Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRADE dept. : are the jets talking to the vikings re a trade ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Untouchable's point is still valid, even for valuation purposes, its a foolish trade. Two young players like Richardson and Davis is way too much to give up for a 28 year old RB, even one as good as Petersen.
    That is not what I was objecting to. It was his "what is wrong with you people?" bullsh1t. At some price every player who has ever lived is tradeable. I was simply asking the board where they would put "fair value" on a player trade between us and the vikings. I was asking this knowing that different folks would have different opinions on the question.

We know it will never happen but it is as good a conversation as any to have in midweek leading up to game-4.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Richardson, Davis AND a first rounder??? That's way too steep for a RB.
    No because you destroy the chemistry on the Defense. Sheldon Richardson is ours for the next 8-10 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question is also interesting because you know that a Vikings fan's opinion about "fair value" would be very different than a Jets fan. I am sure they would look at our young kids, drool a little and then proclaim them to be unworthy because they are not yet proven.

So now we know which players we would NOT give up, is anyone willing to suggest a "fair value" trade, something that they would pull the trigger on, naming player names and where they are not 100% sure who is getting the better of the deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Dump this crap
    Alot of people seem to forget that we get Goodson back week 5.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this has been a good conversation

lastsamurai3.jpg

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    ALot of people seem to forget that we get Goodson back week 5.
    Plus we signed Huggins

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many likes did it get on facebook?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is how we got in trouble to begin with. Draft and develop your own players and our GM is off to a great start..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see them trading AP I just dont think we could do the trading. If we did Holmes or Mark would have to be part of it just so we could take his salary.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AP sells tickets, jerseys ... when u think of vikings who else do you think about? Are the Vikings even thinking about championship contending within the next couple of years? They've been in rebuild mode since Favre left so why trade the guy who sells tickets? Makes no sense. Trades don't happen cause social media or radio stations push the idea. We'd have to trade half of our draft for Minny to even consider it .. We're talkin 1st, 2nd, 5th ... 2nd, 3rd, 5th & a player ... it would have to be something like that. We're talking that type of value for that even to be considered and if we ever did that and AP goes down with a season ending injury or something like that the franchise is set back about 2 years. Not going to happen ... this isn't basketball where 1 guy can determine that much. No no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just silly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Plus we signed Huggins

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Facebook = the dumbing down of America, oh along with golf.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Besides, would you give up draft picks for a guy albeit a great RB, he did have major ACL surgery?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeezus you miserable f&*k.......

"FOR..... VALUATION.... PURPOSES... ONLY...."

What part of that is too large to be absorbed into your thick skull? Do I need to use words with only one syllable? I am sorry but this board does not support an animated bouncing ball.

I have already stated earlier in the thread that I would not trade Richardson for him straight up.

fukineejits
    Settle down, cupcake.

It's a ridiculous goddamn trade scenario that makes zero sense.

You'd don't trade away two young, potentially dominant defenders (especially on a team that values defense above all) for a soon to be 30 year old RB who already has had major reconstructive knee surgery.

Maybe Tannnbaum would do some ridiculous sh*t like this, but that's why that jerkoff is working at a law practice right now.

Idzik has said repeatedly that he values each and every draft pick. So why would he even entertain the idea of trading away a guy that he just drafted in the 1st round less than 5 months ago and already looks like a monster in the making?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    AP sells tickets, jerseys ... when u think of vikings who else do you think about? Are the Vikings even thinking about championship contending within the next couple of years? They've been in rebuild mode since Favre left so why trade the guy who sells tickets? Makes no sense. Trades don't happen cause social media or radio stations push the idea. We'd have to trade half of our draft for Minny to even consider it .. We're talkin 1st, 2nd, 5th ... 2nd, 3rd, 5th & a player ... it would have to be something like that. We're talking that type of value for that even to be considered and if we ever did that and AP goes down with a season ending injury or something like that the franchise is set back about 2 years. Not going to happen ... this isn't basketball where 1 guy can determine that much. No no
    Minni's attendance has actually dropped a lot in the time AP is there so if that is the reason to keep him it isnt a good one. They made the POs last year and had the 2nd lowest attendance they have had sense 98. Kinda like putting a bandage on to stop an artery bleed. If they dont win vs Pitts I'd very well be looking for the best offer on the board for guys like Allen, AP, Greenway, Jennings, and Williams. Keep in mind you may see Cassel start this week and their back 10 games look brutal. AP has what 2-3 years left, is being paid a ton of cash, Minni is not winning anything, and they have anther RB already. If you can trade a RB that has more miles on him then anyone other then Steven Jackson and get value why not? Anther 1 round pick would be huge not to mention freeing up like 14 mil in can space next year and like 17-18 the next few years. AP had like a 7 year 100mil deal which escalates as he is hitting 29 next year. Lets just say they can pull off a Portis like deal who was younger. Do you think IF Cleveland gives up Ward and a 2nd for him that would be a bad idea(not gonna happen)? Not that I think they would but still if an owner is in love with the idea of having AP someone would likely overpay to have him. Fact is if someone even offers a 2nd they should consider it if only to better the future of the team. Keep in mind last year people talked about trading Revis for a 2nd rounder and he was younger and not a RB.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 09-25-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez for Vikings' 7th rd pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Settle down, cupcake.

