Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: How do we beat Tennessee Titans?

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shut down Chris Johnson in the same way we did Doug Martin, Steven Ridley and CJ Spiller.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy... Turnovers. Tennessee has the 29th ranked O in yards this season but has zero tunovers. If Geno does a better job protecting the ball and the Jets D gets 2 turnovers from the Tennessee O, put a W in the books for the J-E-T-S.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Shut down Chris Johnson in the same way we did Doug Martin, Steven Ridley and CJ Spiller.
    if you make locker throw you're well on your way to winning. it's one thing to make brady throw, another to take your chances with locker.

    also like when the jets start out winning. with sanchez it always felt they were coming from behind. i like being up by a score or two early on, very unfamiliar to me.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if you make locker throw you're well on your way to winning. it's one thing to make brady throw, another to take your chances with locker.

    also like when the jets start out winning. with sanchez it always felt they were coming from behind. i like being up by a score or two early on, very unfamiliar to me.
    Ask any defensive coach and they will tell you that playing with the lead on defense is a huge help. Teams become more predictable and tend to make more mistakes.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ask any defensive coach and they will tell you that playing with the lead on defense is a huge help. Teams become more predictable and tend to make more mistakes.
    At least this year i feel pretty confident that our offensive staff will keep the pedal down when we get a lead. In the past we'd get a lead and lock the ball away.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Easy... Turnovers. Tennessee has the 29th ranked O in yards this season but has zero tunovers. If Geno does a better job protecting the ball and the Jets D gets 2 turnovers from the Tennessee O, put a W in the books for the J-E-T-S.
    I think our defense is "due" for some turnovers. We've created a lot of TO opportunities that web either failed to convert, or were taken away by the guys in striped shirts.

    tough to win on the road if you lose the turnover battle.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ask any defensive coach and they will tell you that playing with the lead on defense is a huge help. Teams become more predictable and tend to make more mistakes.
    Yes, we beat the Bills from the getgo and scored quickly after they tied it up. It's also easier as a fan staying ahead LOL.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    best defense in the league outside of seattle IMO, u very good o-line and a qb that is 50 times better than the pathetic loser we had for the last 4-5 years and we continue to get zero respect......how we are a 4 point dog ion sunday is beyond me.
    jake locker is not 50 times better then anyone...dunno what games you are watching.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    jake locker is not 50 times better then anyone...dunno what games you are watching.
    i think its obvious how you beat the titans, you make locker throw the ball...

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an interesting post from the Titans forum poster:
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/game....89231/page-10

    The Jets are a DANGEROUS team right now because they have a ton of talent on D, a strong run game, some good WR's and a good TE receiving threat and a QB who can run and likes to throw deep!

    The area to watch will be the Jets DL versus the Titans OL. Jets have 3 1st round picks and a 350lb NT making a lot of plays freeing up their LB's. Sheldon Richardson is a BEAST and Ive always liked Wilkerson. Coples has bulked up so they have great size! Turner is the key to watch as well as Richardson on Levitre or Warmack and Wilkerson or Coples versus our tackles! Talk about MANO e MANO!!!

    I really think this comes down to who's d can get the better of the other guy and force turnovers. Titans won a close game with 10+ penalties and basically zero in the turnover battle. The Jets won a game where they had 20 penalties and were -2!!! That is IMPRESSIVE!!!

    It's conceivable to get into a shootout but the smart money is a lower scoring affair with a lot of grinding, 3 n outs and turnovers as well as stiff red zone D.

    Both defenses show beef up front, good cb's, a dominant run defending ss and good LB's. Titans LB's can cover the Jets TE's a lot better so Delanie Walker could be a big factor for the Titans. Also, i don't love the Jets secondary depth in the nickel and dime while the titans have more WR quality for 3 and 4 wr sets. Question is, can Locker stay upright long enough to hurt them this way? kendall Wright against the Jets nickel is a big advantage for the Titans IF he sees enough snaps!

    It will be interesting to see if the Jets put Cromartie on Nate all day or match size and have him cover Britt (if Britt even starts) with Wilson on Nate.

    On the flip side, the Jets run D is pretty talented and certainly will give the titans all they can handle up front. I suspect Rex will put his 350lb NT right on Turner (OC) all game and I'd expect to see some serious A gap blitzing to try and single Turner up on a big bullrushing guy...exactly what he's been having problems with.

    Turnovers and special teams could easily be the difference here. Titans dropped a punt snap and missed a 43yd fg. In a game like this, that could be the difference!

    Titans have 3 big advantages. Locker has a LOT more experience then Geno (though Geno put up big numbers last game) and Geno is more likely to throw a pick or 2. Titans have homefield which will make it harder on geno to call and check plays and give the titans pass rush an extra half second to get to him, Locker should have more favorable matchups to throw to and can out run the Jets LB's. The advantage for the Jets is their defensive front 7 is VERY talented, they have a ton of talent at QB and a run stopping SS. Geno is unpredictable and can be dangerous throwing to Holmes, Hill and Kerly. Jets defense has like 12 sacks and they come from everywhere!

    Gut

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a side note, Shonne Green is out for this game and will not play Sunday. That puts the load on Chris Johnson.

