Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets were interested in EJ Manuel before draft

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Jets were interested in EJ Manuel before draft

Florham Park, NJ

More...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Manuel would be there for the Jets in the second round. None of the QBs in that draft were really good. The Bills though jumped.
    What also interested me was that they signed Kobb to a FA deal before the draft.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    non story, if the Jets were really that hot on EJ they would've taken him in the first round. Geno was there in the 2nd and they thought he was worth a 2nd rd. pick, if EJ was there maybe they would've take him instead regardless it's not like they thought he was the next franchise QB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets were interested in everyone before the draft. Just like every team...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    The Jets were interested in everyone before the draft. Just like every team...
    LOL, true. Sometimes it is a smokescreen for what they really want.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume they never thought Geno would be there in the 2nd round.

THANK YOU, BUFFALO!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume they never thought Geno would be there in the 2nd round.

THANK YOU, BUFFALO!!!
    And why exactly are we thanking them? EJ has been nothing short of impressive. Torched the same Patriots team Geno crumbled against. Right now the Bills have their guy for the future and we're stuck with more questions than answers.

Funny, no one here even entertains the thought Geno might suck just as much as Sanchez, they are just happy he's gone. Really setting the bar high aren't we.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 09-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    And why exactly are we thanking them? EJ has been nothing short of impressive. Torched the same Patriots team Geno crumbled against. Right now the Bills have their guy for the future and we're stuck with more questions than answers.

Funny, no one here even entertains the thought Geno might suck just as much as Sanchez, they are just happy he's gone. Really setting the bar high aren't we.
    Is that right?
    I could have SWORN the Bills lost that game!
    And you must have missed all of the dropped balls Geno put in WR's hands, "torching" NE and winning the game had they been caught. And they SHOULD have been caught.
    And FYI, that "Beast" Manuel has a much better supporting cast around him than Geno does.

So, once again...

THANK YOU, BUFFALO!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

EJ is going to win. He's a winner like he was at FSU, Big, strong arm, good movement, just thought he needed more coaching, and I wanted him more than Geno. I'm a Jets fan, so let's go Geno, but EJ will have a good career barring injury.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Is that right?
    I could have SWORN the Bills lost that game!
    And you must have missed all of the dropped balls Geno put in WR's hands, "torching" NE and winning the game had they been caught. And they SHOULD have been caught.
    And FYI, that "Beast" Manuel has a much better supporting cast around him than Geno does.

So, once again...

THANK YOU, BUFFALO!
    Lets not forget EJ has 2 good rbs and Stevie Johnson. Meanwhile Geno is stuck with 2 below avg rbs, an injured/rusty Holmes, and Gates/Hill who can't catch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    EJ is going to win. He's a winner like he was at FSU, Big, strong arm, good movement, just thought he needed more coaching, and I wanted him more than Geno. I'm a Jets fan, so let's go Geno, but EJ will have a good career barring injury.
    What did EJ win at FSU? LMAO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

torched??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Lets not forget EJ has 2 good rbs and Stevie Johnson. Meanwhile Geno is stuck with 2 below avg rbs, an injured/rusty Holmes, and Gates/Hill who can't catch.
    Exactly. We have reliable players on Offense like that and Geno looks like a superstar at 2-0.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manuel is good, infact leading up to the draft, I thought the wise strategy was to pass on Geno in the first, and take Manuel in the second. There isn't THAT big of a difference between Manuel and Geno. I think Geno has better accuracy, especially on deep passes, while EJ is a better runner and has a bigger body to withstand hits.

Manuel is going to be off to a better start because defenses aren't geared towards him, they are geared towards stopping Spiller/Jackson. They also have better WRs at this point.

That being said, as others have mentioned, if Geno has Gates catch a ball, we're probably 2-0 as well. This game will be interesting to see, how both QBs react, against great defenses. Our run defense has been amazing this year, which should put the pressure on Manuel to perform.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    WTFLOLGFY

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Oh ok. So last year when everyone was screaming that for Sanchez the past 2 seasons it didn't mean jack-sh*t. Now that we have a new guy though all of a sudden its a legitimate excuse. You people are so f'ng fickle it's maddening. I'm sorry but who exactly did Cam Newton have as a rookie when he threw for 4000+ yards and broke the rookie record? Steve Smith and a bunch of nobodies. You either have it or you don't. Everyone here telling us to be patient? You guys still don't seem to grasp the fact that Geno doesn't have the time the other guys were afforded. He gets this season to prove he's the guy and that's it, regardless of the fact that this teams offensive talent is absolutely abysmal.

Geno played, what I thought was, 3 superb quarters in NE (considering the conditions) and then completely fell apart in the fourth. That's not something that can happen again if he wants to be here long-term. ESPECIALLY when guys like Bridgewater & Boyd are going to enter the draft next year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    exactly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been two games. To say that either team has their long term starter at the QB position is way premature.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    WTFLOLGFY
    OK

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahahahahaha. .... Aahhhhhahahahahahahaaa ... You funny dude!

Let's hope both QB's come out of this game on an upward trajectory ... With us winning of course ...

We'll see who's doing the talking Sunday 7:30pm