Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing what winning a couple of games does....

Amazing what winning a couple of games does....

Haven't read or heard the words "Circus" or "Disarray" anywhere lately, have you? Now all of a sudden we have great DL scouts and have drafted well yada yada yada. Do these guys realize what absolute horses a$$e$ they now look like?

On another note, I was in the hospital Sunday evening (Gall bladder attack) and managed to catch the game in between a cat scan and other tests. I know it was only Buffalo, but from what I saw, our defensive front 7 is going to be championship caliber real soon. We have so much depth, they actually remind me of the Giants and how they built their SB teams that can withstand an injury or 2 and plug someone right in not missing a beat.
    I am really excited for our future.

All Pro
    I hear 'disarray' plenty. Only it's about that other team from NY at the moment. Can't say I hate it.

Hope all is well.

Hall Of Fame
    After the Carl Banks comments I have actually heard the term "Circus" being tossed around here and there.

Mostly by Jets fans I have to admit but still

Practice Squad
    To be fair, the jets, largely due to the media, has been a circus. I was one of those who originally thought Mike T. was doing a good job (and now the Wilkerson, Ducasse, Ellis) draft is looking pretty good (especially since they were drafted towards the end of the rounds) (and so does the Coples, Hill, Davis draft). But, with the ridiculous contracts, the blabbing to the media, the Tebow mess, the team was in disarray and a circus, or zoo.

I think Idzik has done a wonderful job changing the culture of the team in just one year. Rex has mostly changed his tune as far as comments and press confernces. I don't know if Rex has matured as head coach or that Idzik has set the tone, but I think the circus is gone. Some of that has to do with winning, but I also think that some of the winning has to do with the culture. Either way, the media may have blow the 'circus' out of proportion, but it was there and now it isn't.

It doesn't hurt to have the Giants are falling apart at the same time (which I greatly enjoy)

Jets Insider VIP
    The rise of the Jets and the fall of the Giants.

Most of the NY media are Giant fans. When they are doing well they feel superior to us and hence the circus comments.

There's only one circus in town, and it ain't the Jets.

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Haven't read or heard the words "Circus" or "Disarray" anywhere lately, have you? Now all of a sudden we have great DL scouts and have drafted well yada yada yada. Do these guys realize what absolute horses a$$e$ they now look like?

On another note, I was in the hospital Sunday evening (Gall bladder attack) and managed to catch the game in between a cat scan and other tests. I know it was only Buffalo, but from what I saw, our defensive front 7 is going to be championship caliber real soon. We have so much depth, they actually remind me of the Giants and how they built their SB teams that can withstand an injury or 2 and plug someone right in not missing a beat.

Yup, the media is conspicuously silent. However, the minute anything goes wrong they will run their mouths claiming all the crap from before. Their a bunch of a$$hats.

I'm not expecting much from the offense, that's a work in progress. It's going to take time.

The defense, however, looks nasty. A little disappointed in the low number of turnovers, a defense that dominant should be generating more turnovers, but overall a very stout defense and possibly the best in the Rex Ryan era.

Winning also cures locker room drama and finger pointing

I don't think the Jets have been called a circus since last year. It's amazing how much that single word hit home and affected so many fans.

For like the last several months, any time a problem was publicized about another team, the first joke was, "they're a circus, not us!"

Maybe it was the NYDN front page pic that did it, but damn, this word hit hard into the psyche of some Jets fans.

It's the C-word around here. "Don't EVER call us that!"
    Last edited by ASG0531; 09-26-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I don't think the Jets have been called a circus since last year. It's amazing how much that single word hit home and affected so many fans.

For like the last several months, any time a problem was publicized about another team, the first joke was, "they're a circus, not us!"

Maybe it was the NYDN front page pic that did it, but damn, this word hit hard into the psyche of some Jets fans.

GFY, loser.

You don't know shlt.

