Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TRADE dept. : are the jets talking to the vikings re a trade ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I personally don't even know why this thread hasn't been dumped yet.

It's a ridiculous rumor that started on Facebook of all places.

The Vikings would never trade Peterson in the first place unless they were absolutely blown away with an offer and it really makes no sense for the Jets. Especially since Mornhinweg doesn't exactly orchestrate a run heavy offense. Why give up a boatload for Peterson when we'll run him maybe 15 times a game on average? He's not exactly known for his receiving skills out of the backfield either. Minnesota pretty much uses Gerhart exclusively for that purpose.
    Other that the dump part I pretty much agree. It is still interesting to see the valuation that we the fans put on some of our own players.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Other that the dump part I pretty much agree. It is still interesting to see the valuation that we the fans put on some of our own players.
    ...and the value we put on other team's players

"If " by the trading deadline we look to be out of playoff hunt, trade Holmes for draft pick option? He will be cut end of yr, not because he suckks and makes a lot of $ like Sanchez, but he is overpaid thanks to terrible contract skills by MT.. But Holmes could help out a team playoff bound, he is proven clutch in big spots.. A 3rd or 4th would be nice.. Sure Holmes would like idea of playing for competitive team fighting for playoffs for a few months.. A team that trades for him will still cut him too but many teams ( including us) would try to sign him next yr for a reduced salary.. I'd be in favor of bringing Holmes back if price is right and no heavy guaranteed $ MT loved to dish out to players..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    ...and the value we put on other team's players
    AP is always going to be tough to value fairly. He is clearly a once in a generation player who is still in his prime but he plays a position that has been devalued because of changes in the way the game is played. Yes, he is still in his prime but the career life expectancy of RBs is shorter than for other positions and he has already had one injury which kept him sidelined for pretty much a whole year. How much mileage is really left on those tires and how much money is he going to want?

I have no idea how to value him even if he was on the trading block which he is not. How much was a 28 y/o Curtis worth back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Gerheart is absolute garbage. A horrible version of Peyton Hillis. Please god no.

AP on the other hand...
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    AP is always going to be tough to value fairly. He is clearly a once in a generation player who is still in his prime but he plays a position that has been devalued because of changes in the way the game is played. Yes, he is still in his prime but the career life expectancy of RBs is shorter than for other positions and he has already had one injury which kept him sidelined for pretty much a whole year. How much mileage is really left on those tires and how much money is he going to want?

I have no idea how to value him even if he was on the trading block which he is not. How much was a 28 y/o Curtis worth back in the day?
    i hope we don't get ap. too much $ / alot of " miles "