Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilal Powell

Bilal Powell

As much as I do not understand the constant defense of Ducasse, I equally do not understand the criticism of Bilal Powell. Powell was not very good when he came into the league but he has gotten MUCH better. I thought he outplayed every running back in the preseason and today he looked great.

I will leave it up to you to decide if he's good enough to be our feature back, but I do believe he has played better than Chris Ivory. 27 carries 146 yards? That is just a great game by any standard.

Against the one of the worst defences in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by HOF.C.Martin View Post
    Well, if that is what you truly believe then doesn't the entire Jets offense get ZERO credit? I mean they were playing one of the worst defenses in the league, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, if that is what you truly believe then doesn't the entire Jets offense get ZERO credit? I mean they were playing one of the worst defenses in the league, right?
    Thought he was gonna be good from day one just needed some time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As much as I do not understand the constant defense of Ducasse, I equally do not understand the criticism of Bilal Powell. Powell was not very good when he came into the league but he has gotten MUCH better. I thought he outplayed every running back in the preseason and today he looked great.

I will leave it up to you to decide if he's good enough to be our feature back, but I do believe he has played better than Chris Ivory. 27 carries 146 yards? That is just a great game by any standard.
    Couldnt agree more (and hopefully the moron who posted after you doesnt derail the thread), but I have been a big powell supporter for 2 years and today was only partial vindication as this is what he can do on a regular basis. He gets criticized for not having "home run ability", but theres about 5 backs in the league that truly have that speed, the rest of the good ones are fast enough to make the corner, which powell did multiple times today, and make the first defender miss.

Powell is sturdy in all fases of the game and is a much better runner then he has ever been allowed to show on this team. Hopefully the combo of ivorys injury and goodson's last game on suspension will get him 25 carries again vs the titans and he can solidify himself as a good NFL back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF.C.Martin View Post
    theres no way the bills are one of the worst in the league. held the pats to 23 and a good panthers O to 23. their not bad.

All Pro
    Great game for Powell. He certainly looked like a feature back today. Several times when there was nothing in the middle he bounced the run outside for 10+ yards. the kid looked really good today - he earned the right to be our number one back,

No, Powell does not have the breakaway speed or may not be a game changing back...but look at the vikes...they have ap and they probably will win six games this year..I'm glad to see Powell playing well..you can tell he has worked hard and deserves the credit he's getting

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Lache Seastrunk.

BP has a lot of heart. He's not as talented as some other guys, but he's tough and smart.

Glad we have him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Powell is already better than that stat compiler bum Curtis Martin

Jets Insider VIP
    Powell is the man. Hes reliable, holds onto the football, can run, catch, be the wildcat guy, picks up the blitz etc.

Hes our best offensive player. Enjoy watching him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    No, Powell does not have the breakaway speed or may not be a game changing back...but look at the vikes...they have ap and they probably will win six games this year..I'm glad to see Powell playing well..you can tell he has worked hard and deserves the credit he's getting

Breakaway speed is over rated. Dependability, and versatility are more important. He is just that with 150 yds today.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    theres no way the bills are one of the worst in the league. held the pats to 23 and a good panthers O to 23. their not bad.
    Get used to it. A Jets win is never credited to them but to the mistakes and injuries the opponent had.
    Bills worst in the league. Next week when they win, they'll be contenders again. Just like folks were saying after they took Pats to the brink in Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Powell is the man. Hes reliable, holds onto the football, can run, catch, be the wildcat guy, picks up the blitz etc.

Hes our best offensive player. Enjoy watching him.
    Pick up the blitz!! You had me at that.
    By the way how many sacks did Super Mario Williams have today?

ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Breakaway speed is over rated. Dependability, and versatility are more important. He is just that with 150 yds today.
    Exactly my point...who cares if he can't score from anywhere ..I'll take todays performance anytime

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Exactly! this is why the Giants are idiots for drafting that fumbling fool David Wilson! Sure he can run like the wind but if he cannot hold on to the football what is the purpose?

The Giants suck!

Powell is a lesser version of Shon Greene and just isnt a featured back. He is durable I'll give him that but there is a reason we passed on 3rd and short so often. Ivory and Goodson have much higher upsides if they EVER get on the damn field. The line played great today and he did have his best game to date.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Powell is a lesser version of Shon Greene and just isnt a featured back. He is durable I'll give him that but there is a reason we passed on 3rd and short so often. Ivory and Goodson have much higher upsides if they EVER get on the damn field. The line played great today and he did have his best game to date.
    Ivory has been on the field and he is a jag at best. There is a reason he couldnt get onto the field in NO. Powell is our back this year. Goodson will be the number 3 back and wont see the field unless powell or ivory get hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Honestly, this could be the dumbest post ive ever seen on this board. Lesser then greene? All greene could do was run into people and fall down. I mean, are you serious?