Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Bilal Powell

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bilal Powell

    As much as I do not understand the constant defense of Ducasse, I equally do not understand the criticism of Bilal Powell. Powell was not very good when he came into the league but he has gotten MUCH better. I thought he outplayed every running back in the preseason and today he looked great.

    I will leave it up to you to decide if he's good enough to be our feature back, but I do believe he has played better than Chris Ivory. 27 carries 146 yards? That is just a great game by any standard.

  2. #2
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Against the one of the worst defences in the league?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF.C.Martin View Post
    Against the one of the worst defences in the league?
    Well, if that is what you truly believe then doesn't the entire Jets offense get ZERO credit? I mean they were playing one of the worst defenses in the league, right?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, if that is what you truly believe then doesn't the entire Jets offense get ZERO credit? I mean they were playing one of the worst defenses in the league, right?
    Thought he was gonna be good from day one just needed some time to develop.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As much as I do not understand the constant defense of Ducasse, I equally do not understand the criticism of Bilal Powell. Powell was not very good when he came into the league but he has gotten MUCH better. I thought he outplayed every running back in the preseason and today he looked great.

    I will leave it up to you to decide if he's good enough to be our feature back, but I do believe he has played better than Chris Ivory. 27 carries 146 yards? That is just a great game by any standard.
    Couldnt agree more (and hopefully the moron who posted after you doesnt derail the thread), but I have been a big powell supporter for 2 years and today was only partial vindication as this is what he can do on a regular basis. He gets criticized for not having "home run ability", but theres about 5 backs in the league that truly have that speed, the rest of the good ones are fast enough to make the corner, which powell did multiple times today, and make the first defender miss.

    Powell is sturdy in all fases of the game and is a much better runner then he has ever been allowed to show on this team. Hopefully the combo of ivorys injury and goodson's last game on suspension will get him 25 carries again vs the titans and he can solidify himself as a good NFL back.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF.C.Martin View Post
    Against the one of the worst defences in the league?
    theres no way the bills are one of the worst in the league. held the pats to 23 and a good panthers O to 23. their not bad.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great game for Powell. He certainly looked like a feature back today. Several times when there was nothing in the middle he bounced the run outside for 10+ yards. the kid looked really good today - he earned the right to be our number one back,

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, Powell does not have the breakaway speed or may not be a game changing back...but look at the vikes...they have ap and they probably will win six games this year..I'm glad to see Powell playing well..you can tell he has worked hard and deserves the credit he's getting

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lache Seastrunk.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    BP has a lot of heart. He's not as talented as some other guys, but he's tough and smart.

    Glad we have him.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is already better than that stat compiler bum Curtis Martin

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is the man. Hes reliable, holds onto the football, can run, catch, be the wildcat guy, picks up the blitz etc.

    Hes our best offensive player. Enjoy watching him.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    No, Powell does not have the breakaway speed or may not be a game changing back...but look at the vikes...they have ap and they probably will win six games this year..I'm glad to see Powell playing well..you can tell he has worked hard and deserves the credit he's getting

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    Breakaway speed is over rated. Dependability, and versatility are more important. He is just that with 150 yds today.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    theres no way the bills are one of the worst in the league. held the pats to 23 and a good panthers O to 23. their not bad.
    Get used to it. A Jets win is never credited to them but to the mistakes and injuries the opponent had.
    Bills worst in the league. Next week when they win, they'll be contenders again. Just like folks were saying after they took Pats to the brink in Week 1.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Powell is the man. Hes reliable, holds onto the football, can run, catch, be the wildcat guy, picks up the blitz etc.

    Hes our best offensive player. Enjoy watching him.
    Pick up the blitz!! You had me at that.
    By the way how many sacks did Super Mario Williams have today?


    ZERO.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Breakaway speed is over rated. Dependability, and versatility are more important. He is just that with 150 yds today.
    Exactly my point...who cares if he can't score from anywhere ..I'll take todays performance anytime

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Breakaway speed is over rated. Dependability, and versatility are more important. He is just that with 150 yds today.
    Exactly! this is why the Giants are idiots for drafting that fumbling fool David Wilson! Sure he can run like the wind but if he cannot hold on to the football what is the purpose?

    The Giants suck!

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is a lesser version of Shon Greene and just isnt a featured back. He is durable I'll give him that but there is a reason we passed on 3rd and short so often. Ivory and Goodson have much higher upsides if they EVER get on the damn field. The line played great today and he did have his best game to date.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Powell is a lesser version of Shon Greene and just isnt a featured back. He is durable I'll give him that but there is a reason we passed on 3rd and short so often. Ivory and Goodson have much higher upsides if they EVER get on the damn field. The line played great today and he did have his best game to date.
    Ivory has been on the field and he is a jag at best. There is a reason he couldnt get onto the field in NO. Powell is our back this year. Goodson will be the number 3 back and wont see the field unless powell or ivory get hurt.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Powell is a lesser version of Shon Greene and just isnt a featured back. He is durable I'll give him that but there is a reason we passed on 3rd and short so often. Ivory and Goodson have much higher upsides if they EVER get on the damn field. The line played great today and he did have his best game to date.
    Honestly, this could be the dumbest post ive ever seen on this board. Lesser then greene? All greene could do was run into people and fall down. I mean, are you serious?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us