Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Smith vs. Sanchez - through first 3 games rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Great trade is an exaggeration Edwards was a flop. Stuckey wasnt a great WR but he and Mark connected. Trading his #1 4 games in didnt help Mark one bit. Thinning out the WR core by trading Marks best WR in camp yeah great trade. I loved Edwards when he came here but it is obvious he did nothing for this team here. The few BE supports here are insane IMO. His play as a JET was horrid.
    Lol well I do find your opinion on this subject " interesting" it just isn't reality mark and Braylon connected just fine so I don't see the arguement there.. Like I said BE open up the whole running game again and that was very important.. We don't make playoffs without the run game.. No way we get in relying solely on Sanchez arm, and short routes to stuckey.. We had other guys to fill the loss of the underneath receiving when stuckey left. cotch, Keller... BE was big outside threat we needed to open up the field.. I don't think mark complained about having BE.. Besides its what is best for team not just keeping guys mark becomes buddy's with in camp..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Braylon was at one point a Pro Bowler. Many felt a change of scenery would help him return to form and it's hard to argue that he didn't after the '10 season.

Leon was a Pro Bowl kick returner who was on his way to being a deadly RB in '09 before he suffered his injury.

Thomas Jones was a Pro Bowler RB in '08 and rushed for 1400+ yds in '09 should've probably gone that year too but his performance was overshadowed by Chris Johnson rushing for 2,000 yards.

His entire offensive line consisted of Pro Bowlers.

He had the #1 defense in the league.

Things change, players got hurt/got old, and contract choices had to be made. Sh*t happens, but a franchise guy should be able to overcome all that. You cant give every guy a massive contract. This isn't friggin baseball.

You are honestly embarrassing yourself. For your own good, please stop posting.

NICE JUST SAVED ME A ****LOAD OF TIME LOL

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    In your mind the OC ruined your love.

Given what Shotty produced with others, I'd say we're blaming the wrong guy. A crippled Chad ran a better O than your boy.

No matter how hard you try and paint a picture of doom and gloom saddling your boy, the reality is that Sanchez walked into the best scenario a young QB could hope for.

A top of the league OL.

The leagues best running game.

The leagues best defense.

You keep spewing the same nonsense. You keep trying to convince us that the Jets ran the game plan they did because is was what they wanted to run, when in fact it was because they had a OL, great RBs and sh1t at QB.

Argue it, go ahead.

don't forget the leagues top special teams we were always winning the field position battle and even had 3 or 4 punt blocks that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol well I do find your opinion on this subject " interesting" it just isn't reality mark and Braylon connected just fine so I don't see the arguement there.. Like I said BE open up the whole running game again and that was very important.. We don't make playoffs without the run game.. No way we get in relying solely on Sanchez arm, and short routes to stuckey.. We had other guys to fill the loss of the underneath receiving when stuckey left. cotch, Keller... BE was big outside threat we needed to open up the field.. I don't think mark complained about having BE.. Besides its what is best for team not just keeping guys mark becomes buddy's with in camp..

I dont know if they where buddies or not but Stuckey actually earned a spot on the roster with his play with Mark. If trading away a guy who worked hard and lead by example was a good move we sorely differ on the definition of a good move. BE would have made a great slot but didnt improve the team if any Marks rookie year. It was a total detriment to Mark who was a rookie QB that didnt have much to start with. You cant take away his best WR in camp in week 4 and expect him to produce. No one is going to just walk in and have continuity with a rookie QB right off the bat. It was almost 6 weeks before they actually looked like they where on the same page. Edwards had 35 rec with Mark dont be stupid and act like he made him soo much better. Clowney was here 4 games and had 11, 7 of which where 1st downs. Yeah not a playmaking WR but he did the job and worked hard. How many times after he left did we see WR catch the ball 1 yard shy of a 1st down? In a ground and pound O a reception WR is very impotent and that is what he was. BE was never a viable #1 either better talent sure but he never showed it in Green. For all of you who complain that we never drafted a WR for Mark well his Dog ass is the reason why. Not saying they would have made a good pick but almost anything would have been better then what we got out of BE IMO. So no it wasnt a good trade. Didnt help your rookie QB in year 1 or beyond IMO. Say it isnt reality but that is just your opinion.