Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Are More Dangerous To The Public Than Are Criminals — Paul Craig Roberts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Police Are More Dangerous To The Public Than Are Criminals — Paul Craig Roberts

While writing this article, I googled “police brutality,” and google delivered 4,100,000 results. If a person googles “police brutality videos,” he will discover that there are more videos than could be watched in a lifetime. And these are only those acts of police brutality that are witnessed and caught on camera.

It would take thousands of pages just to compile the information available.

The facts seem to support the case that police in the US commit more crimes and acts of violence against the public than do the criminals who do not wear badges. According to the FBI crime Statistics http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr....-2010/summary in 2010 there were 1,246,248 violent crimes committed by people without police badges. Keep in mind that the definition of violent crime can be an expansive definition. For example, simply to push someone is considered assault. If two people come to blows in an argument, both have committed assault. However, even with this expansive definition of violent crimes, police assaults are both more numerous and more dangerous, as it is usually a half dozen overweight goon thugs beating and tasering one person.

Reports of police brutality are commonplace, but hardly anything is ever done about them. For example, on September 10, AlterNet reported that Houston, Texas, police routinely beat and murder local citizens. http://www.alternet.org/investigatio...t=9&paging=off

The threat posed to the public by police psychopaths is growing rapidly. Last July 19 the Wall Street Journal reported: “Driven by martial rhetoric and the availability of military-style equipment–from bayonets and M-16 rifles to armored personnel carriers–American police forces have often adopted a mind-set previously reserved for the battlefield. The war on drugs and, more recently, post-9/11 antiterrorism efforts have created a new figure on the US scene: the warrior cop–armed to the teeth, ready to deal harshly with targeted wrongdoers, and a growing threat to familiar American liberties.”
    http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013...craig-roberts/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see if Paul Craig Roberts would like to live in a country that does not have police.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Lets see if Paul Craig Roberts would like to live in a country that does not have police.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    While writing this article, I googled “police brutality,” and google delivered 4,100,000 results.
    This logic is fantastic... Google will give you the exact volume of violent acts committed by LEO's...

According to the FBI crime Statistics http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr....-2010/summary in 2010 there were 1,246,248 violent crimes committed by people without police badges.
    But we must rely on actual crime statistics for non LEO's...

I mean, the whole article is trash but that was just superbly idiotic... Somewhere out there, someone is reciting this article as proof that LEO's are more violent towards the public, than the public towards each other or LEO's...

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    This logic is fantastic... Google will give you the exact volume of violent acts committed by LEO's...

I mean, the whole article is trash but that was just superbly idiotic... Somewhere out there, someone is reciting this article as proof that LEO's are more violent towards the public, than the public towards each other or LEO's...

LOL

JetFOXXX

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is Policing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Exactly. A google search about “police brutality” only shows how many web references there are to “police brutality” including this thread! It says nothing about individual incidents. Dump.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant, persuasive argument for the abolishment of Police, right there, boy howdy.

Good stuff, thx for posting!

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically Paul Craig Roberts, whoever the hell that is, is saying there were more than 1.2 million instances of police brutality in 2010? And his main source of data is a google search and youtube?

Oh boy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's rich.

As was previously said, let him live in a country with no police.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The American police perform no positive function.

They pose a much larger threat to citizens than do the criminals who operate without a police badge.

Americans would be safer if the police forces were abolished.
    The fact that this jackass can write those three statements with a straight face truly boggles the mind, almost as much as the fact that there are idiots who believe his tripe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like most issues, this one is neither the all nor nothing many seem to want to pigeonhole it as.

Yes, most cops are law abiding, safety-minded defenders of the public.

No, not all. And some Cops make very bad, very unsafe, very inappropriate decisions that endanger, not protect, the public at large.

And just like with Government, the public should always be mindful of, and sure to enforce, proper limits and controls on the police.

OP Article is indeed trash, but these IS an underlying issue here worthy of discussion IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a hard term picking which dumbass term used by the ultra left pisses me off more "White Privilege" or "Police State"

Any time I hear either of these terms, it's time to start ignoring the source.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Like most issues, this one is neither the all nor nothing many seem to want to pigeonhole it as.

No, not all. And some Cops make very bad, very unsafe, very inappropriate decisions that endanger, not protect, the public at large.

And just like with Government, the public should always be mindful of, and sure to enforce, proper limits and controls on the police.

OP Article is indeed trash, but these IS an underlying issue here worthy of discussion IMO.
    Where's the discussion, who could disagree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Totally agree. Like in any field, there are some who will abuse their power, and there need to be checks in place to address that either before or after abuses take place.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised the Police don't shoot first ask questions later more often.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'm surprised the Police don't shoot first ask questions later more often.
    We just had an incident here in Charlotte. Very disturbing...facts still being determined, jury is out. I am almost 100 percent behind police in these type instances due to the risk of the job but when I learned ONE young cop shot this guy 12 times...that is disturbing.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ficer-who.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I googled "firefighter brutality" and got 3,740,000 results. I also found that U.S. fire departments responded to 370,000 home structure fires in 2011. Based on my research, the only logical conclusion is that firefighters are more dangerous to the public than fires.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I googled "firefighter brutality" and got 3,740,000 results. I also found that U.S. fire departments responded to 370,000 home structure fires in 2011. Based on my research, the only logical conclusion is that firefighters are more dangerous to the public than fires.
    "retired marine brutality" returns 3,250,000 results. JetDawgg is apparently more dangerous to the general public as well.