It's a ridiculous goddamn trade scenario that makes zero sense.

You'd don't trade away two young, potentially dominant defenders (especially on a team that values defense above all) for a soon to be 30 year old RB who already has had major reconstructive knee surgery.

Maybe Tannnbaum would do some ridiculous sh*t like this, but that's why that jerkoff is working at a law practice right now.

Idzik has said repeatedly that he values each and every draft pick. So why would he even entertain the idea of trading away a guy that he just drafted in the 1st round less than 5 months ago and already looks like a monster in the making?
    We wouldn't... It is midweek and what else is there to discuss? Nobody is saying to do it we are just talking about what the price MIGHT be. The conversation starts off at more than a penny... less than a billion dollars or somewhere in the middle and we all get to see where it goes from there. I am curious to see at what price some here would pull the trigger.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Minni's attendance has actually dropped a lot in the time AP is there so if that is the reason to keep him it isnt a good one. They made the POs last year and had the 2nd lowest attendance they have had sense 98. Kinda like putting a bandage on to stop an artery bleed. If they dont win vs Pitts I'd very well be looking for the best offer on the board for guys like Allen, AP, Greenway, Jennings, and Williams. Keep in mind you may see Cassel start this week and their back 10 games look brutal. AP has what 2-3 years left, is being paid a ton of cash, Minni is not winning anything, and they have anther RB already. If you can trade a RB that has more miles on him then anyone other then Steven Jackson and get value why not? Anther 1 round pick would be huge not to mention freeing up like 14 mil in can space next year and like 17-18 the next few years. AP had like a 7 year 100mil deal which escalates as he is hitting 29 next year. Lets just say they can pull off a Portis like deal who was younger. Do you think IF Cleveland gives up Ward and a 2nd for him that would be a bad idea(not gonna happen)? Not that I think they would but still if an owner is in love with the idea of having AP someone would likely overpay to have him. Fact is if someone even offers a 2nd they should consider it if only to better the future of the team. Keep in mind last year people talked about trading Revis for a 2nd rounder and he was younger and not a RB.
    Only 3 teams I can see going after AP

Giants
    Dallas
    Raiders

Giants may look out for Eli and attempt it. Financially it doesn't make sense for any of these teams and football wise maybe only the giants could use him cause a great RB can help the o line and QB. Minny won't do it for a 2nd. If word was around that AP was available for a 2nd he'd be gone right now. With the way he takes care of himself and how he healed from that injury it's feasible that he can have 4 to 5 prime years in him. He believes its gonna happen... I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility.

Most RB's primes are usually 4 to 6 years anyway. If you feel u can get 4 years out of AP is it worth it? It will cost someone likely 2 high draft picks. Won't happen over here with this GM and the whole swapping players thing doesn't happen in football so take that off the list. Most trades in football are for picks and dumping salary. Both cases apply for Minny if they traded him. Cleveland got a 1st for Richardson a dude who can't stay healthy and averaged 3 and a half yards a carry. Revis just came off a serious knee injury and most teams were scared to give up a 1st in case he didn't recover and become that same guy.
    Diff story

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since this is a silly thread to begin with. How many here would give up say Richardson, Davis and a first rounder for AP?

For those who think this would be worth exploring no matter how implausible it sounds, which or our young studs would you be willing to give up?

Personally I think Richardson will be all-planet in the next few years if not sooner and so I would not give him up.
    ..silly ! ? !...SILLY ? ! ? ! ----> NO ! ! , DUMB, but not silly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We wouldn't... It is midweek and what else is there to discuss? Nobody is saying to do it we are just talking about what the price MIGHT be. The conversation starts off at more than a penny... less than a billion dollars or somewhere in the middle and we all get to see where it goes from there. I am curious to see at what price some here would pull the trigger.
    I personally don't even know why this thread hasn't been dumped yet.

It's a ridiculous rumor that started on Facebook of all places.

The Vikings would never trade Peterson in the first place unless they were absolutely blown away with an offer and it really makes no sense for the Jets. Especially since Mornhinweg doesn't exactly orchestrate a run heavy offense. Why give up a boatload for Peterson when we'll run him maybe 15 times a game on average? He's not exactly known for his receiving skills out of the backfield either. Minnesota pretty much uses Gerhart exclusively for that purpose.