Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis a football life

All League

Revis a football life

Anyone watching this? On now....

They are failing to mention his greed of course

Yea. Noticed a couple shots taken at us, of course.

This jerk feeding them that bullocks about him wanting to be a Jet. Bs. He wants to be where the money is. That is ALL Mevis cares about. And fine, I understand him wanting his family and himself to be set for life. Awesome. Just don't give us this bs about you wanting to be here. ****, after all we've paid him, he could have stayed on a smaller deal if he really wanted to.

Whatever. I hope he goes into the hall of fame without a jersey tied to him, because he's just a man without a country. Mercenary for hire.

#yoloswag

Gonna keep posting this until some actually proves they have the right to call Revis greedy.

Which one of you has turned down a monster raise at another company out of loyalty to the one you work for now (especially after they made a conscious decision not to match the offer)?

Owners of their own business and military don't count cause Revis had neither of those reasons to be loyal.

Sounds of silence.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Gonna keep posting this until some actually proves they have the right to call Revis greedy.

Which one of you has turned down a monster raise at another company out of loyalty to the one you work for now (especially after they made a conscious decision not to match the offer)?

Owners of their own business and military don't count cause Revis had neither of those reasons to be loyal.

Sounds of silence.
    Theres a difference between turning down a monster raise when your contract is up and holding your company hostage when you are in the middle of a contract. Your arguement does not apply here.

Revis was a great player on the field for the New York Jets. He had very great success as a top tier HOF level cornerback. He is smart, fast and plays with intensity.

As far as being a leader in the locker room, we won't know. Sometimes friends can't differentiate between a great leader, and someone who is your friend and tells you what you want to hear. Revis never spoke up until things started getting difficult for him in his bank account, and by difficult I mean not where he wanted to be at financially. All his complaints about being disrespected, and such is completely egotistical. The negotiations would be there if in fact he would play out his contract. He refused because he wanted to be paid 50 cents more than Nnamdi, knowing Al Davis screwed it up for everyone in the CB market.

Now he's getting 16 million/year (non-guaranteed), and STILL is complaining. Revis will never be happy, no matter how much money, how many INTs, how many championships, etc he attains.

Great player? Absolutely. Team player? Not remotely.

Lol @ his mom during the Buccs game. "LET'S GO JETS!....wait, wrong team".

#yoloswag

Sounds of silence.
    He shouldn't ask for respect if he's going to go to the highest bidder. Clearly he's not loyal to anyone but himself. Why should the team that employs him be loyal to him? The second his play starts to decline, he should be cut or give money back, according to his methods. There is no loyalty from Revis, hence he gets no loyalty in return. Great player? Yes. Terrible, needy employee.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Theres a difference between turning down a monster raise when your contract is up and holding your company hostage when you are in the middle of a contract. Your arguement does not apply here.
    Of course it does. Contractors leave for better paying engagements every day and clients understand. Because contracts don't mean doodly anymore. If his play goes down he'll be dropped in a minute, just like contractors are.

Sounds of silence.
    The guy held out with 3 YEARS remaining on his contract and played dirty with his scumbag agents criticizing the Jets Brass publically, He is the epitome of a selfish, me first, greedy a$$hole, Screw him and Screw You

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    The guy held out with 3 YEARS remaining on his contract and played dirty with his scumbag agents criticizing the Jets Brass publically, He is the epitome of a selfish, me first, greedy a$$hole, Screw him and Screw You
    BRAVO!

#yoloswag

Actually I numerous times turned down better offers to stay at a place I liked and so did others. And never considered leaving under contract. But our careers are longer than a football player.

seriously should consider signing his mom for right tackle

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Actually I numerous times turned down better offers to stay at a place I liked and so did others. And never considered leaving under contract. But our careers are longer than a football player.
    Revis made in his lowest year what most of us make in our lifetimes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sounds of silence.
    This is such a BS excuse and doesn't compare..

First of all...Most of us make avg to above avg salaries.. It's one thing if you make 100k a year and someone offers you 160k....But in Revis's case he has 30 mil in the bank and could have given us a home town discount. Instead, for over a year, we all knew he wanted 16 mil per...He could have taken a bit less to not kill us....Don't compare guys making avg salaries to someone who either way is going to have 50 mil plus in his bank account...

All League
    Amazing how they are painting Revis as the victim here. Keep saying the Jets gave up on him because of his injury...and hes agreeing...no talk about his contract demands...amazing

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    This is such a BS excuse and doesn't compare..

First of all...Most of us make avg to above avg salaries.. It's one thing if you make 100k a year and someone offers you 160k....But in Revis's case he has 30 mil in the bank and could have given us a home town discount. Instead, for over a year, we all knew he wanted 16 mil per...He could have taken a bit less to not kill us....Don't compare guys making avg salaries to someone who either way is going to have 50 mil plus in his bank account...
    Revis has no loyalty to anyone, and in turn no one should display loyalty to Revis. I would just have him know that the second his play declines, he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    You're also not paid millions a year, either, lol. Well, maybe, I have no clue, haha.

#yoloswag

Amazing how they are painting Revis as the victim here. Keep saying the Jets gave up on him because of his injury...and hes agreeing...no talk about his contract demands...amazing
    The show is about Revis. They won't dare make him seem like a negative influence. Sunshine and roses, not sunshine and farts.

Expect anything else? The bigger question is,why does he have a "football life" made already? This show is reserved for retired greats, not current malcontents.

Dude, I didn't know Vlad gave birth to Revis. Damn.

#yoloswag