Back to Patsfags with you

These news ads are rough. I can't view jets insider in my small super stealth window at work anymore.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonmajet View Post
    To be fair, the jets, largely due to the media, has been a circus. I was one of those who originally thought Mike T. was doing a good job (and now the Wilkerson, Ducasse, Ellis) draft is looking pretty good (especially since they were drafted towards the end of the rounds) (and so does the Coples, Hill, Davis draft). But, with the ridiculous contracts, the blabbing to the media, the Tebow mess, the team was in disarray and a circus, or zoo.
    Wilkerson and Ellis were 2011 draft with Kerley and Powell - not looking too shabby right now. Ducasse was 2010 draft with Wilson, Connor and Mcknight -- still not looking too good. But you can add Antonio Allen to the Coples, Hill, Davis draft and last year's is looking pretty good. When you also consider Damon Harrison was a UDFA from 2011, Mike T did a real nice job with that draft in 2011 & 2012. Kind of a nice parting gift.

I heard Colin Cowcrap call the Jets a circus during an interview with Justin Tuck over the Summer. Justin Tuck. LOL. Talk about over rated, WTF has he done lately? Also, I believe he was on the field Sunday too.

The difference between our front 7 and the Giants when they were winning titles is we have linebackers...

I love how the roles have been completely reversed. The vultures are circling East Rutherford right now. So funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

I'm not expecting much from the offense, that's a work in progress. It's going to take time.
    Typical SOJF post. Only three games into the season and you're blasting the offense. Terrible excuse for a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Typical SOJF post. Only three games into the season and you're blasting the offense. Terrible excuse for a fan.
    HOW exactly am I blasting the offense in this post? Why don't you explain that response, JI Police...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Yup, the media is conspicuously silent. However, the minute anything goes wrong they will run their mouths claiming all the crap from before. Their a bunch of a$$hats.

The defense, however, looks nasty. A little disappointed in the low number of turnovers, a defense that dominant should be generating more turnovers, but overall a very stout defense and possibly the best in the Rex Ryan era.

The defense has been nasty. In three games the defense has given up only three touchdowns. The first TD was given up when Tampa Bay took over after a Geno fumble on the 5 yard line. The second touchdown was when Brady threw a TD pass on a blown coverage in the first quarter of the Pats game. The third TD was on the Buffalo penaltypalooza drive in the fourth quarter. Think about that! Those are the only TDs that the defense has given up! No team has yet had a legitimate drive for a touchdown against the Jets without the help of a turnover, a blown coverage or a ton or penalties.

Once the turnovers start kicking in, and they will, this defense could be one of the best of all time for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by JetGreg View Post
    The defense has been nasty. In three games the defense has given up only three touchdowns. The first TD was given up when Tampa Bay took over after a Geno fumble on the 5 yard line. The second touchdown was when Brady threw a TD pass on a blown coverage in the first quarter of the Pats game. The third TD was on the Buffalo penaltypalooza drive in the fourth quarter. Think about that! Those are the only TDs that the defense has given up! No team has yet had a legitimate drive for a touchdown against the Jets without the help of a turnover, a blown coverage or a ton or penalties.

Once the turnovers start kicking in, and they will, this defense could be one of the best of all time for the Jets.
    That's what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonmajet View Post

I think Idzik has done a wonderful job changing the culture of the team in just one year. Rex has mostly changed his tune as far as comments and press confernces. I don't know if Rex has matured as head coach or that Idzik has set the tone, but I think the circus is gone. Some of that has to do with winning, but I also think that some of the winning has to do with the culture. Either way, the media may have blow the 'circus' out of proportion, but it was there and now it isn't.

It doesn't hurt to have the Giants are falling apart at the same time (which I greatly enjoy)
    I agree that the culture has been changed with Idzik aboard. I think the past 2 years have humbled Rex (to a certain extent), but he has also toned it down because he knows his job is on the line. Jumping the gun here, but if the Jets are make a playoff push this year, it will be interesting to see if Rex goes back to the 09-10 bravado.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

It's kinda like that "C" word, in Foxboro.......... CHEATERS.

It's amazing, how much those "C" words can get to the "psyche" of a fanbase.
    Last edited by Laxman; 09-27-2013 at 01:26 AM.