    Shonn Greene (knee) will not play in Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Greene misses a matchup against his former teammates. He's tentatively expected to resume big-back duties in Week 5.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn. I was kinda hoping we'd get a bit of a break from CJ2K. Oh well.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Damn. I was kinda hoping we'd get a bit of a break from CJ2K. Oh well.
    Chris Johnson has not done much this year, I think he is only averaging 3.7 yds per carry.

    After how we contained Spiller last Sunday, I am really not worried about Johnson, we have the 3rd overall ranked defense and we are 6th vs the run.

    On a sidenote, the Jets are ranked 10th right now in total offense - who saw that coming?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Geno plays a clean game the Jets should come up with a win. Titans can't drive 70+ yards on this team so field position and no killer turnovers would mean a victory. Of course CJ2K can take one to the house from anywhere on the field and Locker isn't too shabby running either. Stop the run and make Locker a pocket passer and you have the recipe for a Jets win in Music city

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    If Geno plays a clean game the Jets should come up with a win. Titans can't drive 70+ yards on this team so field position and no killer turnovers would mean a victory. Of course CJ2K can take one to the house from anywhere on the field and Locker isn't too shabby running either. Stop the run and make Locker a pocket passer and you have the recipe for a Jets win in Music city
    The Jills have the 5th ranked rushing offense in the league and for the most part we shut them down.

    Jets are ranked T-6th in rushing offense, 17th in passing offense, 10th in total offense.

    Jets D is 3rd overall - 6th vs the run.

    Conversely, the Titans are T-6th in rushing offense, 30th in passing offense and 29th in total offense.

    Titans D is 7th overall - 13th against the run.

    If Geno plays a clean game and we cut down the bone-headed penalties on defense, I think the Jets get the W.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2013 at 03:05 PM.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    Personally,, I am just thinking that the Jets match up poorly with the Titans. Teh Jets have a lot of probelms with speed backs like Chris Johnson in the past like CJ Spiller, and Darren McFadden. Also, running quarterbacks have had their way with the jets. Damian williams and kenny britt are too big and fast for the Jets wideouts. Me personally, I think the Jets are going to lose just based on matchuips, not based on bias. Also, the defensive coordinator is the same one from a Saints team that beat the Jets in 2009. Titans 43 Jets 3.

    - Raider9175
    you're on drugs no matter what you call yourself

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Here is an interesting post from the Titans forum poster:
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/game....89231/page-10

    The Jets are a DANGEROUS team right now because they have a ton of talent on D, a strong run game, some good WR's and a good TE receiving threat and a QB who can run and likes to throw deep!

    The area to watch will be the Jets DL versus the Titans OL. Jets have 3 1st round picks and a 350lb NT making a lot of plays freeing up their LB's. Sheldon Richardson is a BEAST and Ive always liked Wilkerson. Coples has bulked up so they have great size! Turner is the key to watch as well as Richardson on Levitre or Warmack and Wilkerson or Coples versus our tackles! Talk about MANO e MANO!!!

    I really think this comes down to who's d can get the better of the other guy and force turnovers. Titans won a close game with 10+ penalties and basically zero in the turnover battle. The Jets won a game where they had 20 penalties and were -2!!! That is IMPRESSIVE!!!

    It's conceivable to get into a shootout but the smart money is a lower scoring affair with a lot of grinding, 3 n outs and turnovers as well as stiff red zone D.

    Both defenses show beef up front, good cb's, a dominant run defending ss and good LB's. Titans LB's can cover the Jets TE's a lot better so Delanie Walker could be a big factor for the Titans. Also, i don't love the Jets secondary depth in the nickel and dime while the titans have more WR quality for 3 and 4 wr sets. Question is, can Locker stay upright long enough to hurt them this way? kendall Wright against the Jets nickel is a big advantage for the Titans IF he sees enough snaps!

    It will be interesting to see if the Jets put Cromartie on Nate all day or match size and have him cover Britt (if Britt even starts) with Wilson on Nate.

    On the flip side, the Jets run D is pretty talented and certainly will give the titans all they can handle up front. I suspect Rex will put his 350lb NT right on Turner (OC) all game and I'd expect to see some serious A gap blitzing to try and single Turner up on a big bullrushing guy...exactly what he's been having problems with.

    Turnovers and special teams could easily be the difference here. Titans dropped a punt snap and missed a 43yd fg. In a game like this, that could be the difference!

    Titans have 3 big advantages. Locker has a LOT more experience then Geno (though Geno put up big numbers last game) and Geno is more likely to throw a pick or 2. Titans have homefield which will make it harder on geno to call and check plays and give the titans pass rush an extra half second to get to him, Locker should have more favorable matchups to throw to and can out run the Jets LB's. The advantage for the Jets is their defensive front 7 is VERY talented, they have a ton of talent at QB and a run stopping SS. Geno is unpredictable and can be dangerous throwing to Holmes, Hill and Kerly. Jets defense has like 12 sacks and they come from everywhere!

    Gut
    Thats a pretty damn good write up coming from another team's perspective. Talk about unbiased and level headed. This game will come down to turn overs, and if our Dline can continue to get pressure like they have been. If not I do not like the chances of our secondary holding up.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we beat Tennessee Titans?
    I hear scoring more points than them tends to work pretty well.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I hear scoring more points than them tends to work pretty well.
    No no no... It's all about the turnover battle. Didn't you hear?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us