Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex Ryan at it again!

All League
    Only female jets fans have relied until this. Good god

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Some of us might actually like to disect and discuss the details of the game in more depth than "WHOOOO!!!!!! (BURP!) WE WIN!!!!"

I completely understand that you're scared sh1tless that we're winning with Rex, and his defense.

Deep inside, you know he'll be back next year. Why wouldn't he be....the team wouldn't be winning if it weren't for his defense.

Are you giving the blowjobs-----------------------> over here?

He's a great DC. Not a HC. Awful decisions.

But his defense is great.

Get a real HC and then we'll be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    He's a great DC. Not a HC. Awful decisions.

But his defense is great.

Get a real HC and then we'll be on to something.
    And what, demote Rex to DC? Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This was as bad of a coached game as Rex has had since he's been here. Atrocious decisions on the challenges that could have cost us the game. The team has no discipline and that starts with him. I question his competence as a head coach
    +1000
    Rex is a lucky man for he could have been canned if they didnít win the game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    No offense, but thats just plain idiotic! I dont even think this warrants a reply, but, I will.

So call a timeout genius! Why just toss a challenge in the garbage?
    I believe you would get more time to discuss the situation with a challenge than with a timeout. If you win the challenge it's a first down. I often wondered why coaches didn't do this more often to get more time to think about their options. Now I know. On the second challenge it seemed obvious to me that someone told Rex to throw the flag. Knowing that he lost his 1st one, and the way the D was playing, he shouldn't have done it. I'm not gonna crucify the guy for it though, I just hope he learns from it. Save the TO for the O, they are gonna need more help right now.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then have him be a D coordinator. He's not a good HEAD COACH. ****, how hard is that concept to grasp?
    And how hard is it for you to understand that he won't stay after a demotion. We will have to put up with some occasional poor coaching decisions to keep his defensive genius. I am willing to make that swap.

I am a huge Rex fan, but he must do a better job of choosing when to throw the red flag. The second one was not smart on his part, but the coaches up in the booth have to do a better job of informing him if its worth throwing the flag. Rex was very upset with many of the calls that were called against the Jets as were many of us watching the game.
    Yet, all in all going against his prodigy he made the Bills look like crap today

Week 3- Cant challenge clear fumble on Manuel because he wasted one on a 3rd and 1 play where it wasnt even close!

You mean wasted TWO. That sideline play was clearly inbounds. What the F were you thinking today, Rex? The height of buffoonery.

Veteran
    Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece
    Huh. I thought the Jets won that game.

They did! But so what. Those are potential game losing coaching decisions that can cost your team ballgames, and if they continue, will lose ball games when we play real opponents going forward.
    That is pure sojf right there

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You mean wasted TWO. That sideline play was clearly inbounds. What the F were you thinking today, Rex? The height of buffoonery.
    Rex can't see that from the sideline. He relies on the guy in the booth. Sorry if it doesn't fit your agenda.

Bewildered Beast
    Perfect example of why I started the thread about losing your faith in him earlier in the week.

Week 1- Cost us game against TB with clock management. TB takes moronic penalty to cost them the game.
    Week 2- Leaving Clyde Gates in the game, punt returns with Manti Teo's girlfriend.
    Week 3- Cant challenge clear fumble on Manuel because he wasted one on a 3rd and 1 play where it wasnt even close!

Still making rookie mistakes in his fifth year!
    I. I. I.

Funny how it's really about you.

sg3 called; and sent you a message: Go beat your chest somewhere else, you ridiculous piece of garbage Jets fan. Nobody cares about your passionate obsession with Rex's obvious flaws.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Dude Rex's in-game coaching was indefensible. It was a good win and a lot of positives. The head coach was a liability with his decision-making. If you defend him on this one, there is literally nothing he could do that you would not defend (which is pretty much the case anyway)
    W

Bewildered Beast
    They did! But so what. Those are potential game losing coaching decisions that can cost your team ballgames, and if they continue, will lose ball games when we play real opponents going forward.
    You are a step away from a ban.

and congrats on getting this thread dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Rex can't see that from the sideline. He relies on the guy in the booth. Sorry if it doesn't fit your agenda.
    I'm pretty sure it's SOP in the NFL that challenges are called by the
    coaches upstairs.
    they watch the replay and phone in instructions to the sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I can appreciate why some of you think it was a bad challenge (imagine had we lost the game) but i dont think we would be so 'excited' about the failed challenge if Emanuel does not fumble. No one knew Emanuel would fumble on the ensuing possession. Despite all that, i still think i would have held on to my challenges for the 4th Q. but i cant kill Rex 100% for his "bad call".

No offense, but thats just plain idiotic! I dont even think this warrants a reply, but, I will.

So call a timeout genius! Why just toss a challenge in the garbage?
    No offense but **** off internet tough guy. You throw the challenge flag anyway because its possible after review you can get a first down. Why is that so hard to understand.

Here is another simple fact. It was a rex coached D that played light out today