Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith vs. Sanchez - through first 3 games rookie year

Veteran
    although sanchez won the 1st 3 games his rookie year he lost the next 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love the Sanchez vitriol. The guy drove me insane too! I'm not defending him. But some of the Geno fans are seriously setting themselves up for a fall. That's all I'm saying.

BTW - great point on the fumbles. The 4 fumbles vs 1 to me, is the biggest thing - we should have seen it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    although sanchez won the 1st 3 games his rookie year he lost the next 3.
    Yea, but what were his stats for those games?

Awesome. Now allow me:

Sanchez games 4-6 in rookie year:

36/80 45% 1TD/8INT 26.5 QB rating

Hall Of Fame
    When Sanchez stunk we could just take the ball out of his hands and run the ball for a score. Geno is being asked to lead an offense. Something that Sanchez crumbled when asked to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LAJET View Post
    I love the Sanchez vitriol. The guy drove me insane too! I'm not defending him. But some of the Geno fans are seriously setting themselves up for a fall. That's all I'm saying.

BTW - great point on the fumbles. The 4 fumbles vs 1 to me, is the biggest thing - we should have seen it coming!
    WTF? Because Sanchez turned into a turd sandwich every QB will???

Sanchez was a dark period we need to forget. Ruined some talented teams and the careers of coaches and players around him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    WTF? Because Sanchez turned into a turd sandwich every QB will???
    Hopefully not, my friend. Ref: Glenn Foley, Browning Nagle.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This offense with Geno at QB is lightyears ahead of what Sanchez ran.

Not realizing that and taking that into account, along with the little fact that the 09 Jets were a better, more complete team with better WRs.

Geno looks like he has the potential to carry a team.

Sanchez, never, ever looked like he could. Always hoped that he would be an efficient game manager. No 2 QBs could be more dissimilar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This offense with Geno at QB is lightyears ahead of what Sanchez ran.

Not realizing that and taking that into account, along with the little fact that the 09 Jets were a better, more complete team with better WRs.
    You guys can't have it both ways. You can't slay Schotty for being an awful OC and then not also note that Sanchez did well with the guy calling the plays at one point. MM is calling a much more aggressive gameplan and so far so good (2 victories, more yards but more INTs) but I have to wonder what sort of success Sanchez would be having here. But I'm probably the only Patriots fan who thought he was a decent QB (right up until the Titans game last year when he made the most gutless throw I've ever seen from a QB since Tony Eason)

Point is you can't blame the OC and credit the QB when it's convenient - the two go hand in hand.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    You need to move on buddy lol it's G. Smith time....he made throws sanchez could only dream of.

Smith - 2-1, 3TD, 6INT, 53.9%

Sanchez - 3-0, 4TD, 2INT, 59.4% (fixed)

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pleased with Gino, and hate that Sanchez regressed, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Let the flame wars begin....

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    You guys can't have it both ways. You can't slay Schotty for being an awful OC and then not also note that Sanchez did well with the guy calling the plays at one point. MM is calling a much more aggressive gameplan and so far so good (2 victories, more yards but more INTs) but I have to wonder what sort of success Sanchez would be having here. But I'm probably the only Patriots fan who thought he was a decent QB (right up until the Titans game last year when he made the most gutless throw I've ever seen from a QB since Tony Eason)

Point is you can't blame the OC and credit the QB when it's convenient - the two go hand in hand.
    I'm sure Sanchez would have put up the same numbers had he played in a driving rain storm on the road when his receivers couldn't catch a cold. It's kind of pointless to make a comparison with such a small sample size. How a QB starts out in his first few games isn't nearly as important as how he plays after defenses have tape on him anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    who cares? Sanchez is ghandi.....let's all move on...

Hall Of Fame
    what do you mean geno fans are setting themselves up to fail....are you actually a jets fan......the majority of us are lifelong fans of the JETS...unlike YOU we are not rooting for one player. It's truly amazing our rookie qb is looking good and you bring up this thread....sorry that you are upset that Smith is the starter instead of your boy sanchez.....sheesh.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You're missing the point. I didn't say a word about Shotty. I don't even think Shotty was a problem, never did. It was Sanchez. Wouldn't have made a difference who was the OC. Sanchez was incapable of running an offense the way Geno has so far. No OC would trust Sanchez the way MM trusts Geno. Its too obvious

Hall Of Fame
    Go back to the Titans game last year...sanchez gave that game to them.

All Pro
    Smith - 2-1, 3TD, 6INT, 53.9%

Sanchez - 3-0, 4TD, 2INT, 59.4% (fixed)

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pleased with Gino, and hate that Sanchez regressed, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Let the flame wars begin....
    Unfortunately, Sanchez's best three games were his first three games. It was all downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    what do you mean geno fans are setting themselves up to fail....are you actually a jets fan......the majority of us are lifelong fans of the JETS...unlike YOU we are not rooting for one player. It's truly amazing our rookie qb is looking good and you bring up this thread....sorry that you are upset that Smith is the starter instead of your boy sanchez.....sheesh.
    Look at his handle man - "LAjet" Sanchez hometown maybe he knows him personally..

Hall Of Fame
    BINGO and we have a winner

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Unfortunately, Sanchez's best three games were his first three games. It was all downhill from there.

+1

Geno with Schotty/Sparano and Ground and Pound would be a probable fail.
    Last edited by houyx; 09-23-2013 at 11:59 PM.