Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Jets defense is stacked

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    amazingly, the refs negated two bills fumbles in a row. first on penalties, second on the decision not to review.
    there was a second one, right? i saw a jets player come out of the pile with the ball, even Geno and half the offense was on the field, along with half the bills defense. i couldn't make it out from my section.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    there was a second one, right? i saw a jets player come out of the pile with the ball, even Geno and half the offense was on the field, along with half the bills defense. i couldn't make it out from my section.
    the first fumble they called a penalty on wilson. the second, the blatant ej fumble, they decided not to review even though i though they have to since it's a turnover. or not.

  3. #23
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's scary is the D is only going to get better. The front 7 is mighty good already

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    What's scary is the D is only going to get better. The front 7 is mighty good already
    demario is a beast. nice 3rd rounder there.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    amazingly, the refs negated two bills fumbles in a row. first on penalties, second on the decision not to review.

    They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

    With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

    With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    not what i wrote. the first fumble they called a penalty. the second, the ej fumble, they didn't booth review even though it was close and they should have.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

    With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    No, they called it on us. He said "there are 2 fouls against the DEFENSE"

    I was baffled.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No, they called it on us. He said "there are 2 fouls against the DEFENSE"

    I was baffled.
    They called it on the Bills.

    The ball was placed 10 yards behind 10 yards back...it was a 1st and 20 after the play...

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freeman sucks. Brady was WR less
    the Bills Offense is down right awful.

    Let's see how good this D is when we play the Saints, Falcons, and Ravens.. just three games

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They called it on the Bills.

    The ball was placed 10 yards behind 10 yards back...it was a 1st and 20 after the play...
    I saw that. I think he misspoke and said they were both on the Defense.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Freeman sucks. Brady was WR less
    the Bills Offense is down right awful.

    Let's see how good this D is when we play the Saints, Falcons, and Ravens.. just three games
    And let's see what kind of excuses you can make up THEN...

  12. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of pressure Coples got today? I mean, is Buffalos Oline that bad or did having Coples in just overwhelm them. I mean 8 sacks!! Was it a pick your poison kinda deal for Buffalo?
    Anyone?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Freeman sucks. Brady was WR less
    the Bills Offense is down right awful.

    Let's see how good this D is when we play the Saints, Falcons, and Ravens.. just three games
    I hate this crap. You can only play the teams that you were scheduled to play. How do you get any enjoyment out of sports with BS like this?

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    demario is a beast. nice 3rd rounder there.
    Agreed. He looked like a pro bowler tonight. he was all over the field.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Anyone?
    I kept seeing him put pressure on, but he was credited with no sacks. Im sure he will get a few hurries though.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of pressure Coples got today? I mean, is Buffalos Oline that bad or did having Coples in just overwhelm them. I mean 8 sacks!! Was it a pick your poison kinda deal for Buffalo?
    What I remember is two nearly consecutive defensive off-sides calls against him. Didn't notice big plays but he might have had one or two.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I hate this crap. You can only play the teams that you were scheduled to play. How do you get any enjoyment out of sports with BS like this?
    Meanwhile the Pasts* have played the EXACT same games, yet they must be INCREDIBLE!!!

    Pssht

  18. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I kept seeing him put pressure on, but he was credited with no sacks. Im sure he will get a few hurries though.
    I was wondering more if people were peeling off to block him allowing others to get to EJ. I was curious what his impact was as an OLB. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the move but I hope it works out.

  19. #39
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of pressure Coples got today? I mean, is Buffalos Oline that bad or did having Coples in just overwhelm them. I mean 8 sacks!! Was it a pick your poison kinda deal for Buffalo?
    The Jets D-line is just that good. The Bills gave up just 1 sack in the first 2 games so their O-line definitely doesn't suck.

  20. #40
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    They didn't call the jets for holding on the ej fumble. They called the bills for holding instead of calling it a fumble. It was bs because they knew we couldn't challange.

    With all turnovers automatically being reviewed, why not call it a turnover whenever its close because you know its going to be reviewed. Refs fed us hard the last wo weeks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    This is correct. There was also an inadvertent whistle on the play before EJ was even down. The zebra may have thought he was going into a slide and blew the whistle prematurely. I think that's why there was the phantom holding , just to not go upstairs to the booth to show the incompetence.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us