Thread: Parking at Metlife: Best lot for getting out after game?

All League

Parking at Metlife: Best lot for getting out after game?

Some friends and I are going for our annual trip out to the meadowlands tomorrow...

Last few times we've been we've been stuck traffic for like an hour after the game. This time we're going really early, so should be able to park wherever we want. Looking for some advice: What's the best area/lot for a quick exit?

Veteran
    there is none. its a football game, you're gonna hit traffic leaving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    Some friends and I are going for our annual trip out to the meadowlands tomorrow...

Last few times we've been we've been stuck traffic for like an hour after the game. This time we're going really early, so should be able to park wherever we want. Looking for some advice: What's the best area/lot for a quick exit?
    Wow, Blue Ridge mnts.

I would park as far away as possible on the outer circle and walk a lot. When you leave, an early start on the outer parking lot puts you in front of the traffic. I go Route 3 West . I don't know where you are staying etc. There maybe a shuttle etc.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Wow, Blue Ridge mnts.

I would park as far away as possible on the outer circle and walk a lot. When you leave, an early start on the outer parking lot puts you in front of the traffic. I go Route 3 West . I don't know where you are staying etc. There maybe a shuttle etc.
    yep...that's what I was thinking too. I know some of the outer lots have easier exits onto the access roads than others, so was hoping one of the regulars could give me a tip. Thanks for the input though.

Veteran
    Yellow lot right across from the xandu near the verizon gate. Small lot takes no time to get on 120.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yellow lot right across from the xandu near the verizon gate. Small lot takes no time to get on 120.

Looks like it's lot D you're talking about. Thanks bro.

Veteran
    Yup

Looks like it's lot D you're talking about. Thanks bro.
    Get there early. That lot fills up quick. Unless you are there 3+ hours early, don't bother.

Hall Of Fame
    Leave at half time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Get there early. That lot fills up quick. Unless you are there 3+ hours early, don't bother.
    good to know. thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

To get where?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    To get where?
    heading into city. lincoln tunnel is most convenient to where we're going...but could also take holland or george depending on traffic.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I have had the best luck parking in the orange parking garage by the Izod center. I easily got onto the turnpike from there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    I have had the best luck parking in the orange parking garage by the Izod center. I easily got onto the turnpike from there.
    yeah going that way, that's the closest to where you need to go, back behind the Devils old house in preferred parking. That is a hike to the Stadium though.

Jets Insider VIP

Veteran
    A little help: I'm coming down from North (with Yellow parking) - does it make sense to take Rt. 17 rather than the Turnpike?

Was hoping to park in M lot - though don't know if that back way off 120 is open . . .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

My thought is to park out in lot k by the Timex Center by an exit. You exit behind Timex and getting out onto rt 3 is very easy.

Whatever you do, make haste to your car after the game. Getting out just ahead of the rush makes all the difference.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

And to follow up, you get there (from the city) by staying on rt 3, passing 120 North as well as the turnpike entrance.

Very easy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, K is good most road options are right behind it, I park in L or G and leave that way.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    My thought is to park out in lot k by the Timex Center by an exit. You exit behind Timex and getting out onto rt 3 is very easy.

Whatever you do, make haste to your car after the game. Getting out just ahead of the rush makes all the difference.
    thanks Crash...this is what we did, and it worked great. Back in the city less than a hour from when we left our seats.