Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we beat Tennessee Titans?

All Pro

How do we beat Tennessee Titans?

How?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Nothing has changed, hold the PA down. Get the PF up.

is Shonn Greene playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    is Shonn Greene playing?
    No he's still out with an injury

I have no idea.

I am TERRIFIED of Jake's Locker and rumor has it he is built like a Fullback!!!

Throw your jockstraps out on the field?

Maybe that'll work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Throw your jockstraps out on the field?
    GENIUS!!!!

All we need to do is swap out the Ref's flags with our jockstraps!

Then Jake Locker will be more interested in the Refs and it should divert his attention enough for us to get pressure on him!

(But I'm still really scared)

Score more points

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    Score more points
    Don't have to score more then what last week had. The defense isn't going to allow more then 14 to the titans.

All League
    We just played them last December and we committed FIVE turnovers and they could only beat us 14-10. Greg Williams is
    their DC so you can expect a lot of blitzing. We have to shutdown Chris Johnson keep a spy on Locker so he can't run and
    let our DLine get after him

Don't see alot of difference between them and BUF. Shut down their running game, tackling is key in this game. Swarm Johnson and bring him down. As for Locker, he doesn't scare me to be quite frank. Key to this game is turnovers. Geno needs to be smart with the football.

I wouldn't really take them lightly, especially playing in Nashville Country Music field. They are pretty physical, with a homerun threat offense. They are a better version of the Bills. We can win but not really a pushover. Rex sometimes has trouble with them scramblin qb's.

Don't let Chris Johnston turn a 3 yard run into a 70 yard td. If the Jets let him get loose we won't be having some valiant LB chase him down. I'm not super concerned about Locker but they have a good oline and johnston is the type to run for 2,3,2,-5,2,1,-4,76

Jets Insider VIP
    We bench Pace when he lets Chris Johnson get by on an arm tackle like he did with Fred Jackson last game.

Keep turnovers to a minimum.
    Sack Jake Locker early and hard.
    Get our running game going again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Don't see alot of difference between them and BUF. Shut down their running game, tackling is key in this game. Swarm Johnson and bring him down. As for Locker, he doesn't scare me to be quite frank. Key to this game is turnovers. Geno needs to be smart with the football.
    +1. A rb that can break it at any time, a qb who can run the ball but question his throwing ability and some talent at wr. We should win this game 21-10 if we play like last week - the penalties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    The difference is 1. they have a winning record and 2. they have home field advantage and a few ref calls go their way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Don't let Chris Johnston turn a 3 yard run into a 70 yard td. If the Jets let him get loose we won't be having some valiant LB chase him down. I'm not super concerned about Locker but they have a good oline and johnston is the type to run for 2,3,2,-5,2,1,-4,76
    This is important. They probably have the best Oline we have faced all year. It will be a good test for our D-line. Right now we live and die by how much pressure we put on the QB, as our secondary is last in the league in passes defended. We need to continue to put constant pressure on the QBs and get penetration on running plays.

On offense we need to limit turn overs, and play smart. We usually play the Titans tough, this will be a good game.

Personally,, I am just thinking that the Jets match up poorly with the Titans. Teh Jets have a lot of probelms with speed backs like Chris Johnson in the past like CJ Spiller, and Darren McFadden. Also, running quarterbacks have had their way with the jets. Damian williams and kenny britt are too big and fast for the Jets wideouts. Me personally, I think the Jets are going to lose just based on matchuips, not based on bias. Also, the defensive coordinator is the same one from a Saints team that beat the Jets in 2009. Titans 43 Jets 3.

- Raider9175

All League
    best defense in the league outside of seattle IMO, u very good o-line and a qb that is 50 times better than the pathetic loser we had for the last 4-5 years and we continue to get zero respect......how we are a 4 point dog ion sunday is beyond me.

Hold Chris Johnson under 100 yards and don't let Jake Locker escape the pocket too easily. Locker sucks as a pocket passer but when he's out of the pocket he's extremely dangerous. Jets Lbers and safetys are key in this game.

On offense play your game ( MM's wCO) , we may have difficulty running this week , so I would use the pass as a run ( ie screens, slants , quick outs, misdirection etc..)