Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Shout out to Charlotte Jets fans.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Shout out to Charlotte Jets fans.

Had to make a last minute trip to Charlotte on Sunday and Monday. I remembered reading somewhere that there was a Charlotte Jets fans group that meets up every week to watch the game.

Did a little Google searching, found the location and ended up having a blast!

Special thanks to Matt, one of the organizers who figured out that I was in there on my own and introduced me to a bunch of regulars.

Again...great time...not sure if anyone on here is part of the group but if anyone is ever in Charlotte and needs a place to watch the game, I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to the groups Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...s/253478144702

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Had to make a last minute trip to Charlotte on Sunday and Monday. I remembered reading somewhere that there was a Charlotte Jets fans group that meets up every week to watch the game.

Did a little Google searching, found the location and ended up having a blast!

Special thanks to Matt, one of the organizers who figured out that I was in there on my own and introduced me to a bunch of regulars.

Again...great time...not sure if anyone on here is part of the group but if anyone is ever in Charlotte and needs a place to watch the game, I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to the groups Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...s/253478144702
    Really appreciate the shout out. I am Matt. Scott and I do our best to make sure visitors are seated next to people etc. I really enjoy meeting all the NY/NJ people who are moving to Charlotte every month. They find us and make friends. Interestingly..3 weeks ago, 3 guys from my home town who moved to Charlotte showed up. They were NOT together, I sat them together. Its all good.

You were the guy...who sat right at near the stairs right? and I moved you to the 2nd row tables? Heck...Wish I knew you were a JI guy!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Really appreciate the shout out. I am Matt. Scott and I do our best to make sure visitors are seated next to people etc. I really enjoy meeting all the NY/NJ people who are moving to Charlotte every month. They find us and make friends. Interestingly..3 weeks ago, 3 guys from my home town who moved to Charlotte showed up. They were NOT together, I sat them together. Its all good.

You were the guy...who sat right at near the stairs right? and I moved you to the 2nd row tables? Heck...Wish I knew you were a JI guy!
    You might be seeing my face there at some point next season, if the wife is able to work something out with her company we will probably be moving there next year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are in the process of moving from Jersey to Charlotte. Our move should be complete by mid January(right in time for a Jets playoff run ). We will be there for 12/15 game - Jets/Panthers. Looking forward to meeting up and having a place to go watch the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darook View Post
    My wife and I are in the process of moving from Jersey to Charlotte. Our move should be complete by mid January(right in time for a Jets playoff run ). We will be there for 12/15 game - Jets/Panthers. Looking forward to meeting up and having a place to go watch the game.
    Both posts above.... Any questions about the city, E mail me. My Email is at matt at Charlottejetsfans.com, Been here 17 years and LOVE IT. Great City.

For the 12/15 game we have a HUGE tailgate planned. Go to our website and sign up. You wont be sorry.

SDC12274.jpg
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-25-2013 at 11:52 AM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.....that was me!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to here there is an active Charlotte Jets fans meet-up group. My wife and I plan on moving to Charlotte early next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff, guys. Sometimes I think its easier to find a Jets gathering outside the NY area then in it. Everyone always asks me where they can find a Jets bar or Jets crowd in NYC and I'm hard pressed to find one. A place to watch football? Sure. But a place predominantly filled with Jets fans is not always that easy.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do. Thanks Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Both posts above.... Any questions about the city, E mail me. My Email is at matt at Charlottejetsfans.com, Been here 17 years and LOVE IT. Great City.

For the 12/15 game we have a HUGE tailgate planned. Go to our website and sign up. You wont be sorry.

SDC12274.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Great stuff, guys. Sometimes I think its easier to find a Jets gathering outside the NY area then in it. Everyone always asks me where they can find a Jets bar or Jets crowd in NYC and I'm hard pressed to find one. A place to watch football? Sure. But a place predominantly filled with Jets fans is not always that easy.
    Funny..but last Sunday the GIANTS were in town and our bar is about 1 mile from the stadium so we had quite a few GIANTS fans in. reminded me of NY and the split fan base.