Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Smith vs. Sanchez - through first 3 games rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    No doubt about the fact that something happened to Sanchez. Regardless if it was all on him or coaching or whatever that ship has sailed and lets just hope Geno goes up and not down.
    The key to preventing this from happening again will be continuity. Everybody hated Schotty. I can understand that. But I also already see so many turning on Marty Morninweg. I think it is unfair. If you really think your OC should be perfect, then you should stop watching the game because you'll never see it.

Assuming Geno shows us enough to be deserving of the Jets going all in with Geno, I want Marty here for a minimum of 3 seasons to correctly develop Geno Smith.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Sanchez was picked at #5 Geno went #36, If the Jets really beleived he was the guy they would have picked him at 12. Counting the Giant preason game, 10 ints, 2 fumbles and 4 TD's not Joe Monatana like. I realize most Jets fans are just tired of Sanchez. I think Mark clearly won the starting job, QB rateing of 90 in the preason, Rex was tring to close the deal by having him lead the game winning drive against the Giants. Would not not be shocked to see him take back over for Geno later in season. Rex is tring to save his job. Lets face it we should be 1 -2 if not for a gift from the Bucs.
    On behalf of Jet Nation THANK GOD you don't call any shots for the Jets!!!!!!!

Nobody won the QB competition.....it was inconclusive due to Geno and Mark getting injured.....and the fact that Sanchez (a 5th year starter) couldnt win the job undisputedly from a second round draft pick causing you to make up facts that don't exist should tell you all you need to know...

Have fun watching mark hold a clipboard the rest of his career.....Geno ain't giving that job back bro....

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder if any chargers fans hated on brees because SD passed on Vick in the first round?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Sanchez also didn't have to pass in a monsoon in any of his 1st 3 games either.
    In your first post, you make comment on what Sanchez "apologists" would say, and then you make this comment. For all the belief you have in "Sanchez apologists" it's fair to say you don't like Sanchez and will tear him down at any point you can. Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Another example of why you don't judge based on stats only.

These 2 QBs are running completely different O's. They're not scaling back for Geno like they did for Sanchez.

What is is it, a little over 500 passing yards vs 800+???
    Exactly. Haven't seen them need to put color coded wrist bands on Geno either. Mark also had a better OL and more weapons that 1st year

A nice interview with Geno from EA on the official site: http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...f-7e495d4cb35c

Geno on his turnovers: "Every week, I'm sitting here saying "I've got to find ways to not turn the ball over"...I hate to use the 'rookie' title as an excuse...with this team, this defense, we don't turn the ball over...it's great to see that we can overcome all of that, but we don't wan't to be doing that every week".

NO QB WOULD LOOK TOO GOOD WITH SCHOTTY AND SPARANO DIALING IT UP! I'm praying Geno gets hurt as soon as Marky Mark comes back, Let me see #6 with the Morningwhig scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    In your first post, you make comment on what Sanchez "apologists" would say, and then you make this comment. For all the belief you have in "Sanchez apologists" it's fair to say you don't like Sanchez and will tear him down at any point you can. Fair?
    You must not be on here much -- the double-standard hypocrisy has hit all-time highs (or lows, depending how you look at it) . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Sanchez was picked at #5 Geno went #36, If the Jets really beleived he was the guy they would have picked him at 12. Counting the Giant preason game, 10 ints, 2 fumbles and 4 TD's not Joe Monatana like. I realize most Jets fans are just tired of Sanchez. I think Mark clearly won the starting job, QB rateing of 90 in the preason, Rex was tring to close the deal by having him lead the game winning drive against the Giants. Would not not be shocked to see him take back over for Geno later in season. Rex is tring to save his job. Lets face it we should be 1 -2 if not for a gift from the Bucs.
    Hahaha wow what utter nonsense blinding Sanchez apologists bs! Is it hard for you to root for geno when he leads jets to a win? Most Sanchez fans/geno haters have been smart to stay quiet lately.. Marty is the O genius of this team and he wanted geno from early on.. With clear reason Sanchez is a horrible qb who has regressed since coming into this league as a average game mgr with potential but never proved himself in college.. 1 yr as starter doesn't prove a player..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    NO QB WOULD LOOK TOO GOOD WITH SCHOTTY AND SPARANO DIALING IT UP! I'm praying Geno gets hurt as soon as Marky Mark comes back, Let me see #6 with the Morningwhig scheme
    I have defended Sanchez as much as anybody based on the incompetence of the OCs and coaching staff but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO I WANT GENO HURT!!

