Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Positives/Negatives

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Positives/Negatives

    Positives:

    Geno Smith: This kid has some moxie. He has thrown the ball deep more times than I remember Mark doing in a year.
    The Recievers: Much better game and helping Geno out, especially Holmes
    Powell: A monster day in the ground. Showing that he is the lead back
    The D-Line: Dominated the Bills OL and pressured EJ Manuel consistently
    The Secondary (even Kyle Wilson): Helped to contain the Bills weapons.
    Marty Morninweig: Called a fantastic game. Stepped up the run a bit more and allowed Geno to throw deep.

    Negatives:

    Rex Ryan's first challenge decision: You're not going to win a spot challenge unless it is obvious. Gotta stop that
    The REFEREES: That one drive was the worst officiating I've ever seen. They missed two potential Bills turnovers and don't tell me that Rex could have challenged. THE REFS ARE PAID TO MAKE CALLS. DO YOUR DAMN JOB PROPERLY. Also the second flag on Kyle Wilson was bogus (which is why he is not in the negatives)

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Refs suck for everyone. We have benefitted from BS calls in the past but we tend to only remember the ones that go against us.

    Positives - Geno, Powell, Hill, Holmes, Sheldon, Wilk.

    Negatives - Rex's game management and Wilson. Penalties are on Rex (and if you disagree with me just ask him). Needs to stop challenging spots. Wilson's extra-curricular activities needed to be dealt with last year after the SF game. All he does is taunt and get into trash-talking battles.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Positives:

    Geno Smith: This kid has some moxie. He has thrown the ball deep more times than I remember Mark doing in a year.
    The Recievers: Much better game and helping Geno out, especially Holmes
    Powell: A monster day in the ground. Showing that he is the lead back
    The D-Line: Dominated the Bills OL and pressured EJ Manuel consistently
    The Secondary (even Kyle Wilson): Helped to contain the Bills weapons.
    Marty Morninweig: Called a fantastic game. Stepped up the run a bit more and allowed Geno to throw deep.

    Negatives:

    Rex Ryan's first challenge decision: You're not going to win a spot challenge unless it is obvious. Gotta stop that
    The REFEREES: That one drive was the worst officiating I've ever seen. They missed two potential Bills turnovers and don't tell me that Rex could have challenged. THE REFS ARE PAID TO MAKE CALLS. DO YOUR DAMN JOB PROPERLY. Also the second flag on Kyle Wilson was bogus (which is why he is not in the negatives)
    I strongly disagree. The second flag was the correct call. Thank God Rex pulled this clown from the game. If not, we would have lost as the Bills' strategy was to pick on Wilson.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post

    I strongly disagree. The second flag was the correct call. Thank God Rex pulled this clown from the game. If not, we would have lost as the Bills' strategy was to pick on Wilson.
    You mean when Wilson was getting up and slightly pushed the Bills receiver. I've seen worse not called.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was one of the worst games I have ever seen called by the Refs. It truly made me believe in the fix. We were by far the better team and had to prove it time and time again. Crooks.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetsjump....you have no clue. It was a non call.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Refs suck for everyone. We have benefitted from BS calls in the past but we tend to only remember the ones that go against us.

    Positives - Geno, Powell, Hill, Holmes, Sheldon, Wilk.

    Negatives - Rex's game management and Wilson. Penalties are on Rex (and if you disagree with me just ask him). Needs to stop challenging spots. Wilson's extra-curricular activities needed to be dealt with last year after the SF game. All he does is taunt and get into trash-talking battles.
    I will give them a break on close calls. But those weren't close. They were obvious fumbles and the refs didn't get the calls right. I also thought some of the offside calls were false starts.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

    They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

    Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

    Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

    Happy to get the win though despite a sloppy game.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You mean when Wilson was getting up and slightly pushed the Bills receiver. I've seen worse not called.
    I have seen much worse not called but that doesn't make it a bad call. It was also right after another one of his personal fouls. The refs were going to pay close attention to him and he gave them a reason to throw the flag. Immature and selfish.

    From a coverage standpoint, I think Wilson had a good game. He even managed to locate the ball a couple of times.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

    They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

    Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

    Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

    Happy to get the win though despite a sloppy game.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    The fact that a few weeks ago, you were screaming "I HATE MARTY MORNINWEIG", hurts your credibility.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

    They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

    Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

    Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

    Happy to get the win though despite a sloppy game.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    you do realize we won, right???? Sanchez sucks.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have seen much worse not called but that doesn't make it a bad call. It was also right after another one of his personal fouls. The refs were going to pay close attention to him and he gave them a reason to throw the flag. Immature and selfish.

    From a coverage standpoint, I think Wilson had a good game. He even managed to locate the ball a couple of times.
    That's fair. The coverage is the reason why he isn't in my negatives category.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    jetsjump....you have no clue. It was a non call.
    I disagree. Regardless, his game is horrible. The Bills torched him constantly. Back-to-back-toback.....penalties on one drive that led to the tying score. Time to move on from this pos.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The fact that a few weeks ago, you were screaming "I HATE MARTY MORNINWEIG", hurts your credibility.

    I have never said anything bad against Mm. Your confusing me with someone else.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Negatives: Vlad Ducasse

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Refs suck for everyone. We have benefitted from BS calls in the past but we tend to only remember the ones that go against us.

    Positives - Geno, Powell, Hill, Holmes, Sheldon, Wilk.

    Negatives - Rex's game management and Wilson. Penalties are on Rex (and if you disagree with me just ask him). Needs to stop challenging spots. Wilson's extra-curricular activities needed to be dealt with last year after the SF game. All he does is taunt and get into trash-talking battles.
    Penalties are on Rex, and there were some bad penalties, especially the false starts and the defensive encroachments, but the pass INT calls on Wilson were a joke. Johnson was baiting every one of those flags, the complete ignorance of the Manuel fumble, that entire series on the Bills TD to tie the score was an abomination.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    Negatives: Vlad Ducasse
    No, just no. The penalties, sure, but not his play, was far from a negative.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have seen much worse not called but that doesn't make it a bad call. It was also right after another one of his personal fouls. The refs were going to pay close attention to him and he gave them a reason to throw the flag. Immature and selfish.

    From a coverage standpoint, I think Wilson had a good game. He even managed to locate the ball a couple of times.
    Fair

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle Wilson's a good football player.Thats why he's out there.Rex has plenty of other options, but has Kyle out there alot for a reason.He had a really good game against New england. He just let Stevie Johnson piss him off, can't have that.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

    They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

    Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

    Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

    Happy to get the win though despite a sloppy game.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    God give it a rest. Geno has made some bad plays, but he in no way looks lost. In fact he showed significant improvement today from 10 days ago.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us