Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Reactions

Again, the QB has no impact on how much separation the WR is able to generate. That part of the play develops after the QB has thrown the ball. Geno hit holmes right in the middle of his break basket in full stride. It was the best throw I've seen a Jets QB make in years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    You kind of missed the biggest surprise, Bilal Powell had 149 rushing yards today. Where did that come from?
    Damn you're right. I was TOO quick. Powell was huge today. And I'm pretty tired of hearing the announcers say he doesn't have breakaway speed. So what. The guy found holes and runs until after the whistle. Really nice to have a running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Awesome, aye.

But it raises a question......wtf happened to Ivory? Is he hurt?
    He might have gotton hurt.But i've noticed he gets less and less carries as the game goes on. think its his blocking

The pass to Hill was awesome also.Knew he was gonna get slammed and threw a rope to hill 40 to 50- yds downfield

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Not saying I was sure. When I saw the ball in the air and how close the defender was, I was expecting a bad outcome. I thought Holmes made an unbelievable catch that could have easily been a pick if he hadn't. Not a Geno hater, but let's not ignore the problems either. He's a rookie and that's fine but he needs to get smarter. I'll give him props on the TD run though since I forgot that. Gutsy play and he has made plays with his legs a few times and I love that aspect of his game.

Churchill, couldn't agree more. The Manuel fumble was blatant. Ref really botched that one. Lack of challenges has been covered to death so won't go over that again but that was a badly blown call.
    That throw by Geno was probably better than Sanchez has ever had in his career.

All Pro
    Definitely not much separation there. Fortunately the DB wasn't looking. Agreed on the Hill TD. That was a perfect pass.

holmesTD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Definitely not much separation there. Fortunately the DB wasn't looking. Agreed on the Hill TD. That was a perfect pass.

holmesTD.jpg
    Those are the kind of throws big time QBs make, they see one on one coverage & let the receiver make a play.
    Rogers does that every week.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    You must be a Geno hater because that throw to Holmes was perfect - right in his arms on the dead run. Did you watch the play? Better throw than catch. You bring up his bad throws and the rookie throws for over 300 yards. Do you not see how incredible that is? That we may have our franchise QB? Great game by the rookie as he leads a TD drive in the 4th quarter after the game is tied up and a big lead blown.
    i'm not a geno hater, i actually love the kid. but that was definitely a better catch then throw. it was a great throw and an even better catch. holmes was being interfered with, i counted twice on that play, kept his feet and ran it into the endzone.

...and we get Mike Goodson back after next week

Geno may never end up being a good QB, but the difference between him and Sanchez is obvious. Its like comparing Elvis Grbac, or Mark Brunell and Matt Ryan. Geno may be the first QB we have had with this kind of physical ability. Whether he can build on his physical gifts and improve his mechanics and decision making to the point of being good/great...who knows...but watching him sling the rock is a treat for sure.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The pass to Hill was awesome also.Knew he was gonna get slammed and threw a rope to hill 40 to 50- yds downfield
    +1. Showed a lot of toughness to stand tall, take the hit and shake it off. Not the first time this year either. Dude's got balls.

All Pro
    There was a graphic at one point that showed how many 10+ yard plays each team had made - Jets were in double figures. I can't recall the last time I've actually been excited when our offense took the field. I've got so used to cringing at the thought.