing defenses attention.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Besides having a bad QB situation this year, there really isnt many other offensive threats on USC right now. Agholor the WR playing opposite Lee is not Robert Woods, no matter how much USC fans want to think he is. Right now Lee is getting 100% of the opposing defenses attention.
    You can see the defenses game planning against Lee with constant double coverage this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    You can see the defenses game planning against Lee with constant double coverage this year.
    I watched the Washington State game and they had Lee tripled covered for a lot of that game. Combine that with sub par QB play, and you can see why Lee's numbers will be way down from last year. He is still a very good prospect.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I watched the Washington State game and they had Lee tripled covered for a lot of that game. Combine that with sub par QB play, and you can see why Lee's numbers will be way down from last year. He is still a very good prospect.
    Now imagine Lee in the green and white commanding that level of attention. It changes the defensive schemes and subsequently frees up the rest of the offense when a true weapon is lining up, something we haven't had in a very long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    Now imagine Lee in the green and white commanding that level of attention. It changes the defensive schemes and subsequently frees up the rest of the offense when a true weapon is lining up, something we haven't had in a very long time.
    To command that kind of attention in the NFL Lee has to be AJ Green, Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson, I am not sure he is that kind of receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Double coverage only helps the offense when there's another receiver on the team who can catch. We might need a repeat of 1996 when we drafted WR with our first two picks. Hopefully we can do better with the 2nd pick this time around. (anyone remember Alex Van Dyke?)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Double coverage only helps the offense when there's another receiver on the team who can catch. We might need a repeat of 1996 when we drafted WR with our first two picks. Hopefully we can do better with the 2nd pick this time around. (anyone remember Alex Van Dyke?)
    Our WRs should all be more in sync with Geno. If we add a draft WR and a FA, then we are good to go. Holmes will most likely be gone next year, so that will be a priority.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Our WRs should all be more in sync with Geno. If we add a draft WR and a FA, then we are good to go. Holmes will most likely be gone next year, so that will be a priority.
    We need two WRs, at least one if not two TEs and probably another RB. Then, assuming some combination of Colon, Ducasse and Winters works out well enough, we need a RT. Hopefully we won't need a QB on top of that.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. We'll probably draft defense in the top 3 rounds.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This offseason should be all about upgrading offensive skill positions - whether through draft or free agency or both. We have a good nucleus, but I agree, we will need at least two WRs - maybe more depending upon how some of the young guys look throughout this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We need two WRs, at least one if not two TEs and probably another RB. Then, assuming some combination of Colon, Ducasse and Winters works out well enough, we need a RT. Hopefully we won't need a QB on top of that.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. We'll probably draft defense in the top 3 rounds.
    Only if Clowney is available..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I'm too scared to take another player from BustU. So give me Watkins from Clemson or Evans from TexA&M

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of thoughts here, I still think the WR's now on the team can carry us for the remainder of this year. Holmes in spite of himself is a very good #1 when healthy, and he is working his way back. I was encouraged that he wanted to suit up for the first game even though he was still pretty ineffective yet. Remember he is playing for his last big contract so it's to his benefit to show this season. So when he is ready he will make a large impact. Hill is also getting there and the fumble against the Pats was just a freak occurrence. Hill has been catching the ball very well and developing. Kerley has been outstanding and would have made a huge difference last week. I know Gates looks really bad at times and believe me I was cursing at the TV screen as much, if not more the the rest of you. Yet the kid can out right fly and gets excellent separation, he just needs to spend time with the Jugs machine after every practice. I would also like to see a little more of Spadola as he seemed to catch everything thrown his way in TC and preseason. Then if you factor in our TE's into this formula I personally don't feel we are in that bad a shape
    I really believe that once everyone is healthy and on the same page this could be a very challenging group to have to face. If Geno continues to develop and gets more in tuned with this group I believe we may change a lot of people's opinions of our WR's.
    Also want to comment on Sammy Watkins, I have watched this young man play from Pop Warner days thru HS. My son played against him many times and is friends with him. This kid is a play maker and a natural footballer Also the drug thing was for Pot, how many kids do you know who have not at least tried the evil weed ? I would love to see this kid in Green and White any day and believe me so would all of you, he would not disappoint.
    Last edited by fltflo; 09-19-2013 at 12:21 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Only if Clowney is available..
    While I was joking, it's not really a joke that a number of sites have us taking Anthony Barr if Bridgewater and Boyd are off the board.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I woud think we draft at least one safety maybe two, but with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds
    I think you may see a wr and or rb in that group, but they could go ILB, 2 safety, OLB
    and free agent the offense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I watch another NFL game. It points out the obvious. We need WRs and a TE that are good. Multiple ones like 90% of the league. We have one decent WR(Holmes) That is it. Hill and the rest of the gang suck. When have you seen Hill go across the field and make a catch and use his speed? NEVER! and in a jump ball situations he just goes up... off balance of course and just tries to knock it away.. Garbage..