Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do we beat Tennessee Titans?

We MUST play to win the game.

I'm so scared of Jake Locker tho! He's built like a FB and he gives you REALLY bad nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you're on drugs no matter what you call yourself
    I thought it was a spot on Raider impression.

All League
    1. Stop CJ
    2. No Turnovers
    3. Go home with the W

WHen you have mobile QB's, mobile defensive linemen who can tackle with their arms are hugely important. Mo and Sheldon are great in this regard. Hope Sheldon's shoulder is good and Mo's at his best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    WHen you have mobile QB's, mobile defensive linemen who can tackle with their arms are hugely important. Mo and Sheldon are great in this regard. Hope Sheldon's shoulder is good and Mo's at his best.
    Remember Snacks can dunk a basketball at 6'2" and 330 lbs.

The same identical game plan used against the Bills...

1) Stop Chris Johnson and the running game. This should not be hard. Johnson does not appear to be the homerun hitter of the past. Whatever the reason for that may be, Johnson slipping, insufficient blocking, etc.; either way this is something that can be achieved. Especially for the Jets defense.

2) Make Jake Locker beat us. He does not appear to be a very good QB, at least not right now. Make him throw ALL of the throws to beat us. He has not shown that thus far.

With that said, there are some additional things should be important during this game.

3) CONTROL the turnovers and penalties. This is the surest way for the Jets to lose what is a winnable game for them. The discipline and avoiding penalties, I am not worried about. Rex made this a focus this week and there is every reason to believe they will play much cleaner this weekend.

The turnovers, on the other hand, is a bit worrisome. Geno is a rook and he is learning on the job. He has not learned how to protect the football better yet. He shown some good signs in spots, but there is more to do.

Can you imagine just how good Geno Smith could look if he manages to control the turnovers? He looks great otherwise.

4) The defense must hit Jake Locker. This is actually disappointing so far. With how awesome this defense has looked so far this season, you would think they would generating more turnovers? They have been so dominant that there is no reason to think that they cannot generate more turnovers. If they can manage to get to Jake Locker as often as they got to EJ Manuel, they should be able to get some short field opportunities for the offense. Jake Locker does not like to get hit, not that I am really saying much. EVERY QB does not like getting hit. But In Locker's case, he really does not like it and bad things happen when he gets hit early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    4) The defense must hit Jake Locker. This is actually disappointing so far. With how awesome this defense has looked so far this season, you would think they would generating more turnovers? They have been so dominant that there is no reason to think that they cannot generate more turnovers. If they can manage to get to Jake Locker as often as they got to EJ Manuel, they should be able to get some short field opportunities for the offense. Jake Locker does not like to get hit, not that I am really saying much. EVERY QB does not like getting hit. But In Locker's case, he really does not like it and bad things happen when he gets hit early and often.
    MJ, the Jets DID generate TWO fumbles last game but the friggin' REFS hosed the Jets there(Rex's decision on using his challenges early didn't help either).

Definitely limit CJ - we bottled him up last year, except for the one run where he was untouched. Other than that, this is basically the same titans offensive skill players as last year when we bottled their offense up. Their offensive line is a lot stronger this year, so I do expect a few more blitzes then we ran against buffalo, so that could generate a couple turnovers.

Tennessee's defense, in my opinion, is pretty overrated. Their secondary is average, linebackers are pretty good in coverage (ayers is a quality player) but their DLine is ranked 23rd in the league so far by PFF. I think we should be able to run the ball pretty well, and I expect another big day from powell.

Lastly, I think Tennessee will be paying extra attention to our downfield passing which should really open things up for Kerley underneath. Id like to see us use Hill to draw deep coverage and work more underneath stuff then we did vs the bills to help control the clock.

Undrafted Free Agent
    the answer is yes

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post
    the answer is yes
    Absolutely, RV

Jets Insider VIP
    The secret to beating Tenn is to control time of possession. I would love to see a rested Defense on the field the whole game.

A lot of short stuff with a few bombs to keep them honest. I'd love to see Jake Locker and company with a lot of 3 and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The secret to beating Tenn is to control time of possession. I would love to see a rested Defense on the field the whole game.

A lot of short stuff with a few bombs to keep them honest. I'd love to see Jake Locker and company with a lot of 3 and outs.
    I think we have to run the football.If we can't we might be in trouble. Geno's had trouble with linebackers dropping into coverage.Thos Tenn linebackers aren't big, but thier very fast.I'd say run the football, and take our shots downfeild

All Pro
    Tennessee I think is the worst Team in Yards per game so far which means they have Trouble moving the ball consistently. But they still have two Players in Locker and CJ who can have a big Play and decide a game with it. They want to turn the game into Kind of a sloppy contest and then come out in the end with a few marquee Plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I think we have to run the football.If we can't we might be in trouble. Geno's had trouble with linebackers dropping into coverage.Thos Tenn linebackers aren't big, but thier very fast.I'd say run the football, and take our shots downfeild
    +1

OH. MY. GOD!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    OH. MY. GOD!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I would have expected one that looked like it was run over by a Tractor Trailer, from you. I'm disappointed.

Jets Insider VIP
    There was one episode on Louie where a homeless man gets hit by a truck and get thrown 100 feet. That would be more appropriate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Both teams have the same gameplan. Stop the run and make the qb beat you.

The team that wins this game will be the team whos qb plays better and doesnt turn the ball over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Both teams have the same gameplan. Stop the run and make the qb beat you.

The team that wins this game will be the team whos qb plays better and doesnt turn the ball over.
    They have home field and a few ref calls and we have our unrelenting front 4.

You don't /end thread

To me, they're two similar teams. Turnovers will likely decide the game. If the Jets are +2 in turnovers, I can't see the Titans winning (and the opposite is true).

edit: I hate the new smilies. In fact your board in general gives me the agita