Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE dept. : are the jets talking to the vikings re a trade ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Question TRADE dept. : are the jets talking to the vikings re a trade ? ? ?

If youíve been on Facebook or Twitter in the last day or so, youíve seen the trade rumors involving Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and the New York Jets. The trade rumor started when the trade concept was mentioned on a New York radio station, WFAN 660 AM. While this most likely was just wishful thinking by the Jets faithful, it was enough for it to creep into social media.

Last week, the Jets had their starting running back Chris Ivory go down with a pulled hamstring. That hamstring has been nagging him all year. Most recently, the last hamstring pull that Ivory had kept him out for several weeks, and rumor is that the team is not confident to go forward with Bilal Powell as an every down back for the team.

This is where the Vikings come in. The word on the street is that the Jets are looking to trade with the Vikings. Most assume it is for superstar Adrian Peterson. We already saw one running back who was a former first round pick be traded this year, so it isnít impossible. But a trade like that from the Vikings would set the team back even more than the current 0-3 hole that the team is in.

Instead, the Vikings should try to dangle Toby Gerhart to the Jets. He is a much more likely target for the Jets, since the Vikings will most likely not be able to retain him and would lose him in free agency anyway. He also fits what the Jets like to do as a team and could be had for a much smaller price.If the Vikings do end up trading last yearís MVP to the Jets, expect to see a large majority of the Vikings fan base going into hibernation. Losing the teamís best player at this point of the season at 0-3 would be enough to make even the most sane Vikings fan insane.

Keep in mind that this is a just a rumor. It would be extremely shocking to see a trade like this go down and a radio station in New York isnít exactly a reputable source for trade information. Vikings fans should rest assured that Peterson wonít be going anywhere for a long, long time.

> http://thevikingage.com/2013/09/24/a...r-circulating/

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-25-2013 at 10:38 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting out my popcorn...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gerhart would be possible...and a good addition to our roster

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We already traded one draft pick for a RB -- not crazy about trading another.

Let's see what Goodson has first. After a few weeks of assessing him, maybe Ivory is back, or Powell has proven to be able to shoulder the load himself.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Gerhart -- I guess if the price is right you have to consider him. But I don't see Minnesota giving players away at this point . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vikings won't be stupid enough to trade Peterson, pretty much the face of the franchise.

I don't think there is much truth to this at all, besides people just making up fantasy football like trade offers because one team is struggling and the other has a need at that position.

I'd be shocked if this has any kinds of legs to it.

The only possible target they could be talking about is maybe Matt Simms. Ponder has sucked and their backup is essentially a WR, but that wouldn't be a big deal, probably a conditional late pick at best I'd guess, unless their scouts are enamored with him from this preseason.
    Last edited by Win4ever; 09-25-2013 at 07:41 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    The Vikings won't be stupid enough to trade Peterson, pretty much the face of the franchise.

I don't think there is much truth to this at all, besides people just making up fantasy football like trade offers because one team is struggling and the other has a need at that position.

I'd be shocked if this has any kinds of legs to it.
    There is literally no truth to this. It is a rumor and nothing more.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

Let's see what Goodson has first. After a few weeks of assessing him, maybe Ivory is back, or Powell has proven to be able to shoulder the load himself.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Gerhart -- I guess if the price is right you have to consider him. But I don't see Minnesota giving players away at this point . . .
    This + dump

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

While I apreciate the sentiment and think this is all BS. If you can get AP at a reasonable price you grab him.

To say we've already given away a pick so let's not go after the undisputed best RB in the NFL and league MVP a just silly.
    Draft picks are football players that may or may not turn out to be good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't want to give up any of the players that they could conceivably want in return.

And we all know it would be a list of players and some picks thrown in too.
    Last edited by EM31; 09-25-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop talking BS about this. None of it is true. It's ONLY driven due to the Trent Richardson trade. Now all these "what ifs" start popping up. Ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Exact, we have Goodson; Ivory may be out one or two games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gerheart is absolute garbage. A horrible version of Peyton Hillis. Please god no.

AP on the other hand...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, no friggin chance the vikes trade Peterson. Gerhart would be a strong possibility though. Unless he came very cheap I'd just as soon hold the fort for another game and then hopefully Goodson is back and then use one or more of our draft choices next year to get a feature back.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Any draft pick has to be converted into players, and clearly no player drafted is a sure thing. Maybe the Jets are not a Super Bowl contender this year, but this team was rebuilt from the O-line and D-line this year to control the line of scrimmage and doing exactly that. What we lack are skill positions, and we may have a very good one in Geno Smith at the most important position in all of sports, though time will tell. If we can fill a skill position with the best RB in football, are you kidding me? Would make a trade in a heartbeat! Would certainly be a 1st and 2nd rounder, but I don't care. Would be Super Bowl contenders next year. WR and TE would still be question marks, but my hope going into the year was that either Hil or Gates emerged, and I still think Hill can, not too sure about Gates. Solid TEs can come at reasonable price in FA in the offseason or drafted rounds 3-5.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It aint happening; however, if we had Adrian Peterson, we would go deep into the playoffs lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peterson is going to be very costly for whatever team tries to trade for him. Cause if the Vikes were looking to trade AP...it would be for a Herschal Walker boatload of 1st and 2nd round picks. And then they would start a major rebuild and draft a QB in 2014 draft. Ponder isn't the answer at QB for sure. Without the QB in place...AP will never get a Supe ring. So maybe he...like Harvin...wants out of there and to another team. Would he want here with the Jets or to a team like 49ers? 49ers have picks and CAP space to accomodate Peterson more then Jets do. And Gore is aging.

This type of trade would have to be a win-win proposition for the Jets. Don't see how that would be for the Jets...when this team is in a phase one rebuild mode themselves. Jets need a young stud RB to grow with this team for the long haul. I'd rather Jets keep their picks and draft one in 2014.

Peterson is 28 years old...he would want to go to a team ready to make an immediate run for the Lombardi Trophy. And that ain't our Jets. AP to the jets doesn't make sense to me. And i don't think it makes sense to Idzik's rebuild program either.

If Goodson is in shape...he comes back in Wk#5. Jets could use another back for the rotation with Powell. But AP is way more then that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Dump this crap

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Dump this crap
    Seriously, it is a FACEBOOK rumor.....LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It aint happening; however, if we had Adrian Peterson, we would go deep into the playoffs lol.
    why the "lol" i think thats a true statement.