Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats to Geno on first 300 yard game

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    GROW the FK up!
    What did I say that was wrong?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno looked good and bad today. But hes a rookie so it is to be expected. Keeping throwing the long ball. It was fun to watch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd give Smith a B for today ... The two,picks were horrible and he floated a couple out there.

That being said, he showed some real potential. The arm strength was on full displayed and he showed some nice touch on the shorter routes.

I'm not on the Bandwagon yet ... But I'm definitely in its garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno had a good game against a beat up secondary, he should have done well. The 2 INT's were not as bad as last week's 3. One was picked off by the line backer slipping back into the coverage. Geno will be better as the year progresses.
    Too bad the team he played on in HS was the Patriots:
    Geno HS.jpg

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's going to throw 20 INTs this season. People need to accept that, we're throwing the ball a lot and he's a rookie. But if he can throw for 4,000 yards and account for 25 TDs, that'll be a lot of promise. Way more than Sanchez showed when he threw for like 2,800 yards and 12 TDs his rookie year
    Good. That's how you're supposed to develop a QB. When they screw up, you don't pull on the reigns and dumb things down. They don't learn that way. And when it costs you a few games (like some people thought it did against the Pats) you just have to deal with it and know it's for the best, long term.

And for me, personally, I'll never complain about a couple turnovers when the offense averages 7+ yards per play. I loved those big plays. That's what the "Greatest Show on Turf" did most weeks, and they made it to 2 Super Bowls and won 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Good. That's how you're supposed to develop a QB. When they screw up, you don't pull on the reigns and dumb things down. They don't learn that way. And when it costs you a few games (like some people thought it did against the Pats) you just have to deal with it and know it's for the best, long term.

And for me, personally, I'll never complain about a couple turnovers when the offense averages 7+ yards per play. I loved those big plays. That's what the "Greatest Show on Turf" did most weeks, and they made it to 2 Super Bowls and won 1.
    Exactly. I don't mind the INTs so much because they are a learning process and most of them are coming on aggressive downfield attempts. We are attacking as a passing offense way more than we ever did with Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno played very well today. Even the INTs were mostly mistimed throws. Smith made good reads though he missed a few times when guys were wide open in space. I'd also like to see how he'd handle a bad pocket. The line has been tremendous in giving him room and time. Part of the 'next step' will be to see how he handles more consistent pressure and how he makes adjustments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN's QBR stat LOVED Geno's game. He scored 85.6 (out of 100), and is ranked 4th best among 28 QBs this week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. I don't mind the INTs so much because they are a learning process and most of them are coming on aggressive downfield attempts. We are attacking as a passing offense way more than we ever did with Sanchez
    Exactly, as long as Geno is making plays down the field, it's much easier to live with a couple of INTs. The throw to Santonio on the last TD was about as good as it gets.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's going to throw 20 INTs this season. People need to accept that, we're throwing the ball a lot and he's a rookie. But if he can throw for 4,000 yards and account for 25 TDs, that'll be a lot of promise. Way more than Sanchez showed when he threw for like 2,800 yards and 12 TDs his rookie year
    Personally, I think his TD's and INT's are going to be about even this year. Near 20 for both.

The most important thing is that he shows progression and improvement during years 2-4.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tone stepped up on the 69 yarder. He was blanketed and fought it off. Great toss though.
    Big ups Geno