Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets defense is stacked

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    amazingly, the refs negated two bills fumbles in a row. first on penalties, second on the decision not to review.
    there was a second one, right? i saw a jets player come out of the pile with the ball, even Geno and half the offense was on the field, along with half the bills defense. i couldn't make it out from my section.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    there was a second one, right? i saw a jets player come out of the pile with the ball, even Geno and half the offense was on the field, along with half the bills defense. i couldn't make it out from my section.
    the first fumble they called a penalty on wilson. the second, the blatant ej fumble, they decided not to review even though i though they have to since it's a turnover. or not.

Waterboy
    What's scary is the D is only going to get better. The front 7 is mighty good already

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    What's scary is the D is only going to get better. The front 7 is mighty good already
    demario is a beast. nice 3rd rounder there.

Veteran
    amazingly, the refs negated two bills fumbles in a row. first on penalties, second on the decision not to review.

They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    not what i wrote. the first fumble they called a penalty. the second, the ej fumble, they didn't booth review even though it was close and they should have.

Hall Of Fame

No, they called it on us. He said "there are 2 fouls against the DEFENSE"

I was baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No, they called it on us. He said "there are 2 fouls against the DEFENSE"

I was baffled.
    They called it on the Bills.

The ball was placed 10 yards behind 10 yards back...it was a 1st and 20 after the play...

Freeman sucks. Brady was WR less
    the Bills Offense is down right awful.

Let's see how good this D is when we play the Saints, Falcons, and Ravens.. just three games

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They called it on the Bills.

The ball was placed 10 yards behind 10 yards back...it was a 1st and 20 after the play...
    I saw that. I think he misspoke and said they were both on the Defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post

Let's see how good this D is when we play the Saints, Falcons, and Ravens.. just three games
    And let's see what kind of excuses you can make up THEN...

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of pressure Coples got today? I mean, is Buffalos Oline that bad or did having Coples in just overwhelm them. I mean 8 sacks!! Was it a pick your poison kinda deal for Buffalo?
    Anyone?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post

I hate this crap. You can only play the teams that you were scheduled to play. How do you get any enjoyment out of sports with BS like this?

All League
    demario is a beast. nice 3rd rounder there.
    Agreed. He looked like a pro bowler tonight. he was all over the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Anyone?
    I kept seeing him put pressure on, but he was credited with no sacks. Im sure he will get a few hurries though.

All Pro
    Does anyone know what kind of pressure Coples got today? I mean, is Buffalos Oline that bad or did having Coples in just overwhelm them. I mean 8 sacks!! Was it a pick your poison kinda deal for Buffalo?
    What I remember is two nearly consecutive defensive off-sides calls against him. Didn't notice big plays but he might have had one or two.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I hate this crap. You can only play the teams that you were scheduled to play. How do you get any enjoyment out of sports with BS like this?
    Meanwhile the Pasts* have played the EXACT same games, yet they must be INCREDIBLE!!!

Pssht

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I kept seeing him put pressure on, but he was credited with no sacks. Im sure he will get a few hurries though.
    I was wondering more if people were peeling off to block him allowing others to get to EJ. I was curious what his impact was as an OLB. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the move but I hope it works out.

The Jets D-line is just that good. The Bills gave up just 1 sack in the first 2 games so their O-line definitely doesn't suck.

This is correct. There was also an inadvertent whistle on the play before EJ was even down. The zebra may have thought he was going into a slide and blew the whistle prematurely. I think that's why there was the phantom holding , just to not go upstairs to the booth to show the incompetence.