Thread: Geno Smith Bandwagon Babby

Geno Smith Bandwagon Babby

Im on it! This kid after an off season with workong out and putting on some weight and really getting comfortable with more weapons on offense will no doubt in my mind flourish! He has good size and a strong arm. The good thing I love about him is that he takes chances but not crazy stupid sanchez chances!!! As his footwork improves so will his ball placement! Im so excited I can finally can watch a game now and have hope that well get a 40 yard play once a game not once a season today we had 4 40 yard plays we had less then that the last two years

Babby.

i was a sanchez supporter, but Geno is on a different level physically...if his composure, decision making and mechanics catch up with his physical gifts we might finally have something to cheer about.

How is babby formed?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    What's a Babby?
    Irish for baby.

Anyways Geno makes it exciting, but equally frustrating. Like Parcells said you are what your record says you are, and right now that is just fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    How is babby formed?
    With that guys spelling he would fit right in here.

Everyone should go re-watch the TD pass to Hill...you think Sanchez could stand in there...get hit...and fling the ball 40 yards? unlikely...knowing him, that would end up being a fumble going the other way...

All League
    Count me in.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Everyone should go re-watch the TD pass to Hill...you think Sanchez could stand in there...get hit...and fling the ball 40 yards? unlikely...knowing him, that would end up being a fumble going the other way...
    That was SUPERB!

I'd give Smith a B for today ... The two,picks were horrible and he floated a couple out there.

That being said, he showed some real potential. The arm strength was on full displayed and he showed some nice touch on the shorter routes.

I'm not on the Bandwagon yet ... But I'm definitely in its garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    That was SUPERB!
    Key word...potential. Did he make ****ty throws? Yes. That throw gave me hope

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    absolutely correct! I am on the GENO bandwagon!

All Pro
    We had two receivers with 100+ yards. When's the last time that happened?

That was a very good game for the offense, although the defensive player dropping back is starting to haunt Geno a bit. I didn't mind the other INT, it's a deep pass, and the safety made a nice play on it. I can't get too upset about that, because for all these years I wanted us to take more shots downfield and sometimes it doesn't work out. Risk vs. Reward.

On the throw to Gates, that was a bad play and hopefully a rookie mistake. Hill on that play has a free release through the middle, with only one safety back. Geno waits on that, and Hill is either open or has one on one coverage with the safety and running down the field. They brought the other safety up before the snap, but he was too late to go back. It's also possible that trying to be conservative there was something that actually led to the INT. We seemed to get a bit too conservative when we hit 20 points. Hopefully, he fixes that read. It wasn't even him staring down his WR, the coverage was slanted that way and he just threw right into it.

Saying all that, Geno is on pace to throw for about 4200 yards after his first three games. That would put him right behind Luck and Aaron Rogers in terms of passing yards, and it's not like he had a luxury of racking them up in garbage time either.

And his start is very similar to how Luck started out last year as a rookie (Luck is better, we don't need to get into that, I know), but after three games, their stats...

Geno: 53%, 801 Yards, 7.85 AVG, 3 TD, 6 INT, while Luck 53%, 814 yards, 6.6 AVG, 5 TD, 4 INT. They went 1-2 in their games, but again that team sucked balls.

And it feels great to be 2-1 with a team that Mel Kiper and all the draft idiots called a glorified expansion team when Geno was drafted.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Babby Brister?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member