This is Smith's team now!! The Sanchez train has left the station...

Hoping Geno gets hurt!!

Come on man!!!

And

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Hahaha wow what utter nonsense blinding Sanchez apologists bs! Is it hard for you to root for geno when he leads jets to a win? Most Sanchez fans/geno haters have been smart to stay quiet lately.. Marty is the O genius of this team and he wanted geno from early on.. With clear reason Sanchez is a horrible qb who has regressed since coming into this league as a average game mgr with potential but never proved himself in college.. 1 yr as starter doesn't prove a player..
    Yea yea we know Sanchez hasn't had a good game or pass since he has come into the league!!!

You to man!!! Come on now!~~

Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea yea we know Sanchez hasn't had a good game or pass since he has come into the league!!!

You to man!!! Come on now!~~

Good Grief!!!
    Not what I said at all.. His best 3 string of games may have been his very first in 09.. Can u count on more than 1 hand how many good games he had since pats playoff game 2010? Not counting the teams we pummeled into the ground with running game..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    As do you, you feel there was no onus on the coaching staff or your love the HC who openly stated a multitude of times that we are a ground and pound team and we'll win by defense.

Its amazing how good the offense looks this year, when its not anchored down by a HC/OC combo that has its roots in defensive minded football. For those who think Geno over Sanchez is the main reason your just not seeing the big picture.
    I live in a world that apparently is strange to you. One where you fail on your own, you aren't the one and only case in the history of the NFL where your failure to become what people hoped you would become is blamed on everyone other than you. Sorry, I don't buy that nonsense. Sanchez failed because he didn't have what we all wanted him have, couldn't take the next steps towards becoming a franchise QB.

Blaming Rex, Shotty and every other coach who came in contact with him is an excuse. If you have talent and drive it will come through with work. No matter who your coaches are.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Love that you write the most idiotic, fu(ked up post a douch could come up with and add a smiley face to dress it up.

Endgame needs to be perma'd.

All Pro

I have never been a Sanchez supporter but he looked good his 1st 3 games. Then we traded away Stuckey who was his 1st down guy was horrid pretty much the rest of the year right till the POs. Never understood how they traded away the guy he had the best timing with in preseason. Stuckey was our #6 going into camp and he clicked with Mark. You could tell he didnt trust Cotch early on. We also didnt utilize weapons like Smith, Leon, Keller, or Woodhead at all Marks rookie year. Had we kept Stuckey instead of making that stupid trade Mark may have had much better numbers as a rookie. Instead he ended up with a low 60s QBR and was stuck learning anther jag WR. They panicked after the NO game IMO. Before he really got started they took his favorite target away. That is the one thing they did to Mark I can honesty say didnt help him one bit. Stuckey should have never been on the table Marks rookie year. The WR core was already weak so they could have still made a trade and put him in the slot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    This

people forget Sanchez made such an exciting start that the comparison between him and Geno at this point in their careers is close to identical....It's what happens next and what we found out about Sanchez in the 5 years since that clouds everything.

Geno also doesn't have Schottenheimer or Sparano to deal with
    Stop with rational discourse, damn you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, you're awesome.

Just watching the Genoites' heads explode was worth the time spent in this thread.

(Oh, and I agree -- I allowed myself to buy into the rookie hype four years ago, there's NO WAY I'm doing it again just because "well, he's better than Mark!!") . . .
    I think that was the idea - 1. get people thinking before they fall in love again, 2. realize Sanchez started off well too, 3. watch the lunatics beat on each other.

As Kevin Bacon said in Animal House "Remain calm, all is WELL."

I thought Sanchez could have been a top 15 maybe eventually bottom top 10 after his first 2 years. He was a game manager who was clutch in the 4th quarter. Yes we took away his weapons and it hurt his growth. However, he made the same stupid mistakes he made as a rookie in year 4. Sanchez needs a change of scenery because he will never succeed here.

It's Geno's time now and I like what I've seen so far. He's not a game manager and can make all the throws. Also long as he can clean up his rookie mistakes he will be here for a long time. If not everyone will ask for his head like they do marks. Only difference is Geno's contract isn't killing us.