Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Positives/Negatives

All League
    Another positive

Bucs lose again. That 3rd in the draft might be like a high 2nd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

Happy to get the win though despite a sloppy game.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    Great post, tool.

Is it me or should Darin Walls be starting!... Every time the kid is in he makes a play.....what do you guys think?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    Negatives: Vlad Ducasse
    YES!

Geno looks lost more than anything else. If you remember Sánchez threw a prettier deep ball his frst two seasons. Mm makes a difference, he calls a much better game then any oc we've had.

They obviously mandated we throw to Holmes more this game. I feel like we forced it too him too many times, he did have a nice catch on a poor decision by geno to throw into double coverage.

Our dline is good. Wilkerson was being held like every other lay. He could have had 5 sacks today. Refs are brutal for everyone, but more so to the jets. We get consistently bad calls.

Rex is the worst challanger in the argue. He needs to stop wasting challenges on meaningless spots. His bad challenges cost us big because we couldn't challange the turnover when en fumbled.

What?????

Bashing geno? Wtf hes a rook who looks really good duhhhhhhh

Veteran
    No love for the offensive line? Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks last week and he did barely anything this week. Also, Bilal Powell had a great game, and, as much as I like him, he's not putting up those rushing totals without A LOT of help from the O line

Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    Negatives: Vlad Ducasse
    Aside from the penalties, please explain how he did a bad job? How many times did his guy beat him for a sack? how many rushing yards did Powell get?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    No love for the offensive line? Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks last week and he did barely anything this week. Also, Bilal Powell had a great game, and, as much as I like him, he's not putting up those rushing totals without A LOT of help from the O line

Dbrick handled him one on onemany times. Dbrick had a great game, as did he online. Ducasse had some mental lapses, but he's a big part of why our run game is going.

Side note. I wish Powell would stop his head fakes. He dances too much, he actually has some power but doesn't run downhill enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You mean when Wilson was getting up and slightly pushed the Bills receiver. I've seen worse not called.
    that was the third call, not the second...

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    What?????
    HAHA..Kid throws for 330 and 2TD and runs for another ...shows poise and hangs in there to throw the deep ball and this dude says, "He looks lost" !!!

One issue I had with the refs was on the Jackson fumble...we got flagged for hands to the face but it didn't seem possible in that type of play that call could even happen

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Plenty of love from the O Line from me. I thought they were great tonight. Powell with 150 yards, Geno was never sacked and Mario Williams was not a factor. Great performance - just gotta cut down on the penalties next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    What?????
    obvious trolling and should simply be ignored.

Jets Insider VIP
    At no point did I think the Jets would lose this game. The intensity was always cranked up whenever it was necessary. The will to win is there this season.

Rookie
    Richardson said on the post game show the center is moving his body which he isn't allowed to do. This was the same problem with the Bucs too. I think the league need to look at this. This is a big reason there are so many offsides by the defense especially Mo Wilks.

Veteran
    Just got back from the game. So much you see in person that gets missed on the sofa.

POSITIVES

Holmes - a few insanely great catches today. Not just because he caught them but because of how much repositioning he did while the ball was in the air to put himself in position to make catches a) away from the defender, b) in stride, c) with minimal flailing around (a la Hill). Really opened my eyes - Holmes was big time. Talk about making your QB better - Holmes did that with aplomb today.

O-Line - leaving aside the penalties on Ducasse - Geno had a remarkably clean pocket to throw from all day.

Antonio Allen - Don't know if he was mentioned on the broadcast - but he played really well today. Seems like they had him as the spy on Manuel occasionally. Allen plays really tough, fast and instinctual around the line of scrimmage.

Geno Smith - The two INTs both looked like late throws to me - but he seemed very cool under pressure and made the right reads. Threw some very nice deep balls. Don't know how it looked on TV but that first TD run was a tough bit of running. Great job.

Powell - Played a nice mixed on inside running with enough bounce to put a little extra on a lot of runs. Best running I've seen since LT was here.

NEGATIVES

Kyle Wilson - Some of the penalties were bad calls - but Wilson still panics when the ball is in the air. He breaks stride, loses awareness, makes dumb mistakes (!), etc. He's worse in the slot than when he has the sideline - but I don't think he brings much to the team at this point. He's an easy exploit for offenses. I hope Walls or Milliner can get it together . . .

Clyde Gates - Just not a football player. Brought a few kickoffs out and never made it back to the 20 and got hammered both times. Not worth it.

Short run game - The eternal inability to pound the ball to kill games where we are ahead has haunted us for years now. It's a miserable feeling. I don't know if it's our backs, or guards, or what - but we NEED to be able to finish games. This kind of game in Brady's hands could easily have come off a loss. We lose too many close games because of it.

There is a lot of talent on this team, and penalties aside, they played as a cohesive bunch today. Jets just need to keep improving their weak links.
    Last edited by adpz; 09-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Green View Post

HAHA..Kid throws for 330 and 2TD and runs for another ...shows poise and hangs in there to throw the deep ball and this dude says, "He looks lost" !!!
    So true.
    That poster must be confusing real life to Madden 25, just last night i had 600 passing yards with Geno and 824 total team yards.
    He definately isnt lost. Sometimes he doesnt make the play, just like the other QBs in the league. Elite Eli and Double Jerk Rodgers werent perfect today. They must have been lost further than Geno today then. Veterans, man.

Quote Originally Posted by greygoose11 View Post
    Is it me or should Darin Walls be starting!... Every time the kid is in he makes a play.....what do you guys think?
    Yes!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro

Hmmmm....